ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Retro Gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:42 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:37 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:47 pm
Hleb was a frustrating player, capable of great play but didn't seem to have alot of end product
Funnily enough "lack of end product" was exactly what I was going to say about him, so I agree with you on that Mc.

Btw, should a McDowell be referred to in abbreviated form as Mc, or as Mac (even though it's not Mac in the full spelling?). You might tell me that it shouldn't be abbreviated at all ! :D

It's Mc, Retro

Got it, thanks.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:07 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
Hleb was a frustrating player, capable of great play but didn't seem to have alot of end product
Funnily enough "lack of end product" was exactly what I was going to say about him, so I agree with you on that Mc.

Btw, should a McDowell be referred to in abbreviated form as Mc, or as Mac (even though it's not Mac in the full spelling?). You might tell me that it shouldn't be abbreviated at all ! :D

It's Mc, Retro

Got it, thanks.

Just noticed that when I quoted your response about us selling Song and Hleb to Barca, a "Fuck off" now appears in your post, but it wasn't in your original post ??! I don't think it was in there when I quoted you either.

Maybe I've got a stalker who's editing posts and slipping insults in ?? :lol:

Peculiar.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

It's Mc, Retro
MC Retro sounds like some dodgy old rapper from.the 1980s! :lol: :wink:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

On the Guendozi question, i am unsure of his ability to make it as a top quality player but the one thing i am sure of is he is not going to improve here under this coach and alongside these players, therefore we should cash in on him.

Arteta is not going to develop Guendozi so therefore if a decent offer comes in then it is a no brainer to sell him. It seems contradictory to me for people to be advocating keeping an out of favour player who reqiures significant development under a coach they have no faith in :rubchin:

If it were a different coach, Emery for example, then he might be able to improve Guendozi but as yet Arteta has shown me little to say he is improving the youngsters in the last 6 months, those without latent talent that require considerably more working on anyway. And before the Emery brigade get on board the previous comment, there was no point in Emery staying to develop one or two young players if he was unable to hold sway with the older members of the squad irrespective of their lack of professionalism towards him. I do not believe that if Emery had stayed we'd be any better off or in a higher league position than we have ended up in.

Also I agree that we are once again going to be left with the dross we all want rid of but remember that better and considerably more experienced managers/coaches than Arteta have played Mustafi, Xhaka, Kolasinac etc regularly not just here at Arsenal either..... We are royally screwed until the people at the top take a serious look at where we are and begin to understand the perilous situation they have put us in and address it, Arteta much like Wenger is a symptom not the actual disease.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:56 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

It's Mc, Retro
MC Retro sounds like some dodgy old rapper from.the 1980s! :lol: :wink:

:lol: :lol: It does indeed. I quite like it, other than the fact that I can't stand fucking rap !

I've been known to irritate those listening to it with a nonchalent, "Ah yes, rap, with a silent 'C' ".

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Besiktas want to take Reiss Nelson on loan, Arsenal unwilling to lose the player and want to keep him as part of the squad. [@ertansuzgun]

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal, who hope to reach Europe through the FA Cup, may just stick with the squad they have. Players took wage reductions during football’s closure, which effectively rules out heavy spending. There has been interest in Partey but persuading Aubameyang to commit [@mcgrathmike]

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:04 pm
Arsenal, who hope to reach Europe through the FA Cup, may just stick with the squad they have. Players took wage reductions during football’s closure, which effectively rules out heavy spending. There has been interest in Partey but persuading Aubameyang to commit [@mcgrathmike]
Well at least the club's trying something different this year, rather than the usual 'no money available' excuse, they're playing the heart strings with 'it wouldn't be fair to offload these players after the 'huge' sacrifice they all made taking a wage cut'........ fuck me but our PR Guru should be earning more than Ozil :banghead: :roll:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

After all those years of hearing commentators saying "Patrick Kluivert who has been linked to Arsenal....." did I see we're now being linked with his son?? :shock:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Red Snapper wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:35 pm
After all those years of hearing commentators saying "Patrick Kluivert who has been linked to Arsenal....." did I see we're now being linked with his son?? :shock:
Has Joe Cole had a kid yet? Or have we signed one if not both of those De Boer brothers yet?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Thomas Partey update.
Arsenal at the moment are still offering €25M + one player.
Atlético are NOT going to sell Thomas for less than €50M (release clause).
...but Arsenal today told to Atléti they don’t want to pay the whole clause.
No agreement 🔴 #AFC #Arsenal @MatteMoretto

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:11 pm
Thomas Partey update.
Arsenal at the moment are still offering €25M + one player.
Atlético are NOT going to sell Thomas for less than €50M (release clause).
...but Arsenal today told to Atléti they don’t want to pay the whole clause.
No agreement 🔴 #AFC #Arsenal @MatteMoretto

The Arsenal are low balling you mean ?? No, surely not ??!!

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

When does the transfer window close?

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:36 pm

Not until we get rid of xhaka and mustafi 8)

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:25 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:36 pm

Not until we get rid of xhaka and mustafi 8)
2026 then.