ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:30 am
Coutinho rumours still rumbling on, tbh I’n not too keen on him, peaked at the victims a few seasons ago and has been on downward slope since.

That's handy ....... our club is in a similar trajectory :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:23 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:59 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:12 pm
Arsenal are willing to listen to offers for Rob Holding, Sokratis and Mustafi. They want to bring in another central defender. [@David_Ornstein]

https://t.co/hHsWrgvEhg

Ornstein also says we want to get rid of Guendouzi with player also wanting to leave. There are suggestions that we are willing to listen to offers for Torreira. Mikel Arteta also wants to bring in a wide player.
Ornstein sees the wall. Ornstein has some shit. Ornstein throws the shit at the wall. Ornstein throws some more shit at the wall. Some of the shit sticks to the wall. Ornstein knows. :roll:

For fucks sake mc at least put some fucking effort in buddy!!

:lol: :wink:
Effort, ffs Augie quotes the Sun :D
:lol: :lol:

True. Please accept my full apology. :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

goonersid wrote:
Coutinho rumours still rumbling on, tbh I’n not too keen on him, peaked at the victims a few seasons ago and has been on downward slope since.
He is only 28, think his problem since leaving the Victims is he hasn't been happy. I imagine he has something to offer, whether that is at Arsenal is another thing.

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:28 am
goonersid wrote:
He is only 28, think his problem since leaving the Victims is he hasn't been happy. I imagine he has something to offer, whether that is at Arsenal is another thing.

Barca played him on the wing in a front 3 and that was never gonna suit him

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:48 am
goonersid wrote:

:lol: :lol: .... but also :(

I’ve barely watched him since he left the scousers but he was a superb player in that number 10 position.

No idea what’s gone wrong with him but he’s 28 so I’d be delighted to bring him in.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

g88ner wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:04 am
augie wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:48 am
goonersid wrote:

:lol: :lol: .... but also :(

I’ve barely watched him since he left the scousers but he was a superb player in that number 10 position.

No idea what’s gone wrong with him but he’s 28 so I’d be delighted to bring him in.
I’d imagine it’s dependant on Ozil departing- but I share your admiration of Courtinho, he was a quality player for the scousers and not adverse to popping up with a 30yrd screamer.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Bournemouth have accepted a £41m bid for Nathan Ake from Manchester City.

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:47 am

A good deal for citeeh I would think

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:09 pm
Bradywasking wrote:

More worryingly it may mean John Stones is available.

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:05 pm
augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

This place would go into absolute meltdown if we signed stones :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wonder would it affect arteta's popularity and support around here ? :rubchin: :wink:

shu

Post by shu »

I have just seen that Ake has signed for citeh for 40 mill , that would have been a good signing. Teams like Bournemouth , Burnley , Sheffield Utd all probably have some half decent centre backs with plenty of experience in the Premier league. Mind you I remember when Phil Jaguelka turned us down when we were half decent to stay at Everton .

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Bradywasking wrote:
augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

:( :( Yeah, I was reading those rumours yesterday on the OG . Fucking frightening !

They reckon he might be a good fit for us because he's a "ball playing" centre half. Whenever I've seen him, I must have missed the ball playing part !

They also mentioned an Italian guy, Rugani, who apparently might not be a fit, because he's a more traditional defensive type and not a ball player. Not sure who wrote the article for the OG, but I couldn't help wondering if anyone had suggested to him that a proper defensive centre half has been exactly what we've been missing since Sol packed up !!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:09 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

This place would go into absolute meltdown if we signed stones :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wonder would it affect arteta's popularity and support around here ? :rubchin: :wink:
But augie it wouldn't be Arteta signing him would it.....? Apparently our managers are not involved in signings anymore...... :roll: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

shu wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:20 pm
I have just seen that Ake has signed for citeh for 40 mill , that would have been a good signing. Teams like Bournemouth , Burnley , Sheffield Utd all probably have some half decent centre backs with plenty of experience in the Premier league. Mind you I remember when Phil Jaguelka turned us down when we were half decent to stay at Everton .

I know I will be accused of Irish biase for saying this, but I would be quite happy to take shane duffy from brighton - he is that physically commanding centre half that we need, and he is commanding in the air both in his own teams penalty area, and in opposition penalty area for set pieces. People keep telling me that I need to alter my viewpoint of my club and what is realistic when looking at potential signings, but I'll bet I will be lambasted for this suggestion and be told that he isnt good enough for us - my dead grandmother would be better than mustafi and kolasniac so he would be a big upgrade on them and within our price range too

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:30 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:09 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

But augie it wouldn't be Arteta signing him would it.....? Apparently our managers are not involved in signings anymore...... :roll: :wink:

I believe that emery had a big input into the signings of guendouzi and luiz, but the rest of the signings were mislintat - I am thinking that way cos I reckon emery would have seen guendouzi play when emery was psg manager, and luiz played for emery at psg. Using that same logic I would bet my bollox that stones would be an arteta signing if he joined us - no way arteta signs off on signing stones if he see's him for the shit defender the rest of us do. Ironically enough I reckon stones is a younger version of luiz - a nice ball playing centre back, but is nowhere near good enough as a defender