Merged Spuds & Victims* thread (Put all your scum and Victims* stuff here)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who do you hate more?

Spuds
77%
Victims
23%

Total votes: 91

Herd

Re: Spuds or Victims*

Post by Herd »

One of thfcs top superfirm geezers stupidly went on fb to declare he wanted the rent boys to win and is currently getting slaughtered by is own. Its comedy gold watching them squabble.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Surely the vermin's financial model is going to come under stress more than most. The Beer Pump Stadium cost more than 3x what it did to build the bowl, and so much of the income stream was going to come from other events - concerts, American football etc - all of which are being postponed or might not happen at all. Now, they've got at least one year playing in the Europa League which we know doesn't generate any net income at all until the later stages.

Would be a crying shame :D

Herd

Post by Herd »

Unfortunately money is cheap to borrow for rich people right now but it's got to be hurting them.
I'm amazed that people are still talking sky high wages and transfer fees given the massive hit that clubs worldwide must be feeling but uk clubs can probably weather the storm better because of the TV dosh.
Those economies in football that rely on gates will suffer more and I can see some bargains appearing from Holland ,France etc.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

I was a young buck when Everton were the team to beat in the 80s.

Just wondering does any of the older members remember if their support acted in the same manner as their neighbours?

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Don't know what thread it was mentioned on :rubchin: but it was reckoned by someone that if wolves win the Europa the cockbadges won't be in europe?? Not true, if that were to happen wolves would go into the champs lge.Spuds will still need to go through 3 qualifiers in the europa 8) :barscarf: fuck um :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:50 pm

Just wondering does any of the older members remember if their support acted in the same manner as their neighbours?
Don't think they did, they played in the ECWC Final, in Rotherham I think, two weeks before Heysel. There were no reports of any significant trouble Many Evertonians just rejoiced in it being their time. Of course they had the opportunity to go to Europe against the biggest clubs taken from them by their neighbours. Didn't attend many games back in mid 80s so never experienced them.first hand

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:48 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Don't think they did, they played in the ECWC Final, in Rotherham I think, two weeks before Heysel. There were no reports of any significant trouble Many Evertonians just rejoiced in it being their time. Of course they had the opportunity to go to Europe against the biggest clubs taken from them by their neighbours. Didn't attend many games back in mid 80s so never experienced them.first hand
I remember being down at a game against them at the Emirates 2-2 it was,think it was the only game on in Britain that day with the shite weather.Anyhoo we were lucky as fuck cos we equalised in injury time.That night me and my mate bumped into a load of them in a pub and sat bevvying all night with them talking about how much bigger Everton were than the murdering filth pre shankly and how they had been denied tilts at the european cup post heysel cos of them.There seemed to be a mutual respect cos of our hate for those bastards.The love in on Merseyside is a myth,evertonians don't like them one bit.Anfield 89 was celebrated almost as wildly by evertonians as it was by us by the sounds of it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:36 pm
Herd wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:28 am
I have had this growing feeling that the last few months have all been a dream, and that Liverpool havent won the League but until now I couldn't put my finger on why...........until I realised !

Jimmy Tarbuck hasnt been on the telly talking on and on and on about it and how hes a staunch Liverpool fan despite living in Surrey for 60 years and going to Chelsea with his son .
He has been on the North West news and regional programs banging on about it and circulating a picture of him with John Lennon and Paul McCartney at the beach, on a school trip as they went to primary school together. So, it is business as usual for him. Thing is with Liverpudlians when they leave, they rarely return, but continually bang on about how great a city it is whilst not living here. Strangely, there are an increasing number of southerners moving up to the city, and not just for university. Let's just say there are moving up for the benefits of being in Liverpool. :wink:
:lol: :lol:

Top work Nos. 8)

Clash

Post by Clash »

Bradywasking wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Yes the contrast in the behaviour of fans at those 2 finals just a fortnight apart was the first thing I thought of when I read IW8's question.

However, while Everton fans are far more likeable the 1984 Milk cup final (the first all-Merseyside final at Wembley) both sets of fans seemed united in their self-pity. Booing the national anthem, chanting ''Merseyside, Merseyside'' throughout what was a really dull 0-0 draw ... and generally coming together as though it was all about a city making a stand against the rest of the nation.

This was repeated in the 1986 FA Cup final. The TV coverage that day of fans climbing into the ground without tickets was unbelievable. It was almost treated as a joke. Passionate football loving Scousers being a bit cheeky etc. A year after Heysel too - an event that would have destroyed the reputation of most other fans. Bunking in without paying is stealing ... but at the time the BBC had a sitcom called Bread that revelled in the benefit cheating that was going on up there. Still one of the worst sitcoms I've ever seen by the way.

And we all know what this ''laugh and let them carry on doing what they like'' attitude led to 3 years later at Hillsborough. This was soon followed by the 1989 FA Cup final (the 3rd all merseyside final in 5 seasons). In this ''fitting tribute'' to the 95 dead (later to become 96) we had pitch invasions during the game and at the end from both sets of fans. This was beyond disgraceful and has been disgracefully overlooked. The fences had been taken down because people had died and the whole city was supposed to be in mourning ... yet thousands took advantage of the lack of fencing to do exactly what caused fencing to be put up in the first place. Complete disrespect.

Although its probably no longer the case, I like to view Everton as the club with more pedigree than Liverpool (as Falkirk says) and have always had a soft spot for the Everton side of the mid-80s. I would also much prefer to have a few pints with their fans than the other lot too. But I wouldnt say they are as different to their neighbours maybe they like to think they are.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Bradywasking wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

I’m surprised that a major European final took place In Rotherham.............. :-P :shock: :D

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:47 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

I’m surprised that a major European final took place In Rotherham.............. :-P
It was before Brexit :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Has Herr Stupid Teeth commented on that Beruit explosion yet? Come on SlyNews what the fuck are we paying you for?! :censored:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Lovely photos on the Arsenal official App of Ray Parlour, Charlie George and Lee Dixon bringing the FA Cup to supporters homes etc..It is a nice touch gone unnoticed by the media..Herr Stupid Teeth would probably have a choreographed version of it with his media lackies from Sly Sport and BiTter Sport lauding the great character's every rehearsed move.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:01 am
Has Herr Stupid Teeth commented on that Beruit explosion yet? Come on SlyNews what the fuck are we paying you for?! :censored:
This statement just in from Herr Stupid Teeth " For sure I cried ".

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:09 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:01 am
This statement just in from Herr Stupid Teeth " For sure I cried ".
Apparently the scousers are blaming The Cockneys. :?