CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by StuartL »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:32 pm
Stu, you're fooling no-one, you used that method even before CoronaVirus came along :rubchin: :shock: :wink: :barscarf:
No flies on you Muzz :lol:

you can’t be too careful nowadays, always good practise to keep a healthy, nutritious, snack concealed about your person.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

The Illuminati, Bildeburg Group, our Lizard overlords, take your pick....... but if you want the truth follow the money, as with all 'tragedies' somebody somewhere is making a lot of money out of this :rubchin:

Isnt it funny how the Government is to blame for everything, not the professional bodies of organisations. Why do highly qualified Doctors, Teachers, Scientists, Businessmen, Engineers etc etc need to wait for the Government to tell them how to do what they are trained and experienced in doing under normal circumstances.

Exactly what does a Cabinet Minister know about infection control in a hospital or care home that a Doctor or Care Manager doesn't? Or how about production and logistic chains for PPE, or the international quality requirements for face masks and other protective equipment to make sure they meet regulations or how to organise social distancing in a classroom, surely Headteachers and Teachers should be able to work that out?

Simply put people died in this country because the people who normally want to be in charge and tell the Government not to interfere and tell them how to do their jobs ran and fucking hid, moral cowardice in its purest form but it's ok because we can blame the government when it goes wrong and they can carry the can.

The idiot Tories made one mistake in not isolating the country quick enough and it snowballed from there but the fucking cowards who waited to be told how to do their jobs cost many lives too but in the aftermath that will be ignored by the navel gazers :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

For the past few months I have taken the piss out of english and american government's handling of the co-vid pandemic, but fcuk me we (Ireland) are being run by a shambles of government right now. We have today announced that we are no longer allowing 200 people to attend sports events and they are now to take place behind closed doors, even though it has been medically proven that people are 19 times less likely to get infected at outdoor events :evil:
After today we are allowed have no more than 6 people to be indoors in our homes, but at the same time pubs down the road can over 10 times that number and be within the law :roll: These c.unts are absolutely clueless and it worries me where we are going forward

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

augie wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:40 pm
For the past few months I have taken the piss out of english and american government's handling of the co-vid pandemic, but fcuk me we (Ireland) are being run by a shambles of government right now. We have today announced that we are no longer allowing 200 people to attend sports events and they are now to take place behind closed doors, even though it has been medically proven that people are 19 times less likely to get infected at outdoor events :evil:
After today we are allowed have no more than 6 people to be indoors in our homes, but at the same time pubs down the road can over 10 times that number and be within the law :roll: These c.unts are absolutely clueless and it worries me where we are going forward
Absolute joke. Leo was a fucking joke but fella is worse.

There is one pub in the town my parents live in and it's packed to the tits every weekend. The guards are a fucking useless excuse of a law enforcement.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
It's probably as much the congregating in bars/restaurants around the grounds Augie which for larger sporting evens will create super spreading environments. One contagious person in a pub can easily spread it to 10 others in an hour.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:02 pm
The Illuminati, Bildeburg Group, our Lizard overlords, take your pick....... but if you want the truth follow the money, as with all 'tragedies' somebody somewhere is making a lot of money out of this :rubchin:

Isnt it funny how the Government is to blame for everything, not the professional bodies of organisations. Why do highly qualified Doctors, Teachers, Scientists, Businessmen, Engineers etc etc need to wait for the Government to tell them how to do what they are trained and experienced in doing under normal circumstances.

Exactly what does a Cabinet Minister know about infection control in a hospital or care home that a Doctor or Care Manager doesn't? Or how about production and logistic chains for PPE, or the international quality requirements for face masks and other protective equipment to make sure they meet regulations or how to organise social distancing in a classroom, surely Headteachers and Teachers should be able to work that out?

Simply put people died in this country because the people who normally want to be in charge and tell the Government not to interfere and tell them how to do their jobs ran and fucking hid, moral cowardice in its purest form but it's ok because we can blame the government when it goes wrong and they can carry the can.

The idiot Tories made one mistake in not isolating the country quick enough and it snowballed from there but the fucking cowards who waited to be told how to do their jobs cost many lives too but in the aftermath that will be ignored by the navel gazers :roll:
It is both the Politicians and the Scientists fault. The politicians for not acting quickly enough on the recommendations to lockdown earlier, and the Scientists for initially saying mask wearing does not reduce the risk of infection. There were experts outside of SAGE that where advocating mask wearing as early as March.

The big problem in this country is there is an anti mask wearing agenda especially on places like Twitter, it's all to do with Liberty over anything scientific.

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:46 pm
augie wrote:
It's probably as much the congregating in bars/restaurants around the grounds Augie which for larger sporting evens will create super spreading environments. One contagious person in a pub can easily spread it to 10 others in an hour.

It isnt that at all, and even if they felt it is the spin off the sporting events that is causing the trouble, then why not close the pubs and restaurants around the grounds then ? Our local sporting events had been allowed 200 people attend games and that includes players, managers, coaches, medical personnel, match officials and ground staff - in other words there are only about 40 supporters from each club allowed to attend so the risks were even smaller than tiny

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:50 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:02 pm

It is both the Politicians and the Scientists fault. The politicians for not acting quickly enough on the recommendations to lockdown earlier, and the Scientists for initially saying mask wearing does not reduce the risk of infection. There were experts outside of SAGE that where advocating mask wearing as early as March.

The big problem in this country is there is an anti mask wearing agenda especially on places like Twitter, it's all to do with Liberty over anything scientific.
the amusing thing is that people actually listen to the politicians.
I haven't been in a shop without a mask since mid March - it is just common sense.

same as the fact that I have been in pubs since july 4th but only in beer gardens.
bloody stupid to actually go inside one at the moment. same goes with restaurants.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

augie wrote:
I dont understand the rush to get fans back so quickly. Football has carried on without fans.We have actually won a trophy without fans.Every week we keep hearing that the FA wants some fans maybe 20% back in October. I would carry on behind closed doors until next spring.We are really playing with fire with the winter months coming. Better to be safe than sorry

augie

Post by augie »

Ernie71 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:52 am
augie wrote:
I dont understand the rush to get fans back so quickly. Football has carried on without fans.We have actually won a trophy without fans.Every week we keep hearing that the FA wants some fans maybe 20% back in October. I would carry on behind closed doors until next spring.We are really playing with fire with the winter months coming. Better to be safe than sorry

Ernie we are talking about crowds of less than 200 ffs - the max 200 includes both sets of players, managers and coaches and also includes match officials, so we are talking about a max of 60 per club :roll: It really is shocking especially for the parents - in two weeks time I will have a 2 hour drive (on a wednesday evening) to bring my son to an away game, and will have to sit in the car park for another two and a half hours waiting for the game to be over before facing another 2 hour drive home. Does that seem right to you ? We are talking about grassroots football and not professional football so we are talking about small numbers of family/friends, but we are still locked out. Load of bollix imo

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

augie wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:25 pm
Ernie71 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:52 am
augie wrote:

Ernie we are talking about crowds of less than 200 ffs - the max 200 includes both sets of players, managers and coaches and also includes match officials, so we are talking about a max of 60 per club :roll: It really is shocking especially for the parents - in two weeks time I will have a 2 hour drive (on a wednesday evening) to bring my son to an away game, and will have to sit in the car park for another two and a half hours waiting for the game to be over before facing another 2 hour drive home. Does that seem right to you ? We are talking about grassroots football and not professional football so we are talking about small numbers of family/friends, but we are still locked out. Load of bollix imo
Totally agree augie my point was about professional clubs trying to get crowds back into games for financial reasons.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
will have to sit in the car park for another two and a half hours waiting for the game to be over
2 and a half hours in a car park??? The Augster is back dogging again I see :shock:

:wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Ireland has lost it's second Minister for Agriculture in a month or so.. The most recent clown thought it ok to attend a Golf Society dinner.. He wasn't the only prominent politician there , also members of the Judiciary and an EU Commissioner..Laws and Government guidelines kicked to touch..No regard for hotel staff,

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:24 am
augie wrote:
will have to sit in the car park for another two and a half hours waiting for the game to be over
2 and a half hours in a car park??? The Augster is back dogging again I see :shock:

:wink:

Watching it is a poor substitute for doing it :cry: :cry: :cry:

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:31 am
Ireland has lost it's second Minister for Agriculture in a month or so.. The most recent clown thought it ok to attend a Golf Society dinner.. He wasn't the only prominent politician there , also members of the Judiciary and an EU Commissioner..Laws and Government guidelines kicked to touch..No regard for hotel staff,

The best part of all that is that their golf society dinner was just ONE DAY after the latest (ridiculous) restrictions were announced - the country (especially the sports community and the elderly) were up in arms over the restrictions, and then these fools have a party (let's face it that is what it was) which flies in the face of recent government instructions :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: