Pre-Season Friendlies

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonertux

Pre-Season Friendlies

Post by goonertux »

Just got a goal alert on my phone that Elneny(!) has put us 1-0 up at ****** Keynes. Must admit, I didn’t even know we were playing and that useless twat is back in the fold!
Next up the Victims.

goonertux

Re: Pre-Season Friendlies

Post by goonertux »

And why is ‘*********’ censored????
2-0 now, Nketiah.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonertux wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:13 pm
And why is ‘*******’ censored????
2-0 now, Nketiah.
Don't ask mate. There was an incident on here a few years back and we got shut down for a while. One of the things we had to agree before being let reopen was censoring a couple of names. Thusly I've edited your post.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:32 pm
goonertux wrote:
2-0 now, Nketiah.
Don't ask mate. There was an incident on here a few years back and we got shut down for a while. One of the things we had to agree before being let reopen was censoring a couple of names. Thusly I've edited your post.

Tell them the whole truth mr mod - as I recall (and correct me if I'm wrong), we are shutdown in the wrong after the whinging c.unt that lodged the complaint had actually mixed up her websites and it was another site that had offended her.

Am I right on that buddy ? :rubchin:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Looks like I’ve opened an old sore! Apologies.
Shall we move on?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:28 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:32 pm
goonertux wrote:
2-0 now, Nketiah.

Tell them the whole truth mr mod - as I recall (and correct me if I'm wrong), we are shutdown in the wrong after the whinging c.unt that lodged the complaint had actually mixed up her websites and it was another site that had offended her.

Am I right on that buddy ? :rubchin:
That's one version. Another version is a few people on here jokingly joked in a purely jokey way about killing that person and another site told her and she complained about this forum. We came very close to being shut down full time. Maybe best to let old (literally) sleeping dogs lie. :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonertux wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:33 pm
Looks like I’ve opened an old sore! Apologies.
Shall we move on?
Yes please. :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Comprehensive win, anything less than the quadruple this season and we fucking riot :barscarf:

Surprised to see AMN start all the same.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Elneny back and scoring. He’s like a new signing.

We asked for a new central midfielder and Arteta delivered 8)

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

The game was live on youtube. Only a friendly but Saliba was mustard.

Comfortable on the ball, strong in the tackle, accurate passing out from the back in tight spaces. Too early to proclaim he will solve our defensive issues but he is a definite upgrade on what we have.

Mark McGuiness also one for the future, scored a cracking header.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Anyone know anything about the QPR match we played the other day?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Apparantly, we played Villa at home and lost 3-2. Haven't seen anything else about it. Not too concerned. Last time Villa beat us 3-2 at home was 3rd September 1988. A game i remember well, as I do the last game we played that season.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:13 pm
Apparantly, we played Villa at home and lost 3-2. Haven't seen anything else about it. Not too concerned. Last time Villa beat us 3-2 at home was 3rd September 1988. A game i remember well, as I do the last game we played that season.
Auba scored both, Ozil played some part apparently.

We also lost to Brentford a few weeks ago, but beat Chelsea in the cup final and Liverpoo LLL in the charity shield.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nos89 wrote:
I remember being at that game too - a sunny day at Highbury. Was the day I saw Tony Daley absolutely tear us a new one and thought he'd go on and be something special. Turned out he was an absolute headless chicken, albeit one who could run like the wind. Things turned out ok that season too! I hated Villa and their mongie fans even then and still do. "Ave you won the European Cup?"- no, and we haven't won the Championship either!

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:13 am
Nos89 wrote:
I remember being at that game too - a sunny day at Highbury. Was the day I saw Tony Daley absolutely tear us a new one and thought he'd go on and be something special. Turned out he was an absolute headless chicken, albeit one who could run like the wind. Things turned out ok that season too! I hated Villa and their mongie fans even then and still do. "Ave you won the European Cup?"- no, and we haven't won the Championship either!
I remember the ref forgot who was supposed to kick off in the second half, and McInally scoring a goal so offside even VAR would've picked it up. First game of my first full season as a proper match attending supporter and we ended up winnning the league. First season as a season ticket holder was the Invincible season. I guess I need to be a platinum season ticket holder for us to win the champions league :D :D :barscarf: :barscarf: