Merged Spuds & Victims* thread (Put all your scum and Victims* stuff here)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who do you hate more?

Spuds
77%
Victims
23%

Total votes: 91

Clash

Re: Spuds or Victims*

Post by Clash »

Mentioning Bono reminds me of the similarity I noticed a while ago between U2’s albums and Wenger’s seasons as manager of Arsenal. Not sure if anyone will agree but here goes :oops:

Boy was a great debut album - Wenger’s first full season was the glorious 97/98 double.

U2’s second and third albums (October and War) were very good too but never quite lived up to the first one - Arsenal between 1999 & 2001 had some very good moments that were almost great but not quite.

Then came the best of the lot. The Unforgettable Fire in 1984 was U2 at their peak and for me this superb album is their best work - the 2001/02 season is Wenger’s best ever season and my definite favourite of his era.

Both of these are often overlooked though because of what came next.

While most will probably say U2’s best album is The Joshua Tree, I think this is also what elevated them to a status that eventually made them grotesque (Bono in particular) - it is also what the unbeaten 03/04 season did to Wenger. His ego was already massive but this made it deformed too. I loved the Joshua Tree album at the time and I will always love our Invincibles … but there is no doubt in my mind that they both created monsters.

Anyway some half decent stuff still followed with Rattle & Hum, then Achtung Baby - while Wenger still managed the impressive 04/05 season, reached the 2006 CL final and looked like he was building another good side in 2008. But while the self-importance was growing the standards were falling.

U2 should have quit the big stage in the 90s and Wenger should have left Arsenal in 2009. Instead Wenger and Bono suffered delusions of grandeur which turned into a messiah complex. They became a pair of greedy, pretentious and preachy hypocrites. In hindsight they were probably always a couple of egotistical pricks but you don’t notice that until they have nothing more to offer.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:34 pm
Herr Stupid Teeth has had his say on Messi and the sports boycotts in America in support of Black Lives Matter..He endorses Messi coming to the Premier League and also supports the American sports people in their protest...What a boost for them.to have Football Bono on their side.
:coffeespit: :lol: :lol:

Quality work BWK. 8)

Hmmm let me think.... :rubchin:

Herr Stupid Teeth
Trampy Shipman
Football Bono

I am fucking spoiled for choice now! Fucking spoiled I tells ya! :lol: 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:02 pm
Mentioning Bono reminds me of the similarity I noticed a while ago between U2’s albums and Wenger’s seasons as manager of Arsenal. Not sure if anyone will agree but here goes :oops:

Boy was a great debut album - Wenger’s first full season was the glorious 97/98 double.

U2’s second and third albums (October and War) were very good too but never quite lived up to the first one - Arsenal between 1999 & 2001 had some very good moments that were almost great but not quite.

Then came the best of the lot. The Unforgettable Fire in 1984 was U2 at their peak and for me this superb album is their best work - the 2001/02 season is Wenger’s best ever season and my definite favourite of his era.

Both of these are often overlooked though because of what came next.

While most will probably say U2’s best album is The Joshua Tree, I think this is also what elevated them to a status that eventually made them grotesque (Bono in particular) - it is also what the unbeaten 03/04 season did to Wenger. His ego was already massive but this made it deformed too. I loved the Joshua Tree album at the time and I will always love our Invincibles … but there is no doubt in my mind that they both created monsters.

Anyway some half decent stuff still followed with Rattle & Hum, then Achtung Baby - while Wenger still managed the impressive 04/05 season, reached the 2006 CL final and looked like he was building another good side in 2008. But while the self-importance was growing the standards were falling.

U2 should have quit the big stage in the 90s and Wenger should have left Arsenal in 2009. Instead Wenger and Bono suffered delusions of grandeur which turned into a messiah complex. They became a pair of greedy, pretentious and preachy hypocrites. In hindsight they were probably always a couple of egotistical pricks but you don’t notice that until they have nothing more to offer.
That is actually quite brilliant mate. :lol: And not far off either! :wink:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Amazon have done another footy doc this time with the scum.

Should be interesting seeing how a shit team wins nothing and still thinks they are a big club.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:47 pm

Should be interesting seeing how a shit team wins nothing and still thinks they are a big club.
Apparently there is a hilarious scene where Moron-hio takes Fat Tongue into his office and shit talks him into staying at the scum. Talks about making him a movie star or some silly shit. And then Fat Tongue walks out and just goes and licks the nearest window! Honestly! Just starts licking the fucking window! :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I might have made some of that up. :D :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

😬 "I love Arsenal forever and ever and ever"

Tottenham signing Matt Doherty has deleted his old tweets declaring his love for Spurs' north London rivals https://t.co/5g66vQs2N4

John F

Post by John F »

Why is it when other teams win the league there is only a small mention on the news maybe for a couple of days and a feature on Motd but when the Mickeys win it we are subjected to endless reminders and TV specials.BBC 2 are devoting 90 mins tonight on their 30 year wait. :banghead: As for Doherty ,no true Gooner would be seen dead in a swamp dweller shirt.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

John F wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:57 pm
Why is it when other teams win the league there is only a small mention on the news maybe for a couple of days and a feature on Motd but when the Mickeys win it we are subjected to endless reminders and TV specials.BBC 2 are devoting 90 mins tonight on their 30 year wait. :banghead: As for Doherty ,no true Gooner would be seen dead in a swamp dweller shirt.
Yes , even the fairytale of Leicester City didn't get this adulation

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

John F wrote:
The bit in red = Because the world is full of cùnts.

Agreed on Doherty. I know actual professional fooblers don't view clubs the way we mere mortals do but fuck that if I'd made it in the game and had been offered a slot with the scum I'd have told them to fuck off. Yep I am that childish but fuck them. :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:59 pm
John F wrote:
Yes , even the fairytale of Leicester City didn't get this adulation
And Leicester fans haven't even murdered anyone! Maybe if they had done then they would have been hailed as much as the victims*..... or maybe if they mugged their fellow fans for tickets..... or if they had a "legendary" ex player that had a penchant for spitting at children..... the list of cuntiness is endless. :censored:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:47 pm

If the documentary wins any awards it'll be the first thing they've won in over 12 years when they somehow managed to scrape a win over the chavs for the momentus(Not) carling cup and that bitch Robbie - I can't do a forward roll properly - cried in front of the nation. AND they'll have to make a DVD of the making of the documentary for their desperate scumbag, swamp dwelling fans to want over

They'll call it the equivalent of an oscar. Of course they would then need to have a trophy cabinet built (well more like small wooden box really).

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

William Saliba has not kicked a football competitively for Arsenal FC , yet he has won more medals as an Arsenal player as anyone and everyone who has worn the Tottenham Hotspur shirt since early March 2008.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Football Bono (LOVE that name!) has thankfully gifted us with his thoughts on the PL reverting back to 3 subs so the big rich clubs with huge quality-laden squads don't get an unfair advantage over the smaller clubs.

As you can guess he don't like it because he is a cùnt. :censored:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

So 1 game into the new season and already we have the scouse loving media debating if their shambolic VAR influenced game yesterday was the greatest opener ever? :roll:
Aparently Klunt mouthed wow on the final whistle :roll:
I really can’t wait for it to go pear shaped for these fucking bastards and that attention seeking german c u n t