Carabao Cup 3rd round

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Carabao Cup 3rd round

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal to face Leicester away in 3rd round of Carabao Cup.

falkirk goon

Re: Carabao Cup 3rd round

Post by falkirk goon »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:08 pm
Arsenal to face Leicester away in 3rd round of Carabao Cup.
This isn't a good draw :( good chance of a ringholing and an early exit from 1 of the 3 trophies we can win.Shite draw.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

I assume this is some time in October, which already looks like a nightmare month

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Not the most favourable draw imaginable but remember that Leicester will also be in the Europa League and facing a fixture pile up. Their collapse at the end of last season under the world's greatest manager ("Arsenal should do whatever it takes to give him a 5 year contract" - Paul Merson) was one that would have made Wenger blush and one of the highlights of the season. They whined like little bitches having Maddison out injured and it exposed their wafer thin squad - don't see them as a threat this season and we have a reasonable chance of doing them in this. I hope we do because not only is it a cup we can win, but a run of games for the younger lads who normally get half a dozen runouts in the Europa too

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Pointless trophy the sooner we are out of the better.

In a shortened season I would have rather this had been scrapped than doing away with FA Cup replays.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:19 am
Not the most favourable draw imaginable but remember that Leicester will also be in the Europa League and facing a fixture pile up. Their collapse at the end of last season under the world's greatest manager ("Arsenal should do whatever it takes to give him a 5 year contract" - Paul Merson) was one that would have made Wenger blush and one of the highlights of the season. They whined like little bitches having Maddison out injured and it exposed their wafer thin squad - don't see them as a threat this season and we have a reasonable chance of doing them in this. I hope we do because not only is it a cup we can win, but a run of games for the younger lads who normally get half a dozen runouts in the Europa too
Agreed. I'd also say play the kids exclusively in this as we are going to see a lot of soft tissue injuries this season with so many games compounding the limited rest and preseason the players have had.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

#Arsenal will be away to Lincoln City or Liverpool if they beat Leicester. #CarabaoCup https://t.co/7xtavXENoJ

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:18 pm
#Arsenal will be away to Lincoln City or Liverpool if they beat Leicester. #CarabaoCup https://t.co/7xtavXENoJ
Ffs

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Seem to play those bin dipping c.unts every year in this competition :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

We have no fear of the victims. Bring it on. 8)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Great news. - I like it we get the chance to beat this lot every month at the moment :D