CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:24 pm
Have to be honest and admit that I have now done a u turn on this whole saga - for months now over here the health experts have been telling us that for the majority the co-vid is no more than a bad flu, and now I think the numbers are bearing this out. In the last few weeks the numbers of new cases have shot upwards at an alarming rate, but yet in the same time frame we are suffering hardly any deaths (on vast majority of days we have zero deaths, and on other days we might have one death), so why is our country on verge of meltdown over here with the media and fanatical c.unts calling for lockdowns ?? It seems, judging by scenario's all over the world, that this cuntin disease is going nowhere until a cure or vaccine is created (fcuk knows how long that will take :roll: ), so do we not now need to accept that we will have high numbers of new cases and stop reporting them every single fcuking day unless those numbers turn into deaths ? At what stage do we just say that we are doing all we can and can do no more, so just keep the social distancing and sanatising and cleaning protocols, but resume other parts of life as they used to be (with the exception of capacity numbers for pubs resturaunts, nightclubs etc) ?

I am beyond fcuked off now and pissed off that I see no end in sight for this co-vid
Reported infections today equals deaths in 4 weeks time or so. It is therefore very important to know what the level of infection is in the community. Not only that, 3000 reported UK infections in one day at the end of the summer doesn't bode well for exponential growth when it gets colder in a few months time.

In the UK we have a COVID symptom tracker app run by UCL which has 3 million people reporting if they are either well or showing symptoms of covid from their mobiles. Based on this the scientists are quite accurately able to predict the total level of infections across the country as well as in local areas.

We have to get on with our lives and its knowing how prevalent the infection is in our area allows us to make decisions on whether to go to certain settings eg a supermarket. Well those of us that follow the science side of things that is.

https://covid.joinzoe.com/

Herd

Post by Herd »

g88ner wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:32 am
Herd wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:44 pm
The more this has gone on the more ridiculous it gets , I wear a mask on buses and avoid the tube as much as possible but that's my choice I can claim im exempt as i have asthma but i don't want to .
No fucker is distancing and the hooorays of Hampstead see not wearing them as a badge of honour ,as for pubs the stricter ones who make u sit in designated seats with no moving around have been left with no customers whilst more liberal regimes are doing well !
At the end of the day the lockdown has destroyed peoples income and lives and many more thousands will have died because they didn't get the treatments they needed .
Family and friends of the tories have made millions and the old people in care have been killed off so its been a great success for Boris and chums,treble artisan gin and tonics all round boys !#
I’m sure it doesn’t surprise you herd, but mask wearing and social distancing is impeccably observed (and enforced :lol: ) here in Singapore.

None of this mask exemption bullshit either. Wear a mask or stay home. :barscarf:
No not at all Singapore is great and i miss living there a lot they had an app in place which we could have used from day 1 but Boris preferred to use Dominic's sisters swiss company and they still haven't got it right. where do u live there ?

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Herd wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:07 pm
g88ner wrote:
Herd wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:44 pm
The more this has gone on the more ridiculous it gets , I wear a mask on buses and avoid the tube as much as possible but that's my choice I can claim im exempt as i have asthma but i don't want to .
No fucker is distancing and the hooorays of Hampstead see not wearing them as a badge of honour ,as for pubs the stricter ones who make u sit in designated seats with no moving around have been left with no customers whilst more liberal regimes are doing well !
At the end of the day the lockdown has destroyed peoples income and lives and many more thousands will have died because they didn't get the treatments they needed .
Family and friends of the tories have made millions and the old people in care have been killed off so its been a great success for Boris and chums,treble artisan gin and tonics all round boys !#
I’m sure it doesn’t surprise you herd, but mask wearing and social distancing is impeccably observed (and enforced :lol: ) here in Singapore.

None of this mask exemption bullshit either. Wear a mask or stay home. :barscarf:
No not at all Singapore is great and i miss living there a lot they had an app in place which we could have used from day 1 but Boris preferred to use Dominic's sisters swiss company and they still haven't got it right. where do u live there ?
Love Singapore. Is there anything better than a cold bottle of tiger beer and a chilli crab on a warm day.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Herd wrote:
g88ner wrote:

I’ve been here 2 yrs, having previously worked in Derby for 10 years. When the company was paying for my accommodation I was staying in City Hall then I moved up to Yishun in the north of Singapore a few months ago for a change of scenery and be closer to work. My condo has a huge 50m pool with palm trees around it and view over Seletar Golf course so it’s definitely different to living in the city.

Hot and humid suits me fine, so I’m very settled here.... or as settled as you can be when you work in aerospace and no fucker is flying anymore :cussing: :lol: Where did you live? I’ll guess at Tiong Bahru?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:32 am
Herd wrote:
g88ner wrote:

I’ve been here 2 yrs, having previously worked in Derby for 10 years. When the company was paying for my accommodation I was staying in City Hall then I moved up to Yishun in the north of Singapore a few months ago for a change of scenery and be closer to work. My condo has a huge 50m pool with palm trees around it and view over Seletar Golf course so it’s definitely different to living in the city.

Hot and humid suits me fine, so I’m very settled here.... or as settled as you can be when you work in aerospace and no fucker is flying anymore :cussing: :lol: Where did you live? I’ll guess at Tiong Bahru?
For some reason all I can hear is Alan Partridge saying "tell me about the ladyboys". :lol: :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:06 am
g88ner wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:32 am
Herd wrote:
g88ner wrote:

For some reason all I can hear is Alan Partridge saying "tell me about the ladyboys". :lol: :wink:
Yishuns ooop north lived in a few places over 10 years ,when i worked off orchard rd i lived in sommerville park off holland rd ,which had a huge pool then worked in cbd and lived in water place , tanjung rhu a short walk to the stadiums . Have u been to the afc supporters club ? not sure where they are now but u can ask em about the english geezer who started it . I had a mate who lived in the old raf bungalows on seletar air base it was great but too far from the city for me . As an expat I would drink in the psuedo paddy pubs !

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Herd wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:40 pm
Yishuns ooop north lived in a few places over 10 years ,when i worked off orchard rd i lived in sommerville park off holland rd ,which had a huge pool then worked in cbd and lived in water place , tanjung rhu a short walk to the stadiums . Have u been to the afc supporters club ? not sure where they are now but u can ask em about the english geezer who started it . I had a mate who lived in the old raf bungalows on seletar air base it was great but too far from the city for me . As an expat I would drink in the psuedo paddy pubs !
I'm a northerner so maybe that's why I feel more at home oop north even in Singapore :lol:

Yeah, before the bastard lockdown, I'd watched quite a few games with the Singapore Arsenal supporters club. No idea where they used to meet up, but their resident pub these days is the Five Oriental bar on Collyer Quay (near Fullerton Hotel and HSBC). Pretty good in there with Arsenal shirts, photos and scarves on the walls. 8)

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Classic Partridge that :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Every year in the UK there are 2–9 deaths due to anaphylaxis from bee or wasp stings. Wasp stings in the UK cause twice as many deaths due to anaphylaxis as bee stings.
2020 is all about ''saving lives'' so I would like the above figures to be taken into account and ask when Beekeeping attire is going to be made mandatory for everyone to wear when out and about in public.

When writing to your MPs about this, do not forget to mention that they can serve the duel purpose of not spreading the flu - oops sorry I mean COVID-19 - flu doesn't exist anymore! :roll:

Tackling this bee/wasp issue full-on will ease the burden on the overrun NHS heroes. They've got enough on their plate as it is. All those cancer treatment appointments don't just cancel themselves you know! Its been an administrative nightmare for all involved.

Anyway we've probably all heard the dreaded bell and ''bring out yer dead'' call as the NHS carts (see above) rumble down our streets on a weekly basis taking the Coronavirus victims away. Well it's time to end this suffering and SAVE LIVES! All lives ... although as we now know, some lives matter more than others!

Snake bites, jellyfish stings, nut allergies, people slipping in the shower and lightning strikes can be dealt with next. I even know of someone who died from falling out of the big wheel at a funfair so no more of that kind of madness please!

Nobody must die anymore! Well unless you're one of the tens of thousands of victims who have died or will die from the cosequences of the lockdown - in which case you do not count as this is not a convenient part of the narrative 8)

Clash

Post by Clash »

augie wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:24 pm
Have to be honest and admit that I have now done a u turn on this whole saga - for months now over here the health experts have been telling us that for the majority the co-vid is no more than a bad flu, and now I think the numbers are bearing this out. In the last few weeks the numbers of new cases have shot upwards at an alarming rate, but yet in the same time frame we are suffering hardly any deaths (on vast majority of days we have zero deaths, and on other days we might have one death), so why is our country on verge of meltdown over here with the media and fanatical c.unts calling for lockdowns ?? It seems, judging by scenario's all over the world, that this cuntin disease is going nowhere until a cure or vaccine is created (fcuk knows how long that will take :roll: ), so do we not now need to accept that we will have high numbers of new cases and stop reporting them every single fcuking day unless those numbers turn into deaths ? At what stage do we just say that we are doing all we can and can do no more, so just keep the social distancing and sanatising and cleaning protocols, but resume other parts of life as they used to be (with the exception of capacity numbers for pubs resturaunts, nightclubs etc) ?

I am beyond fcuked off now and pissed off that I see no end in sight for this co-vid
Thats a great post Augie.
g88ner wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:40 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

Classic Partridge that :barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

So, as our dictators indicate we will be facing some form of lockdown, I ask again why ?
To protect us all from a “disease” that on it’s first “wave” wiped out 0.07% of the population, most of those in hospices and care homes?
The NHS workers “love in” being used as a unifying “in it together” tool to discourage any questioning of this shite!!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:35 pm
So, as our dictators indicate we will be facing some form of lockdown, I ask again why ?
To protect us all from a “disease” that on it’s first “wave” wiped out 0.07% of the population, most of those in hospices and care homes?
The NHS workers “love in” being used as a unifying “in it together” tool to discourage any questioning of this shite!!
Blimey what planet are you on ?

March was only 6 months ago.
You saw what happened there - this virus explodes really quickly, it is called exponential growth.
The reality is we should already be locked down, because cases are going up really quick again.

Yes it wasn’t too bad first time around in the UK - only 40,000 or so died.
But this second wave will clash with the flu season and could be worse, much worse.

Warning from Spain - last 3 days there over 500 dead, that’s coming here within a couple of weeks.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:39 pm
goonersid wrote:

You saw what happened there - this virus explodes really quickly, it is called exponential growth.
The reality is we should already be locked down, because cases are going up really quick again.

But this second wave will clash with the flu season and could be worse, much worse.

Warning from Spain - last 3 days there over 500 dead, that’s coming here within a couple of weeks.
I’m on planet earth, where 40000 thousand mostly “nearly already dead” died of covid!
500 in spain?
Yet again, care homes and infirm!
Fact 0.07% of the population likely to actually die!
Breast cancer, prostate cancer, road deaths?
Come on !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:48 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
goonersid wrote:

I’m on planet earth, where 40000 thousand mostly “nearly already dead” died of covid!
500 in spain?
Come on !
Problem is that’s not true - yes mostly elderly do die from it, but it affects younger people too.
There are plenty of 40 and 50 year olds currently on ventilators with this at the moment. And even if you don’t die the long term effects are now becoming clear, many younger people are struggling to recover properly several months on.

The point is if I go in a pub tomorrow I’m unlikely to suddenly get cancer, but there is a real chance I could get this.
That is the issue here.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:02 pm
goonersid wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:48 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
goonersid wrote:

500 in spain?
Come on !
Problem is that’s not true - yes mostly elderly do die from it, but it affects younger people too.
There are plenty of 40 and 50 year olds currently on ventilators with this at the moment. And even if you don’t die the long term effects are now becoming clear, many younger people are struggling to recover properly several months on.

The point is if I go in a pub tomorrow I’m unlikely to suddenly get cancer, but there is a real chance I could get this.
That is the issue here.
No Rob. The difference is you can , if you feel threatened by this “pandemic” you can do loads if things to protect yourself!
Stay indoors!
Don’t mix!
Isolate!
Create a bubble??
You cant wirh cancer etc!
Why shouls 59.997 million people go into shutdown?