Fulham Fartpipes A Prem lge Sat 12th Sept KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
John F

Re: Fulham Fartpipes A Prem lge Sat 12th Sept KO 1230

Post by John F »

Interesting what Elneny said " in the past Arsenal always liked to play football but didnt care enough about giving 100%, now every one does including the kit man".A lot of peoples suspicion that the club was being run like a holiday camp was proved correct with that statement.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:08 pm
Midz wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:49 pm
Good win on the first day of the season. Auba's goal with Willian's assist was awesome!!
Well done to Gabriel on his debut too.
Gabriel joins a list of Arsenal players who scored on their Premier League debut..Adebayor, Nasri, Lacazette, Vermaelen, Aubameyang...any more?
Cedric and Ljungberg

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

John F wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:06 am
Interesting what Elneny said " in the past Arsenal always liked to play football but didnt care enough about giving 100%, now every one does including the kit man".A lot of peoples suspicion that the club was being run like a holiday camp was proved correct with that statement.
Yet they were all happy to be part of the holiday camp, take the money and enjoy the ride..For this new found rehabilitation to be complete one player, past or present, must do more than identify the reason for the malaise, they must identify the cause. Then all those well paid experts in print and broadcast media might actually regret calling the fans fools and telling them to be careful what they wished for.

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:22 am
John F wrote:
Yet they were all happy to be part of the holiday camp, take the money and enjoy the ride..For this new found rehabilitation to be complete one player, past or present, must do more than identify the reason for the malaise, they must identify the cause. Then all those well paid experts in print and broadcast media might actually regret calling the fans fools and telling them to be careful what they wished for.

The media and many fans are commending arteta for gaining more power over the summer (and rightly so) and a journo a few mins ago on ssn said that he now has the level of power that emery did - why then do those same fans and media pin the blame on our situation last season on emery when they are acknowledging that emery had fcuk all power ?? :?
I'm still not convinced about arteta but I absolutely 100% applaud him for the way he has fought for more control as manager in a way that emery should have done

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:54 am
Bradywasking wrote:
John F wrote:

The media and many fans are commending arteta for gaining more power over the summer (and rightly so) and a journo a few mins ago on ssn said that he now has the level of power that emery did - why then do those same fans and media pin the blame on our situation last season on emery when they are acknowledging that emery had fcuk all power ?? :?
I'm still not convinced about arteta but I absolutely 100% applaud him for the way he has fought for more control as manager in a way that emery should have done
Just to clarify Augie, I am not blaming Emery, I blame his predecessor and the Kronkes for the ten years before Emery. I liked Emery, in hindsight he wasn't the man for the job but when you read Elneny's comments you realise what Emery had to deal with.

John F

Post by John F »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:13 am
augie wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:54 am
Bradywasking wrote:
John F wrote:

Just to clarify Augie, I am not blaming Emery, I blame his predecessor and the Kronkes for the ten years before Emery. I liked Emery, in hindsight he wasn't the man for the job but when you read Elneny's comments you realise what Emery had to deal with.
I would imagine he was on about the Wenger period and probably witnessed Dick trying to sort out the culture of the club before going on loan.How Arteta would of coped inheriting that mess no one knows but he probably is thankful that Dick was the buffer between him and Wenger.