ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Herd wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:55 am
We sold Marinez because we need to raise money to fund any more transfers ,and he left because I'm sure he's getting a lot more money himself ,,at this point almost anyone is for sale given the right amount of dosh but we haven't been overwhelmed by people trying to buythe less gifted in our squad.
Stop being so PC and just call them useless *word censored* :D

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Why didn't we go for Thiago Alcantara.

27 million ffs

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

#afc Per reports in Germany, am told interest from Bayer Leverkusen in Kolasinac is genuine.

Player previously been keen to fight for place at Arsenal, but intrigued to see if this may change things.

Story with @JackRosser_ on @standardsport

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:36 am
#afc Per reports in Germany, am told interest from Bayer Leverkusen in Kolasinac is genuine.

Player previously been keen to fight for place at Arsenal, but intrigued to see if this may change things.

Keen to fight for his place :rubchin: Fair play to Kolasinac he is definitely a fighter and useful in a scrap but much less use on the park. Please go.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:40 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Keen to fight for his place :rubchin: Fair play to Kolasinac he is definitely a fighter and useful in a scrap but much less use on the park. Please go.
I concur Jock,he is as useless a player as I can remember :oops: utter utter shite he is the tubby fucker..he would be a good one to get off the wage bill (and hopefully his wee bug eyed Turkish German lazy wee bastrich pal)

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:43 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

I concur Jock,he is as useless a player as I can remember :oops: utter utter shite he is the tubby fucker..he would be a good one to get off the wage bill (and hopefully his wee bug eyed Turkish German lazy wee bastrich pal)

You remain an optimist then mate :lol: It will take a minor miracle to get that waste of space off the books. He'll quietly pocket his £350k a week until June next year and then his agent will sort him out a nice big signing on bonus at his next club :x

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:51 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

You remain an optimist then mate :lol: It will take a minor miracle to get that waste of space off the books. He'll quietly pocket his £350k a week until June next year and then his agent will sort him out a nice big signing on bonus at his next club :x

Doubtful Jock - you gotta remember that (unless arteta backs down) it will be almost 18 months without a competitive game for ozil when the 2021/2022 season kicks off, and I dont think too many medium size clubs will want him much less big clubs. If I was a decision maker at a big club, I would never agree to commit a big wedge to a guy that was sitting on his arse for past 18 months, plus the fact that he was happy to sit on his arse for the money would be a major, major red flag for me cos it suggests a guy that only cares about money

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:26 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:51 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Doubtful Jock - you gotta remember that (unless arteta backs down) it will be almost 18 months without a competitive game for ozil when the 2021/2022 season kicks off, and I dont think too many medium size clubs will want him much less big clubs. If I was a decision maker at a big club, I would never agree to commit a big wedge to a guy that was sitting on his arse for past 18 months, plus the fact that he was happy to sit on his arse for the money would be a major, major red flag for me cos it suggests a guy that only cares about money

Perspective Augie. It won't necessarily bring a huge smile to Ozil's face but it will still be a sum big enough to make our eyes water. There's always a club stupid and desperate enough to walk into the trap. See the spuds are bringing monkey boy back :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @SamJDean, Brentford would be more open to selling Raya if they can loan him back for the season. Such a move would be complicated for Arsenal who prefer to sign him immediately & integrate him into the squad. Macey has one year left on his contract & wants to leave. https://t.co/xXIZeIs7QK

Exclusive: Brentford have rejected a bid of around £10m from Arsenal for goalkeeper David Raya. #AFC are still keen on signing Raya despite the imminent arrival of Rúnarsson. #BrentfordFC will only consider selling if Raya is loaned back for the season.

https://t.co/gpkTqo9EYG
Last edited by mcdowell42 on Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Telegraph say Lucas Torreira is expected to leave in the coming days with #Arsenal set to invest the proceeds of the sale into a new midfielder, with Aouar an ambitious but hugely exciting target. https://t.co/67lQHXmsrV

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @tuttosport, Roma have joined the race to sign Lucas Torreira. Arsenal aren't convinced by Torino's offer to initially loan him. https://t.co/emapkbY2pj

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @Podcast_TBG, #Arsenal have agreed personal terms with David Raya. £40k per week on a 5 year deal. He has made it clear to Tomas Frank that he wants to leave the club. Fee still yet to be agreed. Brentford willing to do business at around £15m with a loan back. https://t.co/Q9EzbyMLPP

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Guardian understands Arteta would prioritise a move for Aouar over Partey if given a straight choice between the two players. #Arsenal https://t.co/1FYAxFeKic

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:49 pm
According to @Podcast_TBG, #Arsenal have agreed personal terms with David Raya. £40k per week on a 5 year deal. He has made it clear to Tomas Frank that he wants to leave the club. Fee still yet to be agreed. Brentford willing to do business at around £15m with a loan back. https://t.co/Q9EzbyMLPP

I cannot see any upside for AFC to buy this lad - if we didnt sell martinez to raise funds for a midfielder, then what did we sell him for ? If we did sell him to raise funds, then why would we use most of the fee to buy another keeper ?

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:07 pm
The Guardian understands Arteta would prioritise a move for Aouar over Partey if given a straight choice between the two players. #Arsenal https://t.co/1FYAxFeKic

There is no doubt that Aouar is miles better as a footballer than partey, but on the flipside Aouar is not a defensive midfielder and the CDM position has to be a priority imo