ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wibble

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by wibble »

Up in the official site that we’ve completed the signing of the Icelandic keeper, Runarrson.

My only surprise is that hostgator hasn’t made an appearance on here as thousands flock to discuss our new signing.

Still, all the best, hope he’s a good back up for Leno. Would be nice if he can get a run out in the league cup this week, assuming that he’s signed on time

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:58 pm
For what it's worth I think ye are all being slightly harsh on zaha - for starters he is a winger not a centre forward so the 20 goals a season point is moot. Secondly, the £80m price tag thing last summer was to deter clubs from making a bid cos they werent ready to sell him and I understand that - it seems that this year that asking price has dropped significantly, and I suspect that an agreement was reached with zaha last september that they would drop their asking price this summer. Also is zaha at £80m a better deal than pepe at £72m ? Without a fcuking doubt.
Is zaha worth £80m ? Absolutely not but he is worth £40m-£50m imo, and the only reason I wouldnt sign him for The Arsenal is that he would get in the way of the development of saka and martinelli, but I would play him ahead of probably every other winger (auba is a striker so doesnt count) and that includes willian
The only problem with that argument augster old chap is it is bollocks. :lol: :wink:

Boomerang has realistically never played as a striker for us. In modern football parlance both Zaha and Boomerang are "forwards" meaning they play nominally as strikers but mostly from wide positions. The difference is one is world class (the one you wanted to sell btw :wink: ) and one is utter shit. One can hit 20+ PL goals (yep the one you wanted to sell :wink: ) and one can't and never will.

Harsh on Zaha? We were being fucking generous on the mule ffs. :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:21 am
augie wrote:
For what it's worth I think ye are all being slightly harsh on zaha - for starters he is a winger not a centre forward so the 20 goals a season point is moot. Secondly, the £80m price tag thing last summer was to deter clubs from making a bid cos they werent ready to sell him and I understand that - it seems that this year that asking price has dropped significantly, and I suspect that an agreement was reached with zaha last september that they would drop their asking price this summer. Also is zaha at £80m a better deal than pepe at £72m ? Without a fcuking doubt.
Is zaha worth £80m ? Absolutely not but he is worth £40m-£50m imo, and the only reason I wouldnt sign him for The Arsenal is that he would get in the way of the development of saka and martinelli, but I would play him ahead of probably every other winger (auba is a striker so doesnt count) and that includes willian
The only problem with that argument augster old chap is it is bollocks. :lol: :wink:

Boomerang has realistically never played as a striker for us. In modern football parlance both Zaha and Boomerang are "forwards" meaning they play nominally as strikers but mostly from wide positions. The difference is one is world class (the one you wanted to sell btw :wink: ) and one is utter shit. One can hit 20+ PL goals (yep the one you wanted to sell :wink: ) and one can't and never will.

Well, seeing as you put it like that :lol: :lol:

Your point about me wanting to sell auba is selective, but then again you know that - I advoacted selling him if he did not sign a new contract and I stand over that. Arteta said in recent days that he wasnt confident auba would sign when he first became manager, and my point then (as it was this summer) was that we could not afford to let another star player walk away on a free (and I mean financially and club image wise). We are lucky that he did sign a new contract cos we would have looked stupid and incompetent AGAIN if he chose torun down his contract and we let him, or if we then sold him for a pittance when he had 6 months left on his contract

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to L’Equipe, Matteo Guendouzi has handed in a transfer request. #Arsenal https://t.co/Km5LnoNHzQ

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:40 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:21 am
augie wrote:

Well, seeing as you put it like that :lol: :lol:

Your point about me wanting to sell auba is selective, but then again you know that - I advoacted selling him if he did not sign a new contract and I stand over that. Arteta said in recent days that he wasnt confident auba would sign when he first became manager, and my point then (as it was this summer) was that we could not afford to let another star player walk away on a free (and I mean financially and club image wise). We are lucky that he did sign a new contract cos we would have looked stupid and incompetent AGAIN if he chose torun down his contract and we let him, or if we then sold him for a pittance when he had 6 months left on his contract
:wink: :wink:

Couldn't help myself. :lol: :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

NEW: Lyon want £54m for Aouar and are bracing themselves for bids in the final two weeks of the market. Aour is understood to be aware of a club playing in UCL who are preparing a late offer. #AFC EL participation shouldn’t rule them out of the running.
https://t.co/iUXV0PVu48

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:49 pm
NEW: Lyon want £54m for Aouar and are bracing themselves for bids in the final two weeks of the market. Aour is understood to be aware of a club playing in UCL who are preparing a late offer. #AFC EL participation shouldn’t rule them out of the running.
https://t.co/iUXV0PVu48

I've been saying to my 2 lads in the past few days that, IF arteta hopes to sign Aouar and partey in the next 2 weeks, then he needs to go sign Aouar first. We are far more likely to run into competition for his signature for starters, but secondly we already know what partey's price is and it isnt going any higher so lets tie down the variable first.

Of course knowing our luck we will get neither :roll: :lol: :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

SSN reporting that Arsenal are interested in signing Jorginho from Chelsea...

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Rumours of interest in countinho has picked up again. Also, one I haven't heard until today Jorginho from the chavs? Is he really an upgrade on xhaka?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:44 pm
Rumours of interest in countinho has picked up again. Also, one I haven't heard until today Jorginho from the chavs? Is he really an upgrade on xhaka?
With all due respect to Xhaka, at 57 years old and zero football ability I think I would be an upgrade on him.

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:53 pm
Nos89 wrote:
With all due respect to Xhaka, at 57 years old and zero football ability I think I would be an upgrade on him.

Very true, but to fcuk out torreira and guendouzi for that pedestrian c.unt would be disgraceful business imo - getting rid of them to buy Aouar and/or partey is acceptable, but getting rid to downgrade would be shocking

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
I can't believe you even asked that question. Have you ever seen my granny play football? No, of course you haven't - she's dead. And she would still be an upgrade on Xhakatard.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Breaking news. We’ve still not signed Partey or Aouar. :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Houssem Aouar agrees to join Arsenal. Discussions over a fee taking place. [@telefoot_chaine]

Don't know how reliable the source is, but they were the 1st to break the news of Pepe joining us last year

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Aouar....it’s happening....IT’S HAPPENING :barscarf:

Now get in a midfield enforcer, fuck out the bug eyed bottle job and we’re done.