Sheff Utd cocks H Sun 4th Oct KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Sheff Utd cocks H Sun 4th Oct KO 2pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

Apart from two quality goals we were awful. But it's another win. But tbh we have so much rubbish in that squad we will be blessed to get top 4.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Fuck Off New Orc City
Fuck Off Sky
Fuck Off Smudger

In control until Xhaka came on and Ceballos went off..Undignified panic near the end.. Great to win, but glaringly obvious problems. 17 hours to sort them !!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Notice how Auba was about to hit the long ball and make it 3 and that CUNTRETARD REF blows up. Bent fucktard :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

FUCKOFF YOU ORCS

FUCKOFF YOU ORCS

FUCKOFF YOU ORCS

:barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Can't quite work out why we weren't allowed to walk it in at the end there with their keeper up and Aubameyang with the ball at his feet.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:54 pm
Apart from two quality goals we were awful. But it's another win. But tbh we have so much rubbish in that squad we will be blessed to get top 4.
Top 4 Will be a "Miracle" mate. :?

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:54 pm
Agree mate. We still need some quality additions and some clear-outs too!

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Arteta's willingness to sit and hold onto a lead in the last 15-20 mins is becoming worrying, if we were rock solid defensively i could understand it but we are only ever a few secs from conceding. As soon as Ceballos went off and Xhaka came on we started shitting ourselves and went into defensive mode which invited them onto to us. I seriously think i can see a complete attitude shift in the team as soon as Xhaka appears on the sideline in situations like this :banghead:
Last edited by GoonerMuzz on Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:55 pm
Can't quite work out why we weren't allowed to walk it in at the end there with their keeper up and Aubameyang with the ball at his feet.

Reason = The REF is a BENTCUNTT

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:57 pm

Yep. That's it. Never forget that the refs will always hate us.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

OneBardGooner wrote:

And I had Saka and 3-1!!! FFS!! Also had Saka first goal on its own so happy days.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonertux wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:00 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

And I had Saka and 3-1!!! FFS!! Also had Saka first goal on its own so happy days.
Another 10 seconds and you would also have had your 3 - 1 GT!

Ref is a BENTCUNTT.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Awful performance and similar to against West Ham we come alive for one or two decent moments and that was enough. Delighted with the win but it's obvious the amount of points we will piss away this season playing like this. As for sky, I muted it as soon as they scored as the biased *word censored* willed them on for an equaliser. Zero mention of the shocking tackle on Aubameyang or them kicking us off the pitch. Evra and Souness can fuck right off.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Very pleased for young Saka. :barscarf: :barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Poor today, but 3 points.
The difference now though, is we’re not getting carved open and lucky to still be in the game at half time.
It’s an old saying in football, that if you don’t concede then you always have a chance!
Arteta is starting from scratch, yes we still have frailties in defence, but we’re not a “car crash” anymore! We would have blown it today under Emery or Wenger!
Still think we might land another signing before window closes!
I still have faith in Arteta and will continue as long as things are going in the right direction!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Fair play to Pepe when he came on - not saying he's all of a sudden became a worldie overnight, but he showed more acceleration, invention and trickery in his first 10 minutes than everything else that had happened before. Thought he and Bellerin took the game by the scruff when it needed it most down that right flank

Similarly, credit where it's due Elneny looks better than Xhaka at the moment - again, not getting carried away....he's not great, but he covers the ground quicker than dopey, and gives away far fewer silly fouls or cheap possession

As for Eddie v Lacazette - its a bit like the central midfield options......I think you can rotate as much as you like, but neither of them are top 4 strikers in my opinion.

I don't think the manager can do a whole lot more than what he's working with at the moment. I'd say its the least creative Arsenal midfield since GG's vintage of Hillier, Morrow, Jensen and Selley!

Nice for our Oirish fans to see one of their own manage to score a consolation goal like that too :wink: