Sheff Utd cocks H Sun 4th Oct KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
A11M11

Re: Sheff Utd cocks H Sun 4th Oct KO 2pm

Post by A11M11 »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:33 pm
ElNanny is deadly with a 10 yard back pass! :roll: Must have completed 30 or more this game
His run into the box caused the first goal , he needs to do it more often

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The end of that game should have been a stroll in the park and not the nearly shit the pants nervy finish it turned out to be.

Disappointed in Tierney for allowing McGoldrick to turn inside and shoot so easily for the goal (his customary 1 goal a season :roll: ).

Team without creative player struggles to create shocker I suppose.

El Neny plays the water carrier role well, I’d have him ahead of Xhaka every time. If we are to blow our wad on one player tomorrow it has to be a creative midfielder or else all this season‘s objectives will have already gone down the shitter.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:57 pm
Sounnes calling for quiz to be sent off, but not a fuckin' murmur from him for that studs up foul by OrcBurke on Auba.... Biased ex-scouse CUNTT.
Dont forget he played up the road as well.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:02 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:57 pm
Sounnes calling for quiz to be sent off, but not a fuckin' murmur from him for that studs up foul by OrcBurke on Auba.... Biased ex-scouse CUNTT.
Dont forget he played up the road as well.
Sky, in a pathetic attempt at creating controversy have him on as the angry grandad of their coverage. He and Roy Keane are like actors playing a role. Throw Jamie Redknapp, Carragher, Neville and Evra into the mix and it's *word censored* central.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:57 pm
The end of that game should have been a stroll in the park and not the nearly shit the pants nervy finish it turned out to be.

Disappointed in Tierney for allowing McGoldrick to turn inside and shoot so easily for the goal (his customary 1 goal a season :roll: ).

El Neny plays the water carrier role well, I’d have him ahead of Xhaka every time. If we are to blow our wad on one player tomorrow it has to be a creative midfielder or else all this season‘s objectives will have already gone down the shitter.
Have to agree about Elninny, he is nowhere good enough but I'd prefer him over Xhaka every day of the week, the main difference being although he doesnt do it often enough he does actually know how to play a forward pass and get it to the player it's meant to get to, he is also less prone to give away pointless fouls and get yellow cards in dangerous areas. On the other hand I'd still rather we went out and bought a proper holding midfielder because Ceballos has to play too deep when alongside either of them :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:

He showed him onto his weaker left foot - that is what you always coach players to do. I like mcgoldrick cos he has great game intelligence and links up the game well, but I have never seen him cut inside onto his weaker foot and curl in a beauty like that before :shock:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:18 pm
rodders999 wrote:

He showed him onto his weaker left foot - that is what you always coach players to do. I like mcgoldrick cos he has great game intelligence and links up the game well, but I have never seen him cut inside onto his weaker foot and curl in a beauty like that before :shock:
You’ve never seen him do it with his stronger foot either because 2 goals a season is him being prolific :lol:

I have to disagree with you about showing him inside, that’s the only way he’s going to get a shot off in that situation because it brings him back towards the goal. If Tierney marshals him out to his left then there’s no angle for a shot at goal there.

You could see in the replay that Tierney was angry with himself too when the ball hit the net, he knew he could and should have done better there.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

If Arteta manages to get this lot into the CL I will eat every piece of humble pie on offer

If Auba gets injured we have the choice of Nketiah and Lacazette to play up top until at least the new year when Martinelli returns

In midfield we have a collection of non scoring, non creating water carriers

At the back we have a Chavski cast off, a converted winger, Southampton's reserve right back, a fat Bosnian walrus, a couple of blokes who have never played in this league before (one about to be loaned off), Shocking Mustavealaff, and the £1.5m "sorry he did not cost 50m" Holding

And we had to sell a keeper to fund err.........nothing at all !

On paper that is an 8th-10th placed team at best

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

A win is a win is a win i guess, yes we definitely need new additions to the team but some on here moaning that it was a boring game of few chances were the same people lamenting on us winning ugly and would prefer that to playing decent football and losing.

It took Sheffield 78 mins or so to get their first shot on target, thats solid defensively, the goal as I said earlier was tierney not getting close enough soon enough but tbf it was great finish.

Haven't got a clue how good these players are that we are after as I generally only watch Arsenal games but if they are upgrades then get them in ffs, we are so fuckin tight its embarrassing.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:51 pm
Please can Falkirk Gooner from now on when doing any of the Game starting Threads for these dirty, thug, sister shagging fuckking *word censored* please remember to include "ORCS" in the title?

:cheers:
I most certainly shall 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:53 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:51 pm
Please can Falkirk Gooner from now on when doing any of the Game starting Threads for these dirty, thug, sister shagging fuckking *word censored* please remember to include "ORCS" in the title?

:cheers:
I most certainly shall 8)
:high5: :D

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

With every other team in the league being involved in some incredible scorelines, Arteta's Arsenal plod on delivering exactly the result we expect with some pragmatic results. Probably end up winning the league by being consistent and "normal".
When pepe came on and auba played through the middle we looked like a team with genuine pace and threat. It seems they trust each other more than nketiah.
I'm looking at our team and whilst cellabos played really well, I can't help but think how better we would be with ozil playing a deep lying attacking midfielder pulling the attacking strings. It is so sad that he doesn't want, or won't be allowed to be involved.

Tierney at LWB and Auba through the middle and we look dangerous.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:46 pm
If Arteta manages to get this lot into the CL I will eat every piece of humble pie on offer

If Auba gets injured we have the choice of Nketiah and Lacazette to play up top until at least the new year when Martinelli returns

In midfield we have a collection of non scoring, non creating water carriers

At the back we have a Chavski cast off, a converted winger, Southampton's reserve right back, a fat Bosnian walrus, a couple of blokes who have never played in this league before (one about to be loaned off), Shocking Mustavealaff, and the £1.5m "sorry he did not cost 50m" Holding

And we had to sell a keeper to fund err.........nothing at all !

On paper that is an 8th-10th placed team at best
Not just on paper - on the pitch as well :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

What I will say in defence of yesterday's performance was that we had a deliberate plan that the players were working to - seems to have originated with pep at citeeh, but more and more clubs are pushing their right back further forward and central when centre backs are trying to play out from backs, and then your centre mid drops into the full backs position and tries to start attacks from there. However where that falls down for us was that we had elneny constantly taking possession in the right back area, and as hard as he works, he sure as shit aint gonna create fcuk all

I remain convinced that had we attacked them early with pace and purpose we could have seen a more convincing win and performance, but as usual arrogance and a lack of motivation meant that we played pedestrian football and it allowed their players to get into shape before we got near their goals at all :roll: :evil:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:00 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Have to agree about Elninny, he is nowhere good enough but I'd prefer him over Xhaka every day of the week, the main difference being although he doesnt do it often enough he does actually know how to play a forward pass and get it to the player it's meant to get to, he is also less prone to give away pointless fouls and get yellow cards in dangerous areas. On the other hand I'd still rather we went out and bought a proper holding midfielder because Ceballos has to play too deep when alongside either of them :rubchin:

A few on here saying this and I agree. We all know that Elneny isn't the answer, but he's head and shoulders above the Swiss/Albanian sap. He's mobile, looks for the ball, passes accurately (if not creatively) and doesn't get caught in possession....the complete opposite of Xhaka. I had the same opinion before he was loaned out, although I'd still prefer Torreira and / or Guendouzi if the circumstances allowed it. With those two likely to be gone, it has to be Ceballos and Elneny in centre mid. Of course, I'm assuming that, as usual, we won't be adding a quality midfielder today.