ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by the playing mantis »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:14 pm
Can anyone prove that is not the case? I mean there has to be SOME reason the gormless pubber keeps getting picked.

I'm also now starting to think he knows his way around a prostate gland as well tbh. :shock:
at least you have thought that rather than imagined it...progress!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

:barscarf: :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

As I said elsewhere I genuinely think DB10 has a latent man crush on Xhaka, he is putting an inordinate amount of thought into Xhaka's oral 'skills' :rubchin:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:56 pm
Unfortunately I can’t see any way Xhaka is being dropped. I imagine we could have got 20-25m for him if he left but no-one even mentioned the possibility of him going. ElNanny will be out (not sad about that)! I think Arteta sees Xhaka as ‘creative’ and a good leader :lol: so we’re stuck with the lump of shite.
Fully agree. I think I said this earlier on this thread, or perhaps another. Xhaka makes Elneny look like Messi and there's no way he should be dropped to keep club foot in the side. Personally, I'd keep Ceballos in with Partey before either of them. If Arteta plays 4 at the back, then he'll play 3 centrally (one advanced), but Xhaka will be in the team regardless of formation.

As TeeCee says, it's abundantly clear that Arteta rates him, because the rest of us, Partey or no Partey, wouldn't even have the prat in the youth team. I'll never work out what 3 successive managers have seen in the mug....maybe there's something in DB's theory ! :shock: :shock:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Can’t believe I’m living in a world where AMN was nearly a Barcelona player! What the actual fuck?! :shock: :shock: :shock:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Yeah but Ralph, there is a precedent.....Alex Mong!! :shock: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:32 am
:lol:

This was Wenger's greatest ever transfer dealing. Nothing even comes close for the absolute piss take of it. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Kingralph wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:52 pm
Can’t believe I’m living in a world where AMN was nearly a Barcelona player! What the actual fuck?! :shock: :shock: :shock:
In fairness in about 2 years he'll be wearing a very similar jersey..... with an Eagle on it....

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:32 am
And, of course , Hleb the pleb

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC Football:

Former Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger insists German midfielder Mesut Ozil, 31, could still be effective for the Gunners. (Goal)

:roll:

Is the old fool never going to shut his gob ... everything he touts is a load of bollox, the only way Marty (mesut) Feldman can be of any use to us is to FuckOFF out of the club and save us £350k a week.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:36 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:45 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:30 am
The only problem with that augie is Smith-Rowe has looked equal parts brilliant and gash in the little we've seen of him so he is totally unproven in the PL and Willian is very obviously just another chav after a late payday at the end of his career and would amaze me if he ever lifts his game beyond average while he is with us. :roll:

Add to that Partey maybe not settling into the PL for months maybe not until next season and tbh no matter what formation we play you cannot win enough PL games without a creator in the middle to challenge much beyond 5th or 4th. Maybe.

Options?

Ceballos is Ozil-lite. Has moments of brilliance but can just as easily be totally anonymous. Willock? Forget it.
Mostly agree mate, But at least Ceballos can moved faster than an idle trot - which has been Ozil's ab-so-lute- fuckinn limit...

Even Gunnersaurus with his size 22 boots moves quicker than the german/turkish Marty Feldman :D

:lol: :lol: Quality line, made me fucking laugh.
:D :cheers:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

wibble wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:04 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:35 am
Nos89 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:04 pm
Reading today that Atletico Madrid are unhappy with Arsenal and will never do business with us again???
So, it's okay for their manager to phone our contracted player to try and persuade him to move to their club. Thought tapping up a player was banned. Never mind, it'll be interesting to see how they deal with us when torreira loan has finished and they want to buy him.

I get why Arteta want's to loan out Saliba. I'd be happier if it was a championship club rather than St.Etienne again. Norwich need a CB after selling Godfrey to Everton. They play a similar style of football to us so it would be good grounding for him. Saliba is 7th or 8th down the CB line so we'd need some incredible bad luck with injuries for him to get a start, although last week when Luiz, Mustafi, Mari, and Chambers, were out injured he was still behind Tierney and Kolasinac, not to mention Sokratis so maybe Arteta doesn't think he's ready for the Premier League and being cautious with him.

In whose eyes ?? If he isnt better than mustafi, kolasniac, holding and tierney (at centre back),and possibly mari (havent seen enough to judge him) then why the fcuk did we spunk that amount of money on him ?? :? I dont know how good saliba is yet, but imo we wont know until we play him and the league cup and europa league is the perfect place to play him for now. If he is any good at all he should be no lower than 3rd or 4th choice in our squad, and I wouldnt support loaning him out (especially to a non english team) unless there is a recall option
Exactly this. Why spend £27m on a 7th or 8th choice centre back? And if he is worse than mustafi et al then forget loaning him, just get him out the club!

Even trying to loan him out again is worrying
It appears from the outside that when Saliba was purchased that Mustafi, sokratis and holding were going to be sold. However, with covid and more importantly a change of manager they remain at the club. In my opinion it was a mistake to immediately loan him back to St Etienne and he should have been brought into the first team squad straight away. He would have had the settling in period already and the club may have been able to sell the players it wanted to January window earlier this year.
Mari was brilliant at Flamengo and Arteta seems to be playing a similar system to that very successful Flamengo team, which Mari was integral to its defensive solidity. My question is why do players ome to Arsenal then pick up injuries when previously they have not had a history of them?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Of a selected list of premier league players who are free to sign on the BBC sport website 5 of them are ex-Arsenal. Clichy, Wilshere, Nasri, Welbeck, and Sanongo. Would we pick up any of these for free? My heart goes with Wilshere as he could play in the deep lying creative midfield role Arteta seems to want. BUT realistically I wouldn't take any of them back.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

First of all paying 72m for Pepe, and now 27m for a centre half who Arteta says goes to ground too easily and falls asleep at set pieces. Why don't we just rip up our entire scouting network FFS.

At a time when we are supposedly skint, how on earth can you spend 100m odd on those two - use one sparingly, and send the other out on loan indefinitely.

When you add this one to the long list of recent fuck ups Wenger made - Lacazette 50m, Ozil 42m, Mustafi 35m, Xhaka 32, Perez 17m - its not hard to see that money has been consisently spunked up the wall. Must only be Auba who we paid big money for and who actually turned out to be a decent signing.

This Saliba episode is every bit as bad as the shambles with Pepe - and yet we supposedly didn't want Zaha, owing to 'resale value'. We really do employ some of the biggest cockwombles in world football.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

And now the club have to pay Marty Ozil Feldman £8 million in bonuses

YUP!

HOWTHEFUCK does THAT happen???!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: