The End of International Football? Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Ingerland ! Best team in the world!

Post by DB10GOONER »

Andrew wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:18 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:43 pm
Fucking mental bastards the both of you. :lol: :wink:
Racist.
Stop grooming me!

Gunner Rob

Re: The End of International Football?

Post by Gunner Rob »

totally agree.
from when football was cancelled in March I have been saying that we should only focus on domestic competitions for the next year.
utter madness that we are still having international breaks and a fully blown CL and Europa League.
middle of October and only 4 PL matches played so far. how is the season going to be completed if teams suddenly start having COVID outbreaks in their squads?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Most European countries will play three international games over a week, then the players will return to their clubs to play weekend games. African and South American nations also playing, not sure how many games they play.
Absolute madness anytime, but more so in a pandemic. Every team will be weakened in the Premier League this weekend, due to muscle injuries, fatigue and Covid19 positive tests or close contact with a positive test. And for what?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:43 am
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:52 pm
But Ireland do have such wonderful fans. :roll: Oh, how we all love their fun and colour. :blah: I'm honestly stuck for ideas on how to make international football more boring than it already is and has been for about 25 years.
I think the words you were looking for there are "superfan arseholes". :D :wink:

Could also be the Scots too. "Oh, the glorious Tartan Army and their marvellous fans." Or actually, the hordes of Ingerlaaaaannndd chavs with their pub names on the flags or the 20 year old twats on "Staaaaaaaggggg Dooooooos" thinking they're the big boys for going all the way to Amsterdam or Dortmund to have two Kaliber shandies, stagger about and sing songs about the second world war.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
But Ireland do have such wonderful fans. :roll: Oh, how we all love their fun and colour. :blah: I'm honestly stuck for ideas on how to make international football more boring than it already is and has been for about 25 years.
I think the words you were looking for there are "superfan arseholes". :D :wink:
The ones who think Henry's handball was a mortal sin and a crime against humanity but Maradona's handball was hilarious. The ones who believe Oierland shod be fast tracked into every tournament because of what they bring to it...

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:07 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

Could also be the Scots too. "Oh, the glorious Tartan Army and their marvellous fans." Or actually, the hordes of Ingerlaaaaannndd chavs with their pub names on the flags or the 20 year old twats on "Staaaaaaaggggg Dooooooos" thinking they're the big boys for going all the way to Amsterdam or Dortmund to have two Kaliber shandies, stagger about and sing songs about the second world war.
And if Arsene gets his way we can have the thrill of watching all that shit every summer.... euros one summer world cup the next..... :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Mentioned it on other thread but Arsene wants an Interlull tourny every summer. Euros one year, world cup the following year.... I'd rather eat shit. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Btw sid..... worst thread ever contender. :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:13 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
The ones who think Henry's handball was a mortal sin and a crime against humanity but Maradona's handball was hilarious. The ones who believe Oierland shod be fast tracked into every tournament because of what they bring to it...
Don't forget that the IFA took a bribe to let that result stand ! No *word censored* compensated us .
I used to watch Engerland games but too many wankers spoiled it over the years ,Dublin being the one that made me vow never ever to go again .
The ludicrous and over the top coverage of the last world cup made me laugh , we get an easy group where the only thing to do was to make sure we lost to Belgium and we tried to balls that up . A penalty win over Colombia an easy win over a weak Sweden team led to a semi final against Croatia where our complete lack of guile over reliance on shit spurs players led to a predictable defeat and yet the press laud us so much that it led to gongs for all involved .
Southgate is a clown in a suit yet he's promoted as the new Alf Ramsey ,if only !

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

England with ten men look better than England with eleven when the eleventh is Harry Maguire. Four mistakes and two yellow cards tonight.

herbert

Post by herbert »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:17 pm
England with ten men look better than England with eleven when the eleventh is Harry Maguire. Four mistakes and two yellow cards tonight.
I would pick Mings over Maguire everytime ,Maguire is going backwards very fast

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

England had two players sent off tonight and one sent off a month ago, apparently. I'm sure the English press who take such an interest in Arsenal players getting sent off will be their usual morally outraged selves and demand action be taken to end this 'red card shame.'

augie

Post by augie »

herbert wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:44 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:17 pm
I would pick Mings over Maguire everytime ,Maguire is going backwards very fast

Maguire is incapable of doing anything fast :lol: :lol:

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:08 pm
England had two players sent off tonight and one sent off a month ago, apparently. I'm sure the English press who take such an interest in Arsenal players getting sent off will be their usual morally outraged selves and demand action be taken to end this 'red card shame.'

I'd rather end the "wearing crappy blue away kits and at home shame".

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I’m sticking £100 on Denmark for the Euros, after all they’ve beaten the best in the world! :barscarf: :barscarf: :lol: