THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Bradywasking »

Wenger had to stop being a threat to the media favourites to be accepted by the media..Imagine in 1998 if he made suggestions like allowing goals scored from a corner despite the ball going out of play, or kick ins instead of throw ins. Sky would have Ferguson, Warnock and all up in arms declaring the English game doesn't need his ideas..

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:21 pm
Wenger had to stop being a threat to the media favourites to be accepted by the media..Imagine in 1998 if he made suggestions like allowing goals scored from a corner despite the ball going out of play, or kick ins instead of throw ins. Sky would have Ferguson, Warnock and all up in arms declaring the English game doesn't need his ideas..
Yo! BWK :high5: dude - 6,000 posts and counting! :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:21 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:21 pm
Yo! BWK :high5: dude - 6,000 posts and counting! :barscarf:
Thanks for the recognition, didn't realise it myself..

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Piers Morgan is appearing on the late late show on RTE with AW.

Now that should be a watch!

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

My Life in Red and White download links for anyone interested.

http://bit.ly/3786733

Formats for those that don't know...

mobi = Amazon Kindle

epub = other ereaders

pdf = phones, tablets etc

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

g88ner wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:49 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:48 am
For any amazon prime members, this is available on prime day for under £14 and if you want the book in Wenger's own words, there is a podcast version on an app called audible available for free. 30-day signup but you can cancel at any time and keep the download.
That’s what I did. I ordered the book from amazon for my dad and I signed up to audible and got the free audiobook for myself.

I’m on chapter 3 and Wenger isn’t a great narrator at all. Opening myself up to ridicule here but I’ve listened to all Harry Potter books narrated by Stephen Fry and the story comes alive. Shame Wenger can’t use an evil Voldemort or Professor snape voice when he’s referring to cashley or Mourinho or a Dobby voice when talking about pat rice :lol:

Christ, it would be bad enough to listen to a decent narrator but the thought of listening to TOF :suicide:

You could be onto something with the voice thing but you'd just end up with Voldemort and Dobby both sounding like Rene from Allo Allo :shock:

nut flush gooner

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:26 pm
g88ner wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:49 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:48 am
For any amazon prime members, this is available on prime day for under £14 and if you want the book in Wenger's own words, there is a podcast version on an app called audible available for free. 30-day signup but you can cancel at any time and keep the download.
That’s what I did. I ordered the book from amazon for my dad and I signed up to audible and got the free audiobook for myself.

I’m on chapter 3 and Wenger isn’t a great narrator at all. Opening myself up to ridicule here but I’ve listened to all Harry Potter books narrated by Stephen Fry and the story comes alive. Shame Wenger can’t use an evil Voldemort or Professor snape voice when he’s referring to cashley or Mourinho or a Dobby voice when talking about pat rice :lol:

Christ, it would be bad enough to listen to a decent narrator but the thought of listening to TOF :suicide:

You could be onto something with the voice thing but you'd just end up with Voldemort and Dobby both sounding like Rene from Allo Allo :shock:
First few chapters are quite boring tbh, he doesn't have the best voice for a audiobook. but its starting to get more interesting now.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:04 pm

Did not know that mate. Thanks for the heads up. I can't stand that show as it is presented by an absolute empty vacuum of a presenter. I have more charisma and personality in my toe than the moron that presents it. I'll SlyPlus it and fast forward to thd Wenger/Morgan bit. :D

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:29 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

Did not know that mate. Thanks for the heads up. I can't stand that show as it is presented by an absolute empty vacuum of a presenter. I have more charisma and personality in my toe than the moron that presents it. I'll SlyPlus it and fast forward to thd Wenger/Morgan bit. :D

Was on an early ryanair flight over to a game a few years ago and the spandau ballet band were sitting right in front of me and beside me, as they were on a flight back to england after being on the late late the night before. One of them starting chatting me and I asked him what he thought about turbidy - he said that he seemed nice enough to which I replied that turbidy is an absolute d*ckhead :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:05 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Was on an early ryanair flight over to a game a few years ago and the spandau ballet band were sitting right in front of me and beside me, as they were on a flight back to england after being on the late late the night before. One of them starting chatting me and I asked him what he thought about turbidy - he said that he seemed nice enough to which I replied that turbidy is an absolute d*ckhead :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Top work augster. 8)

nut flush gooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

For whatever reason it seems like sky fell out with RTE a few years ago so we won't see it unless we find a dodgy stream. Now where have I heard that before!

:D :D :)

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Not sure of the point of this, the presenter Tubridy knows nothing about football, so he will ask a few pre set questions that require no more than a fluffy answer .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:35 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Not sure of the point of this, the presenter Tubridy knows nothing about football, so he will ask a few pre set questions that require no more than a fluffy answer .
I'm more interested in how hypocritical Morgan manages to be.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:18 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:35 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

I'm more interested in how hypocritical Morgan manages to be.
Piers Moron and Wanker in the same room at the same time. Fucking hell. Two of the biggest fucking dickhead, egomaniacs of the last twenty years. Someone fucking smack both of them in the face, please.
As for Wanker's book, surely there's some joke in there somewhere about nearly buying it, having the bag and bookshelf space ready for it but then spending six months haggling over the price before being told to fuck off out the bookshop by the manager and ending up with nothing.
Last edited by Perryashburtongroves on Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:11 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

For whatever reason it seems like sky fell out with RTE a few years ago so we won't see it unless we find a dodgy stream. Now where have I heard that before!

:D :D :)
I can probably sort that if needed. :lol: