OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: Gunnersaurus or Ozil

Post by g88ner »

wibble wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:58 pm
Confirmed that ozil, Sokratis and Saliba are not in the EL squad. What was the point in signing Saliba?
But if Saliba is going on a season loan to a championship club then there’s probably no point registering him in the premier league?

wibble

Post by wibble »

g88ner wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:45 pm
wibble wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:58 pm
Confirmed that ozil, Sokratis and Saliba are not in the EL squad. What was the point in signing Saliba?
But if Saliba is going on a season loan to a championship club then there’s probably no point registering him in the premier league?
True. I’m just surprised that the plan is to loan him out again. I assumed when we signed him he was going to be 3rd or 4th choice centre back at worst

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:35 pm
SPUNKNOSHER wrote: Personally I’d keep them both and sack DB10.
Huh? Who the fuck is this guy? :shock:

Jaysus old buddy where you been? I thought you'd fucking died or something! :shock:

How's things? And welcome back! :barscarf:

Now do some modding you silly cùnt. :wink:
Not been about much at all mate. Haven’t had the will to be on here much as I’ve just been totally disillusioned with the world of football.

Busy working on the Covid response for Fire through the home office role I have as part of my job. Trying to ensure that all Fire Services have sufficient PPE etc. Fucking mental busy this year!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:58 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:35 pm
SPUNKNOSHER wrote: Personally I’d keep them both and sack DB10.
Huh? Who the fuck is this guy? :shock:

Jaysus old buddy where you been? I thought you'd fucking died or something! :shock:

How's things? And welcome back! :barscarf:

Now do some modding you silly cùnt. :wink:
Not been about much at all mate. Haven’t had the will to be on here much as I’ve just been totally disillusioned with the world of football.

Busy working on the Covid response for Fire through the home office role I have as part of my job. Trying to ensure that all Fire Services have sufficient PPE etc. Fucking mental busy this year!
I'd say you were! :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Naaah Spuddy... No Offence dude, but you ARE Mental as in completely feckin' Tonto. :D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

So, Gunnersaurus gets the heave ho and Ozil gets a Bonus of £8 million...

FUCKKK THIS WORLD IS SO OUT OF BALANCE. :suicide:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:52 pm

When you see how big the bonus is and the conditions attached to said bonus he was never going to leave :cry: fucking horrendous negotiating from the cockholes running our club :roll:

wibble

Post by wibble »

OneBardGooner wrote:

Only 8 million? I’m not sure he’ll be able to afford to pay Gunnersaurus wages after all
:roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:

What's "out of balance" is the fact that Xhakatard starts every match while Ozil - who on his worst day is a million times the player Xhakatard is on his best day - will probably be dropped from our PL squad. Just read that sentence again. Anyone that cannot see the fucking ridiculousness of that needs their head examined. :roll:

Forget the money and just think about this pragmatically. Love Ozil or hate Ozil the simple fact is he is a million times the player Xhakatard could ever even dream of being. We are a better team on the pitch with Ozil playing and Xhakatard not. There is no way round that.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:50 am
OneBardGooner wrote:

What's "out of balance" is the fact that Xhakatard starts every match while Ozil - who on his worst day is a million times the player Xhakatard is on his best day - will probably be dropped from our PL squad. Just read that sentence again. Anyone that cannot see the fucking ridiculousness of that needs their head examined. :roll:

Forget the money and just think about this pragmatically. Love Ozil or hate Ozil the simple fact is he is a million times the player Xhakatard could ever even dream of being. We are a better team on the pitch with Ozil playing and Xhakatard not. There is no way round that.
Yes, agreed BUT I still cannot fathom why Xhakatard keeps getting picked, everyone else can see he iow useless the cunnt is, yet he is still one of the first on the team sheet and FFS and was even given the Captain's arm band in our last game....

I mean can someone explain that one. :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I wonder what kind of Loyalty Bonus Gunnersaurus was on? :? :cry:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

My opinion of Ozil is beginning to change. I'm actually starting to support his position. He has been poorly managed and frankly he is sticking up two fingers to the corporation. It has been made clear to him he's not going to be playing yet, he's staying put, as is his right, and doing things that are simply taking the piss out of his bosses, the Kroenke's. When Ozil came out and said he'd pay Gunnersaurus wages I laughed my arse off!!!
Personally, I'd take the opposite approach to Arteta, I'd play him in every game, EVERY game. If he's going to get paid he might as well earn it. Obviously, there is the issue about bonus's but there must be a clause in his contract about game time played if so utilise that how wenger did with Chamberlain. I'd put ozil in ahead of Xhaka every fucking day of the week. If you're gonna play a player who offers nothing to team, play the one who has talent and might produce something special, rather than the one who doesn't have talent and no chance of producing something special.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gonna just slide this one (giggity) into the main Ozil thread. Brace yourself Sheila! :shock:

:wink:

mcdowell42

Re: OZIL - Merged Thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to the Standard, #Arsenal are to exclude Ozil from their Premier League squad. https://t.co/fEQBdyNYAL

DB10GOONER

Re: OZIL - Merged Thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:42 am
According to the Standard, #Arsenal are to exclude Ozil from their Premier League squad. https://t.co/fEQBdyNYAL
Mental stuff if they do. If we could not sell him then pragmatic thinking would dictate that given we have utter shit like Xhakatard, Elnumpty and Pillock as midfield options then Arteta should have tried to get something from Ozil for our 350k a week.

Instead he will let his best midfielder (and I'm sorry Ozil haters but he still is by a long shot) sit on his arse doing nothing and collecting a kings ransom.

Our club is a joke from top to bottom. :oops: