Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 20jan KO 745

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clummo99

Re: Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 6 Jan KO

Post by Clummo99 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:14 am
Game’s Off!!!!

20th Jan new date.
If that's official (not seen any announcement yet myself) then that's ridiculous. The first leg after the second?

Surely play the first leg on the 13th (the scheduled date of the second leg) and play the second on the 20th.

What a fùcking mess as usual.

BobbyPires7

Re: Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 6 Jan KO

Post by BobbyPires7 »

My “source” told me an hour ago it is off and new date is 20th Jan. So we play second leg at home now.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

So now they're even affecting their own cup draws!!

What a farce. :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

To compound today's shite I see we've been charged by the FA for failing to control our players in the Man City game. :roll:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:45 pm
To compound today's shite I see we've been charged by the FA for failing to control our players in the Man City game. :roll:
I'm quite proud of that. It seems years since we've had that charge and it's about time the players looked like they care.

Perryashburtongroves

I reckon we should decide to call off the second leg just as a bit of tit-for-tat. The FA, Football League and whoever else need to get this nonsense sorted out and make it abundantly clear that if you have professional players available at the club at any level , the games have to go on. Either that or postpone the season for three weeks. You can't have it both ways but of course, they always do.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

So as things stand the Burnley PL game kicks off less than 48 hours after the 2nd leg.
Surely that needs to be moved ?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nice of us to "agree" to move to after the Spurs game and 2 days before Burnley

Liverpool would like "to thank the EFL and Arsenal for their understanding" !!!!

Fuck off you c.unts - we've bent over to accomodate you and fucked ourselves over! Absolute fuming, as I expect are Villa and Leyton Orient

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:08 pm
Rules state if teams are able to call upon a squad of 14 registered players, matches are expected to take place.
Yes but you are forgetting that the victims have different rules to all other teams.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:17 pm
My “source” told me an hour ago it is off and new date is 20th Jan. So we play second leg at home now.
The teams will now play Thursday, January 13 for the first leg at the Emirates and Thursday, January 20 for the second at Anfield, following an announcement from the EFL.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

They've 41 players in their first team squad registered with the league this season -

https://www.premierleague.com/clubs/10/Liverpool/squad

plus they'd have a B list registered comprising of 40 odd players from the youth teams that can also be called up if required.

And we're expected to believe that out of a squad of 80 odd players they can't field a team? Absolute fucking bullshit, a joke and a disgrace, but who's surprised?

I've been banging the drum about how crooked the game is for years but what's going on this season with cancellations even has me shocked, blatant cheating, corruption and manipulation of results to suit certain teams.

Perryashburtongroves

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:41 pm

Liverpool would like "to thank the EFL and Arsenal for their understanding" !!!!

Fuck off you c.unts - we've bent over to accomodate you and fucked ourselves over! Absolute fuming, as I expect are Villa and Leyton Orient
It makes me wonder what say we had in the matter and what conversations have been going on behind the scenes. My feeling is that we probably agreed to a cancellation as we're a decent club at the end of the day but may well have done so on the proviso that the legs were switched.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

So we are away to scouse scum then 3 days later have the NLD....FFS :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Fucking joke

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:02 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:41 pm

It makes me wonder what say we had in the matter and what conversations have been going on behind the scenes. My feeling is that we probably agreed to a cancellation as we're a decent club at the end of the day but may well have done so on the proviso that the legs were switched.
As it stands the Burnley game will kick off at 3pm on Saturday 22nd, with the rearranged game against the Mickeys finishing at around 9.30pm/10pm on Thursday 20th January. How on earth can that be fair?

Liverpool's game that weekend is on Sunday 23rd January at 2pm. So we've agreed to reschedule a match (coming off the back of the NLD on 16th) which gives them more recovery time afterwards???!!!!

Surely the announcement would have mentioned the Burnley game going back 24 hours? If we've rolled over and 'agreed' to that then the c.unts who run our club should be ashamed of themselves

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Fuck burnley........

So we are away to scouse scum then 3 days later have the NLD....FFS :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Fucking joke...those *word censored* will take full advantage

can see us loosing at anfield probably narrowly...and picking up injuries.....then again losing to scum who will take the advantage