ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wilson2.0

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by wilson2.0 »

and the squad gets thinner. Although not opposed to selling Chambers at all, clear limitations in his game. But still no incomings in midfield.

I cant help but feel we chased Vlahovic for too long when it became obvious he was stalling. The Melo dead appears to be dead in the water.

If we dont sign a capable midfielder it will cost us.

To risk top 4 like this is gross negligence.

Sutch2

Post by Sutch2 »

Sad to see Chambers go. Kind of a stalwart considering how often players change clubs now. Started off really well with us, he was one of our better players during that shitshow of the opening months of that 14/15 season (that Wenger still has to answer for). Then he played at Swansea, got destroyed and was never the same after that, then got unlucky with Bellerin coming through just after.

Still, he was valuable and it astounds me that he's been let go but Cedric has stayed.

Part of the reason I'm annoyed about it is the fact that it's Villa that hes gone to. I can't fucking stand them at the moment. They've always had some of the most jumped up, shithead fans but they've gone into overdrive of late and all of a sudden all the pundits are calling them a "massive club" and acting like the likes of Messi would be honoured to join them.

Lately, it's hard to choose who's the more jumped up fans between them and Newcastle.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Lately, it's hard to choose who's the more jumped up fans between them and Newcastle.

As Vile as the "spurs of the midlands " are there can be no club with more jumped up c unts than the toon ,however they must be miffed that they have been trounced this season in the toxic fan category ,an award they have won hands down in recent years by Everton who have erupted with all the force of a Tongan volcano ! The smell worse than sulphur dioxide too !

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Chambers may not have been the best but was a player I would have kept ahead of a few others at the moment, I'm assuming Cedric must be over his injury, or it leaves us very few options at the back now :rubchin:

The goal keeper deal seems to have been pushed back to a summer signing so I believe that makes a grand total of no signings with 4 days left.....

Egypt through means we won't see Elneny for at least another week but possibly longer so we are utterly threadbare in midfield with the suspension still to run, those two jokers in charge better perform a miracle or Wolves will run all over us with whoever is left in midfield....

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Chambers' contract was up in the summer. Allowing him to leave on a free now will at least save his wage outlay. Considering his position in the pecking order you can understand why he's gone but the squad is getting extremely thin.

Sutch2

Post by Sutch2 »

Herd wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:52 pm

As Vile as the "spurs of the midlands " are there can be no club with more jumped up c unts than the toon ,however they must be miffed that they have been trounced this season in the toxic fan category ,an award they have won hands down in recent years by Everton who have erupted with all the force of a Tongan volcano ! The smell worse than sulphur dioxide too !
I remember them being called the sperms of the midlands on this forum back in the appalling 08/09 season when they were convinced they'd finish above us in the race for the glory of fourth place before collapsing. Hope Klopp gets bored of the dippers soon and Gerrard goes there so Villa can fuck back off into obscurity because if not, we'll have to endure Sky Sports running on about how every player on the planet is a boyhood Villa fan and that Lewandowski has been biding his time at Bayern waiting for Villa to bid for him so he can frequent some grotty Brummie dive pub.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:55 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:04 pm
Well that came out of the blue, I wish Calum Chambers well in his career. Sweetner for Douglas Luiz or Watkins or Ings?
Yes, that's how to do your transfer deals... Don't make a big fuss like Arteta & Edu have over that Vlahovic geezer - and be left with egg on their faces.
Did Arsenal make a fuss over Vlahovic? Seems far far more likely it was Vlahovic’s camp or Fiorentina leaking things to the press to drive up interest.

Not sure we can do much about that really.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Matt Turner to Arsenal from New England Revolution, done deal confirmed. Full agreement for €7m plus €3m bonuses, now time for paperworks. Turner will join Arsenal in summer and not in January - ready for next season ⚪️🔴 #AFC

USMNT coach Gregg Berhalter confirms the deal. https://t.co/UC16YMZfWK

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Can understand selling Chambers, very average player, supposedly we’ll save around 2m in wages by letting him go now. But fuck me, we needed at least two players before the window started, now we need at least 3 or 4 to even have a slight chance of top 4? Who the hell is controlling transfers at Arsenal??

John F

Post by John F »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:54 pm
and the squad gets thinner. Although not opposed to selling Chambers at all, clear limitations in his game. But still no incomings in midfield.

I cant help but feel we chased Vlahovic for too long when it became obvious he was stalling. The Melo dead appears to be dead in the water.

If we dont sign a capable midfielder it will cost us.

To risk top 4 like this is gross negligence.
I get the feeling this is Wiggy trying to balance the books after the summer outlay. The transfer links have gone quiet since Arteta's meeting with him in America last week.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

The tiny tots getting fucked over twice in as many days is just fantastic :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

If people are celebrating selling Calum Chambers then fuck me we're in even more trouble than I thought

I'll rephrase the question - are people happy that Cedric and Hector fucking Bellerin are still employed by this club when we've sold Calum Chambers?

The fella showed at Anfield he's infinitely better than either of those two absolute c.unts but of course one is Kia's mate and the other is going to be the latest Guendouzi/Torreira who we end up loaning out to do some other c.unt a favour

Tommy is coming back from COVID/injury - he was fucking woeful against the Mickeys and we'll forgive him that because he's been awesome up to then. But it's his first season in the PL and might need some resting/nursing back from recovery.........and I'd rather Calum Chambers plays there

This club sometimes............fuck the fucking lot of them

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:08 am
If people are celebrating selling Calum Chambers then fuck me we're in even more trouble than I thought
Oh wow, people are celebrating chambers leaving? - I hadn’t noticed that. what’s the context? it’s not like he’s a divisive player.

If people are celebrating, I’m assuming that’s because they see us clearing the decks (Mari, Kolasinac, chambers) and assume we’re making room for a new signing?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bellerin still has 18 months to run on his Arsenal contract I think(?). he plays regularly for Real Betis, so I am just hoping they take him permanently, I don't know how much of his £90k a week wages they pay? But surely we need to off-load him for some cash before he can wander off on a free?

As for Callum Chambers he may not have been the best defender, but Always tried and gave his best, I wish him Good Luck - except of course when we play them.

I don't think the Vlahovic deal was ever going to happen - even if we met the asking price etc The fact we are not in Europe at all not in the Top 4 always made it seem like a deal out of reach for me. Also he made it clear he wanted to go to Juve and so fine fuck him.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:21 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:08 am
Oh wow, people are celebrating chambers leaving? - I hadn’t noticed that. what’s the context? it’s not like he’s a divisive player.

If people are celebrating, I’m assuming that’s because they see us clearing the decks (Mari, Kolasinac, chambers) and assume we’re making room for a new signing?
I can only hope that last bit is right

Maybe celebrating is a bit strong but noticed from the comments above about him being an average player etc. Certainly on social there's the usual BS chat about it being a great bit of business, not good enough etc. If we're talking Champions League Arsenal I get that mindset. If we're talking about 2022 Arsenal and we somehow think selling our best back up RB (and reasonable CB) is something good, I don't get it......