Wolves wankstains A Thu 10th Feb KO 745PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Wolves wankstains A Thu 10th Feb KO 745PM

Post by Redarmy »

the playing mantis wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:21 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:39 am
wibble wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:34 am
Redarmy wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:58 am
wilson2.0 wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:41 am
Thats Ramsdales's 11th clean sheet. Ederson has 13 then its Ramsdale and Allison with 11. Kepa & Mendy have 10 between them. Were right up there with the top 3 when it comes to keeping a clean sheet. Need to also remember Ramsey has played less games than the others so his clean sheet ratio might just be the highest. I dare say it, with this new look back 4 and Ramsdale in goal, we are showing a defensive resilience and quality side not seen in a very long time.

But for christ sake the problem with Lacazette gets bigger. You cannot have the focal point miss so many half and clear cut chances. Gabriel has as many goals this season. I really think Arteta needs to get ESR back into the team given he is our top scorer. He will get to play next game as Martinelli is out. Although long term, whether Martinelli plays down the middle and Saka goes to his natural left and ESR plays on the right, or take a massive gamble and play ESR was a false 9. Although I personally think the gamble is playing Lacazette week to week.
Could well be Nkeitah starts when Martinelli is out....not a given that ESR is back...thats artetas call
Or he might start Pepe. Which I’d actually prefer over Nketiah.
Yes same here...we have a good run of games coming up, hopefull we can kick on.....
id prefer DB10's dead great granny who someone was in the process of digging up i thought (leftie?), than the feather, she would make more of an impact and hold the ball up better.

the feather is the worst young striker i have seen at our club..jeffers, rankin, mark flatts, itonga, jet, riza,jay simpson, dailivcious (?), barratt, stokes, lupolli, sanchez watt, thomas, cablellero (?), papadoud (some greek czech bloke), i dont care abt his u21 record hes facking shit and makes no effort to make up for his shitness.
you dug up some great names there :D :D :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sanogo! :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

i dont care abt his u21 record hes facking shit and makes no effort to make up for his shitness.
Do you remember the Leeds wanker who sits on the bucket said something very similar about him and that was the reason he wasn't playing him. :)

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:30 am
Smith-Rowe has a very obvious ongoing fitness issue. He came on as a sub last night after a winter break and he was blowing within ten minutes. He might be carrying a knock or a soft tissue problem but either way we can barely get a full half out of him at the moment. Until that is sorted he's not a starter.

If that is the issue then Martinez-Lite has called it right benching him.
I read he's been carrying a knock for some time , surprised it hasn't healed now though, Pepe may start against Brentford.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:37 pm
Sanogo! :D
Who still has more medals than ***** stain :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:07 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:02 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Smith-Rowe has a very obvious ongoing fitness issue. He came on as a sub last night after a winter break and he was blowing within ten minutes. He might be carrying a knock or a soft tissue problem but either way we can barely get a full half out of him at the moment. Until that is sorted he's not a starter.

Yeah I noticed it last night - he'd been on a matter of minutes and had that one run near the end where he was able to see out about 30 seconds of time before conceding the goal kick. He looked absolutely fucked afterwards!
Nice new avatar/profile pic by the way mate. Roddaz is going to love it! :D :wink:
How I'd love to see the big man grace the turf one more time. Should be a testimonial- Rodders can dig out the Barry White CDs as we won't be facing Olympiacos for a while :D

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

If this is true (nicked off Facebook so who knows) it is astonishing.

Premier League Discipline since 2 January 2019 (the last time Burnley got a red card)
Games played
Arsenal 115 Burnley 113
Fouls
Arsenal 1148 Burnley 1145
Red cards
Arsenal 15 Burnley 0

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Red Snapper wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:58 pm
If this is true (nicked off Facebook so who knows) it is astonishing.

Premier League Discipline since 2 January 2019 (the last time Burnley got a red card)
Games played
Arsenal 115 Burnley 113
Fouls
Arsenal 1148 Burnley 1145
Red cards
Arsenal 15 Burnley 0
It would only be astonishing in terms of injustice if Burnley had someone as moronic as Clubfoot Clive kicking players in the guts like he did at Anfield, cything through someone on the touchline like he did at City, or countless other mindless red card offences

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

He’s only gone and put fucking corn flakes knees on his avatar :banghead:

:wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:21 pm
He’s only gone and put fucking corn flakes knees on his avatar :banghead:

:wink:
Wellll! Corn Flakes are Tougher than Pappadom's. :lol:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Plucky but lucky Arsenal. How the fuck did Laca miss that second half chance ?. Sending off for Martinelli was crazy decision. Should have been one card only. :barscarf: :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:40 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:28 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:14 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:02 pm
Fair play to the 10 that stood tall

I don't want to hear any fucking bollocks conspiracy theories either. I'm sure people will ask when has that Martinelli incident happened to other clubs?

Well I'll ask when have you seen anyone against us shove their hand in someone's face to prevent a throw...in their own fucking half and then sprint half the length of the field to foul them?? I'm genuinely interested

I love Gabi but that was fucking brain dead and I'm afraid an accepted norm in this team. The ref actually gave us our fair share of the decisions tonight and Cedric did enough to merit two yellows in the first half alone

As we all thought, not a pretty watch and first goal wins....thankfully it was us

Wolves reminded me of Wenger's Arsenal 2010 to 2017 - why take a shot when 30 passes to oblivion will do. No wonder only Burnley and Norwich have scored less. I'd be banging my fucking head every week watching that. They just need to add Hleb and Ramsey to twirl around and end up back in the same spot!

Gabriel immense tonight!

Throw in’s are technically a dead ball, why didn’t the ref book him then and bring the throw back?

If the ref played advantage then he didn’t single so, and if he did then let’s look at the rules -

“If the referee plays the advantage for an offence for which a caution/sending-off would have been issued had play been stopped, this caution/sending-off must be issued when the ball is next out of play. However, if the offence was denying the opposing team an obvious goal-scoring opportunity, the player is cautioned for unsporting behaviour; if the offence was interfering with or stopping a promising attack, the player is not cautioned.” (source - The FA: https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-go ... misconduct)

So, if it’s a foul, he waved his hands to prevent the throw (yellow card one) and advantage was being played the second incident right after shouldn’t be a red. If he wasn’t playing advantage then why didn’t he pull up the foul at the time of the throw?

Corruption or shit officiating, whatever you want to call it - it shouldn’t have happened.
If Oliver has breached the laws of the game then he should be punished retrospectively and dropped for x number of games

From hearing Peter Walton and the pundits talk afterwards, other incidents in the past (one as recent as last week in Serie A) were cited, so I would have hoped the experts could have pointed out any law infringements if there were some

I'm not the expert. If you're allowed to give two consecutive yellows without pausing the game, then my point is that they are both silly yellows and I understand why they were given. If you're not allowed then a professional referee clearly hasn't done his job and should be treated accordingly
I haven’t heard the post-match analysis so I don’t know if they mentioned it was similar in the sense of it being quick, or whether each player received a two yellows without even knowing they had the first.

Nevertheless, it’s very odd that Oliver didn’t pull the dead ball back or signal he’s playing advantage if he did.
Wouldn’t t be the first time a ref didn’t know the rules …..

If you remember the Pires / Henry pelanty fuck up a few years back the ref gave (Man City ?) a free kick , when it should have been a re-take of the pelanty as the ball didn’t actually rotate once when Pires tickled it.

( still doesn’t excuse them for fucking about mind, or Martinelli’s stupidity )

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:54 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Yeah I noticed it last night - he'd been on a matter of minutes and had that one run near the end where he was able to see out about 30 seconds of time before conceding the goal kick. He looked absolutely fucked afterwards!
Nice new avatar/profile pic by the way mate. Roddaz is going to love it! :D :wink:
How I'd love to see the big man grace the turf one more time. Should be a testimonial- Rodders can dig out the Barry White CDs as we won't be facing Olympiacos for a while :D
One of my favourite players , was criminal how his career was wrecked

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

gooner265 wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:37 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:54 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

One of my favourite players , was criminal how his career was wrecked
Undoubtedly one of the most naturally gifted players we had....that no mark Sunderland prick has a lot to answer for

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:31 am
flash gunner wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:20 am
Tough one tonight. I'm not confident

There is no such thing as being confident when you are a Gooner mate! :wink:

Good to see you back ! :cheers:
Thanks dude and how wrong I was