other matches this weekend - Sean Dyche appreciation thread!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Retro Gunner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:39 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:22 pm
I need to get this out there and make it clear now. I think City will win the league. I have a horrible feeling that spurs will be the club closest to them.

What worries me is if City fuck up for some reason.

What I don’t want in May is everyone telling me that I said the scum would win the league. I can see them being a reasonably close 2nd.

That is it. I hope I’m wrong by 19 league places.
City will put three or four past three scum next weekend. Bindippers will beat them home and away, we will beat them at home as will Manure. City will win the league by 15 points or more.

Bold statements Perry. They certainly perform a lot better than us against the top sides. Hate to say it, but I guarantee their points total against City, L'pool, Chavs and Utd will be far higher than ours.

Next couple of months will tell us a lot. I honestly don't want to be right, I'll be on here cheering if I'm wrong.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:46 pm
I'm afraid for the pant wetters, this weekend will see the hysteria levels hit new heights as the Scum will beat City yet again

Two things you can safely predict about City

1. They will lose to Sperz
2. They will bottle the CL

Both will happen again. But they'll still win the league

Just to reassure the "pant wetters" (it's more a case of pant shitting in late April / early May that worries me), where do you think spurs will end up in the league?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:48 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
I'm afraid for the pant wetters, this weekend will see the hysteria levels hit new heights as the Scum will beat City yet again

Just to reassure the "pant wetters" (it's more a case of pant shitting in late April / early May that worries me), where do you think spurs will end up in the league?
Not sure mate - doubt any higher than last season. Can't see they've added to what they had last season particularly

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Really not liking Aubameyang playing for Chelsea. It’s one of those sights that will annoy me every time I see it… I had a similar reaction every time I saw RVP and Fabregas in rival teams as well. Obviously Cashley too for a long time until he eventually blended in with the other Chav twats.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:16 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Not sure mate - doubt any higher than last season. Can't see they've added to what they had last season particularly

They've bought quite well tbh, but he hasn't played the new boys much as yet. So you're thinking maybe 4th for them.

Where do you reckon we'll finish?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:06 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

They've bought quite well tbh, but he hasn't played the new boys much as yet. So you're thinking maybe 4th for them.

Very hard to gauge isn't it. I'd say this mid-season World Cup is going to throw up some really odd results and outcomes - you could be flying heading into November, then have half your squad involved till the end of the World Cup and come straight back into the mad Christmas period. Conversely, it might be the break some of the smaller teams need and their squads will be less disrupted. I think the end of year and early 2023 matches are going to throw up a lot of strange results and we're going to see a lot of injuries

I still think Liverpool and City will be the top 2

Behind that its really Chavski, the Vermin, Man Ure and ourselves......and I also think Brighton are capable of being this season's "West Ham" and getting into the Europa.

Wouldn't surprise me if we finished 5th or 6th again to be honest. I still find the lack of midfield cover alarming knowing that Partey is a walking injury, and Elneny (his most able deputy) now out for weeks. The unwillingness to sign a proper leader in that position will still come back and haunt us. Zinchencko and Jesus are good additions but as we saw on Sunday, they can't paper over the cracks in leadership and a fragile midfield/backline

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:55 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Very hard to gauge isn't it. I'd say this mid-season World Cup is going to throw up some really odd results and outcomes - you could be flying heading into November, then have half your squad involved till the end of the World Cup and come straight back into the mad Christmas period. Conversely, it might be the break some of the smaller teams need and their squads will be less disrupted. I think the end of year and early 2023 matches are going to throw up a lot of strange results and we're going to see a lot of injuries

Behind that its really Chavski, the Vermin, Man Ure and ourselves......and I also think Brighton are capable of being this season's "West Ham" and getting into the Europa.

Wouldn't surprise me if we finished 5th or 6th again to be honest. I still find the lack of midfield cover alarming knowing that Partey is a walking injury, and Elneny (his most able deputy) now out for weeks. The unwillingness to sign a proper leader in that position will still come back and haunt us. Zinchencko and Jesus are good additions but as we saw on Sunday, they can't paper over the cracks in leadership and a fragile midfield/backline

Yep, agree with almost all that. The only difference is I can see the scum getting 2nd, but no shock if it’s the scousers.

My top 4 prediction at this stage is City, scum, Pool (maybe vice versa) and the Chavs. Think we’ll be 5th / 6th, although if we were to nick 4th, it will be at the expense of the Chavs.

I’d really like to see Brighton get an EL spot. They play some cracking football and if they can finish the no end of chances they create, they’ll more than capable of 5th/6th. I rate the manager very highly. Buys very well and clearly organises and motivates his players. The German Gross is a journeyman from the Bundedliga and is about 31, but he runs the show in midfield and Trossard is a handful up front. The Argentine MacAllister is also looking good and I think he’s only about 23. Lamptey always impresses too.

The problem with the small clubs is they struggle to keep hold of quality players...see how Cucurella was gone after one season.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:08 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Yep, agree with almost all that. The only difference is I can see the scum getting 2nd, but no shock if it’s the scousers.

My top 4 prediction at this stage is City, scum, Pool (maybe vice versa) and the Chavs. Think we’ll be 5th / 6th, although if we were to nick 4th, it will be at the expense of the Chavs.

I’d really like to see Brighton get an EL spot. They play some cracking football and if they can finish the no end of chances they create, they’ll more than capable of 5th/6th. I rate the manager very highly. Buys very well and clearly organises and motivates his players. The German Gross is a journeyman from the Bundedliga and is about 31, but he runs the show in midfield and Trossard is a handful up front. The Argentine MacAllister is also looking good and I think he’s only about 23. Lamptey always impresses too.

The problem with the small clubs is they struggle to keep hold of quality players...see how Cucurella was gone after one season.
If we wanted a manager to operate on a fraction of the leading clubs budgets but still play decent football and be competitive, I'd struggle to think of anyone better than Potter. They've coped admirably with the likes of White, Bissouma and Cucurella leaving and like you say getting a tune out of the likes of Gross and even Welbeck. The keeper looks decent too

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:29 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

If we wanted a manager to operate on a fraction of the leading clubs budgets but still play decent football and be competitive, I'd struggle to think of anyone better than Potter. They've coped admirably with the likes of White, Bissouma and Cucurella leaving and like you say getting a tune out of the likes of Gross and even Welbeck. The keeper looks decent too
In fairness White leaving probably improved them. :wink:

Superb quote tower lads. Keep up the good work. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Dammnit double double click :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:57 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

:high5:

Yes, I have been very impressed with Graham Potter, he has kind of sneaked under the radar till now, but by the very fact that Brighton play entertaining but solid football on what I would assume is a relatively low budget for the Prem, he is becoming 'noticed' and I would reckon that one of the bigger clubs would be looking to him should they sack their manager... mentioning no names of course.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:00 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Yes, I have been very impressed with Graham Potter, he has kind of sneaked under the radar till now, but by the very fact that Brighton play entertaining but solid football on what I would assume is a relatively low budget for the Prem, he is becoming 'noticed' and I would reckon that one of the bigger clubs would be looking to him should they sack their manager... mentioning no names of course.
It took me about half an hour to scroll down this tower 8) Absolute class :barscarf: For what it's worth o reckon well be 5th or 6th,if we had a better manager we would get top 4 though.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:14 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

It took me about half an hour to scroll down this tower 8) Absolute class :barscarf: For what it's worth o reckon well be 5th or 6th,if we had a better manager we would get top 4 though.
This is the view from the top of the Tallest Quote Tower in the World...I reckon we can beat this! :D :barscarf:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:00 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

This is the view from the top of the Tallest Quote Tower in the World...I reckon we can beat this! :D :barscarf:

DB's comment made me laugh and is probably accurate and I could have just put this comment under his post. However, that wouldn't have extended the QT would it? :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

falkirk goon wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

:lol:

I actually got a cramp in my finger scrolling this bad boy. :lol: :barscarf: