ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
bergkamp10

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by bergkamp10 »

gooner265 wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:27 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:38 am
This Mudryk deal is seeming like a PR stunt. We are yet again pissing around with lowball offers knowing they would never be accepted and now rumours are that Chelsea will blow any Arsenal offer out of the water. Rather than moving on and buying someone else we will wait for him to sign for Chelsea and claim we were trying to be active in the window. The club are full of shit.
70 million is hardly a low ball offer, as if we would create bids as a pr stunt, Ive heard some conspiracy theories on here before but that's just ridiculous.
70M is way too much for this player.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:54 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:03 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:37 pm
I hope Mudryk is 50 times better than
Antony because that guy is dogshit and they paid a good 50m too much for him!!!!
You mean to tell me that you're not wowed by his wee 360 turns?
I used to be able to do that when I was on the booze years ago. 360. 180. Piss everywhere bro. 8)
I still do..... however these days it is age related :oops:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

beck wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:41 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:17 pm
We either get Mudryk now or we never do. If we wait until summer, someone else will get him who is willing to pay 80-85m for him.
The management at Arsenal (I think Arteta already knows this but it's those above him who need to open their eyes), need to consider what is likely to happen if we don't bring new quality faces in this window. You have to look at the Brighton game and last night, we had nothing on the bench of quality in midfield or attack (in Arteta's eyes). We could still miss out on top 4, if we lost 3 out of the next 4 games, we could be in 4th place by the end of Jan and shitting our pants yet again. What we have achieved up to now is amazing considering how weak our squad is, and we haven't even restarted the Europa league games yet!! We need 3 good players coming in this window really but I'm just not sure the board are that willing to back the squad strengthening.
If we never took another point in January the worst we could be by the end of it is 2nd
Not the time to spread bollocks
Time to say we took a point against a much improved side. We go again
its perfectly realistic.

We have done very well but have had a nice fixture list, our toughest test starts now and the squad is paper thin. Jesus injured we have no other options. Partey injured or otherwise unavailable? we are fooked completely.

One bad run and we are back squabbling for 4th again. the season is very young.

We are all delighted (well most of us!) by where we find ourselves and how well we have done, but a dose of realism dictates caution, especially given how stretched we are. We simply must add a couple of quality additions to maintain things for top 4 let alone title tilt. I think the manager knows this and he has won me around, but i'm not sure the drive above him is there to achieve it.

Ignoring the position we find ourselves in the above is a must. Factoring that in we really should double down as we are in a fantastic position that we might not be in for a while again, and its a golden opportunity to really give the title a good go even if ahead of schedule.

I'm not panicking over Newcastle, we played quite well and were robbed by officials, i write this had we won, we simply need more quality depth.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:12 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:09 pm
I am hearing the word…. Zaha….

:rubchin:

Are you sure it wasn't Ahhhh Haaaaa! ? :D
id take him on the cheap for a couple of seasons. Hes decent knows the league and is better than what we have on the bench currently.

I dont trust bobbys rumours! :) but would welcome this one (for a small fee), but i simply dont understand why anyone would join chelsea currently, their transfer policy is all over the place and seems to have zero stratgey let alone tactics. Potter is out of his depth and they have so much dead wood including most of who they signed in the summer, auba, sterling, koulabily, they made a big mistake getting rid of tuchel and are fooked governance wise without the fit russian bird and helmet head, just signing random players who dont fit. they will be mid table at best, i dont see mudryk signing for them even if they have a bid accepted.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Youri Tielemans set to be sold after failing to agree a contract extension with Arsenal alert to the situation. #afc

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:00 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:12 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:09 pm
I am hearing the word…. Zaha….

:rubchin:

Are you sure it wasn't Ahhhh Haaaaa! ? :D
id take him on the cheap for a couple of seasons. Hes decent knows the league and is better than what we have on the bench currently.

I dont trust bobbys rumours! :) but would welcome this one (for a small fee), but i simply dont understand why anyone would join chelsea currently, their transfer policy is all over the place and seems to have zero stratgey let alone tactics. Potter is out of his depth and they have so much dead wood including most of who they signed in the summer, auba, sterling, koulabily, they made a big mistake getting rid of tuchel and are fooked governance wise without the fit russian bird and helmet head, just signing random players who dont fit. they will be mid table at best, i dont see mudryk signing for them even if they have a bid accepted.

No one does mate, but it keeps him happy to think we do! :lol: :wink: :wink:

What is irksome is that Unai wanted Aaaahh Haaa! and he got Pepe... I mean WTF! Were they thinking??? £72million spunked down the bog for someone who walks around like he's high on the best ganja money can buy.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

My info is generally tip top.

Xhaka to Roma - was concrete info way before it was even in the press. Ron just wouldn’t stink the money.
Tierney - long injury. Again I told you days before it hit the press.
Vardy to Arsenal - told you before it hit the press. He turned us down though.
Zaha - he is the back up to Mudryk apparently.
Melo - we did want him. He went to Liverpool as we blew Champions’ League.

It’s not my fault Arsenal very often don’t do the deal. Or the player turns us down due to our own shortcomings.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:10 am

Xhaka to Roma - was concrete info way before it was even in the press. Ron just wouldn’t stink the money.

It’s not my fault Arsenal very often don’t do the deal. Or the player turns us down due to our own shortcomings.
A prick like vardy turning us down was a real low point for the club

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:19 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:

It was like some dirty skank like Jordan or Kerry Katona telling you at a 30 man stag party that you had the only cock she wasn't going to suck that night. Insulting and embarrassing as hell. :oops: :lol:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:46 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

It was like some dirty skank like Jordan or Kerry Katona telling you at a 30 man stag party that you had the only cock she wasn't going to suck that night. Insulting and embarrassing as hell. :oops: :lol:
You as well ?

:shock:

thought it was only me that happened to :oops:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

His loss, he has won an FA cup since, so have we 🏆
He would have had far bigger wages and lifestyle

Plus we didn’t have him playing for us which is a real bonus.

Midz

Post by Midz »

So have we bought this Murdritch or Mudrrink Puta yet or what?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:48 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

You as well ?

:lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:48 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

You as well ?

Yeah! But at least you didn't catch anything! :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sauce BBQ:

Mudryk is split between joining Chelsea, who have offered to outbid any rival, and London rivals Arsenal. (Sun)

Arsenal will not be drawn into a bidding war with Chelsea for Mudryk and will step up their plans to sign Portugal forward Joao Felix, 23, from Atletico Madrid. (Telegraph)

Gunners boss Mikel Arteta is pushing for the club to sign both Mudryk and Felix in the January transfer window. (Mirror)