ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:44 am
the playing mantis wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:25 am
Rather more concerning is it seems we clealry have no plan b and have 0 interest in a dm or striker...I'm staggered we are leaving ourselves short in January again especially given the unique opportunity we have this season. We didnt learn last season and I just see history repeating itself. Especially having to play the Europe too. 0 plan b for mudryk let alone a dm is crazy. Don't blame the kroenkes money is there.

I don't for one minute belive raphina was plan b, despite struggling so far he ai t gonna leave barca after half a season.

Please not trossard as he's not good enough but Zaha could fill a wide and fed role and would be cheap.
Brighton got a couple of terrific midfield players...Caciendos and McAllister....but yes would not go for Trossard....or Vlahovic from Juventus for that matter
Haciendas, Mcallister and Savic would be very good signings... Just one for the midfield to see us through the remainder of this season please!

I to have my suspicions about the timing of the Declan Rice leak! :? Suddenly Arsenal let slip they are intending to make an £80million bid In the fucking Summer! :roll: Okay so there's every chance the shammers will be relegated (please Please! PLEASE!) and so he will be willing to leave and if he doesn't have to move house etc etc all good.

Midz

Post by Midz »

January 18th and still no signings.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

unbelievable to think that we have been in a title race all season and yet come January and we havent signed anyone to help us get over the line come May!!

this is 2016 all over again. The club never learns. The ambition is not there like it used to be to win the very top honours in the game.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The manager and team have done brilliantly so far this season, and very very few true Gooners thought we'd be where we are now after last season's complete collapse debacle.

It would be criminal of Arteta or Edu or the owners or board or whoever the fuck is really making the calls to try and get through the second half of this season with the squad we have.

If they did that, and it went to shit, then some fuckers would have to get sacked. :box:

We have a real opportunity here. The victims*, chavs, scum and citeh are not at the races (but probably will be next season) leaving only manure and (so far) us as real title contenders. Let's not fucking blow it please. :|

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:00 pm
The manager and team have done brilliantly so far this season, and very very few true Gooners thought we'd be where we are now after last season's complete collapse debacle.

It would be criminal of Arteta or Edu or the owners or board or whoever the fuck is really making the calls to try and get through the second half of this season with the squad we have.

If they did that, and it went to shit, then some fuckers would have to get sacked. :box:

We have a real opportunity here. The victims*, chavs, scum and citeh are not at the races (but probably will be next season) leaving only manure and (so far) us as real title contenders. Let's not fucking blow it please. :|
I guess much will depend on when Jesus returns ( By Easter for sure)
Very little coming out from the club on his expected return date other than he is back in the gym

Seen a link today to the Dane, Jesper Blomquist, pacy winger, uses both feet, would be good cover for either flank and relatively cheap…leaving plenty in the pot for 1 other signing to push us on to the end of the season 🔴⚪️🔴⚪️🏆

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:20 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:00 pm

I guess much will depend on when Jesus returns ( By Easter for sure)
Very little coming out from the club on his expected return date other than he is back in the gym

Seen a link today to the Dane, Jesper Blomquist, pacy winger, uses both feet, would be good cover for either flank and relatively cheap…leaving plenty in the pot for 1 other signing to push us on to the end of the season 🔴⚪️🔴⚪️🏆
Isn't he 48 and retired :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Stuart L think this is the guy you meant

Arsenal are interested in signing the Eintracht Frankfurt winger Jesper Lindström this January transfer window. It is understood that a transfer fee of €20m is the price the Bundesliga club would want to allow the player to move to the Emirates. #AFC #COYG 🔴⚪️

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:06 pm
Stuart L think this is the guy you meant

Arsenal are interested in signing the Eintracht Frankfurt winger Jesper Lindström this January transfer window. It is understood that a transfer fee of €20m is the price the Bundesliga club would want to allow the player to move to the Emirates. #AFC #COYG 🔴⚪️
Ah, yes probably…..
I’m on holiday, on the rum and tequila so hopefully can be forgiven ? 🧉🍹☀️🌮🤪

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

When I see players that we are linked to for £88m who aren't worth it, I think back to the players we signed over the years that made THE difference. 1988 Brian Marwood, 1990, Anders Limpar, 1997 Emmanuel Petit and 2001 Sol Campbell. Apart from Sol the others were good solid professionals and like we got in the summer, I think that is what we need now in this window, a Ward-Prowse, Troussad, Tielemans or Toney, good solid players that won't cost the earth but will make the difference

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal have opened talks to sign Leandro Trossard from Brighton, negotiations are advanced with official bid ready for permanent move. 🚨⚪️🔴 #AFC

Personal terms already agreed — talks will continue to get deal done soon.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If you can source exceptional talent from elsewhere then absolutely go for it but signing established premier league players for the most part is the way to go for me when it comes to improving the squad. There's a premium involved in this strategy for sure but the rewards can be big - we'd have won the league if we'd fronted up and signed Suarez for example :roll:

Ramsdale, White, Zinchenko, Jesus. They know the league, the rough and tumble comes as no surprise to them, there's no adjustment period and they've all helped improve us massively. Trossard. Tielemens, Declan Rice (even though I've slated him on here recently :shock: ) are the types of players I'd rather take a punt on if we are to splurge some cash than spunk the lot away on some unproven player from the Ukranian pubbers league which is a massive risk.

Following this strategy means the chances of the player going on to be a success with us are much higher but this obviously comes with a serious health warning of actually signing the right profile player - Side show, helmet head, Willian etc. :suicide:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:37 am
EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal have opened talks to sign Leandro Trossard from Brighton, negotiations are advanced with official bid ready for permanent move. 🚨⚪️🔴 #AFC

This shit really pisses me off. Why can't we do anything privately, every transfer is done in the public which allows other clubs to come in for the player. Have to laugh at the "get deal done soon" line, even if we sign him, we'll haggle up until the end of this month. The only transfer we ever had that was straightforward was Ozil, signed him within a day.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Breaking news

Chelsea have bid 100m for Trossard

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BFG4 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:25 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:37 am

This shit really pisses me off. Why can't we do anything privately, every transfer is done in the public which allows other clubs to come in for the player. Have to laugh at the "get deal done soon" line, even if we sign him, we'll haggle up until the end of this month. The only transfer we ever had that was straightforward was Ozil, signed him within a day.
True mate, but look how that turned out...

It is the agents that are the problem, they say they are 'in it for the player' but They don't just try and negotiate for the best Fee & Terms; which I guess is their job, but they also expect to be paid handsomely by both clubs in any deal, hence they are some of the lowest scum bags on the planet.

Unlike other agents such as for a writer or actor who take their 20% - 25% commission from any deal, usually at the clients expense.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Told you about Trossard days ago…