ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Stuart L (2)

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Stuart L (2) »

BFG4 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:07 am
I'm glad to be wrong about us getting this deal over the line. The funny thing is that as much as I would love to have signed Mudryk, we don't know how long it could take him to settle into the league where as Trossard is PL proven. If we get one or two more signings in and get Jesus back fit, we have a decent squad for the run in.
I agree, BFG4, I was really excited about Mudryk, disappointed we didn’t get him but, would signing him have used all our £
If we get in 3 players, in much needed positions for the same money 💰 then that improves the squad more than 1 potential superstar, who in 2 seasons time might be considered a big flop.

I’m not sure Chelsea is a club to nurture, a youngster who may be overawed with life in London away from his home country, while with us Zinchenko would have been an older brother for him.

ESR, Trossard, Vieira, suddenly gives us a few options and Jesus the cherry in top (still no word on dates yet for him )

Come on you Gunners :barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I’m told Jakub Kiwior can play at both LCB and defensive midfield. Has even operated as a central midfielder in the past.

They’ve done their homework on a player described to me as “one of the best CBs in Serie A from the past 18 months.”

Seems a bit of a coup this.

Arsenal correspondent with Football London

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Never heard of this polish guy but by all accounts he is very solid, only 22 and played every game for the Poles at the world cup. They were excellent defensively. Sounds like a very astute but as backup for Gaby Mag.

We have the Europa league starting again soon so the new guys should get some good game time. Just need cover for Partey unless we really are going balls deep for Rice in the summer?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal and Spezia have just signed the documents/contracts for Jakub Kiwior deal. Sealed between clubs few mins ago. ⚪️🔴✍🏻🇵🇱 #AFC

Kiwior will fly to London with his agent to complete the medical tests and then sign the contract until June 2028.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:10 am
Trossard is decent, but woud have prefered Mc Alister from Brighton

The manager seemed to get Trossard out quickly, could be an issue :rubchin:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Happy with the Trossard signing. Always been impressed with him at Brighton, tricky player who also knows where the goal is. Also seems to have a bit of a spiky edge as well, which I like in a player.

As others have said, comes with PL experience and given the mental transfer fees nowadays, looks like a good value for money signing. Good addition to the squad imo.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:08 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:32 am
Anyone know who the Moroccan CDM plays for? He had an excellent world cup and might be relatively cheap :rubchin:

The bald CDM plays for Fiorentina and would be a quality signing imo

Agree with both of you. Impressed with this bloke at the WC and thought at the time that we could do a lot worse. Mind you, it ties in with my fantasies about replacing Xhaka, which we all know ain’t happening anytime soon. :(

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:32 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:10 am
Trossard is decent, but woud have prefered Mc Alister from Brighton

The manager seemed to get Trossard out quickly, could be an issue :rubchin:
As long as he's only a problem 6 months before his contract runs out ...as was the situation at Brighton...and is boosted by being at a top club he shouldn't be a problem.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:41 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:07 am
I'm glad to be wrong about us getting this deal over the line. The funny thing is that as much as I would love to have signed Mudryk, we don't know how long it could take him to settle into the league where as Trossard is PL proven. If we get one or two more signings in and get Jesus back fit, we have a decent squad for the run in.
I agree, BFG4, I was really excited about Mudryk, disappointed we didn’t get him but, would signing him have used all our £
If we get in 3 players, in much needed positions for the same money 💰 then that improves the squad more than 1 potential superstar, who in 2 seasons time might be considered a big flop.

I’m not sure Chelsea is a club to nurture, a youngster who may be overawed with life in London away from his home country, while with us Zinchenko would have been an older brother for him.

ESR, Trossard, Vieira, suddenly gives us a few options and Jesus the cherry in top (still no word on dates yet for him )

Come on you Gunners :barscarf: :barscarf:
Especially if a couple of us stalk him and make life difficult to settle into! :mrgreen: What?? just saying. :lol:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Arsenal speaking to Madrid trying to o get Camavinga on loan

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 4626.html

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Arsenal are interested in a loan move for Eduardo Camavinga during current transfer window.

Unclear if Real Madrid would sanction it, but player has struggled for minutes recently.

Declan Rice still No1 summer target for midfield. - https://twitter.com/sr_collings/status/ ... vdUIkPDKpA

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:25 pm
augie wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Anyone know who the Moroccan CDM plays for? He had an excellent world cup and might be relatively cheap :rubchin:

Agree with both of you. Impressed with this bloke at the WC and thought at the time that we could do a lot worse. Mind you, it ties in with my fantasies about replacing Xhaka, which we all know ain’t happening anytime soon. :(
You just had to piss on everyones chips didn't you :roll: :wink:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Getting Eduardo Camavinga in any kind of signing during this transfer window would be a massive statement.

He was immense off the bench during their CL run last season.

Mouth watering 🤤🤤

Happy with Trossard too, multi functional and is up to pace in the League. Will want to show that he's ready for the next level

Never heard of the Polish guy but need bodies for the squad moving forward.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Trossard is a decent player - I remember mentioning his name a couple of weeks ago when we played Brighton as a player we should be looking at. He's a player that loves playing a quick one two & can also score. Good cover for our two wide players up front. Now we need cover for Party. We'd be fucked without him !. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:19 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:25 pm
augie wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

You just had to piss on everyones chips didn't you :roll: :wink:

:lol: :lol:
Yeah, sorry Muzz. Like many of us on here, I honestly believe that if we got shot of that hopeless dud and replaced him with even an average, but dependable workhorse, it would make us so much better. If we replaced him with a top quality centre mid, then I honestly believe that we could seriously compete at the very top level. Add a 20+ a season centre forward and there'd be no stopping us.

Still, I have to be positive with today's news. I've rated Trossard at Brighton and we've got him for a keen price imo. Don't know anything about the Polish centre half, but reviews seem good and it's a good feeling to see us actively doing something and building a side.

I was as big a detractor of Arteta as anyone on here and I'd have sacked him at the end of last season (I'll still maintain that a club of our level should never appoint a novice and wouldn't want to see it again), but I'll very happily eat my words if we finish the season strongly. As much as I'd love to see us win the league, getting 2nd behind City would still be a huge achievement from where we were last May. At long last...and I mean since the Invincibles in 2004....I can see a club with a clear plan and building towards a successful future. It's a nice feeling.

Up The Gunners!!