ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:32 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:44 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:30 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:11 pm
(🌗)Arsenal have reportedly made Federico Chiesa their priority transfer target, for the remainder of the window @CMercatoWeb
While that would be something; we don’t need another winger, Italians usually bitch out of leaving Italy, and I can’t see us spunking the money on him, especially when we need a cm.
I’d view this as more likely a smokescreen to send people on a wild goose chase, while we quietly get on with our real target.

By the way we h a e been linked with Brighton’s Caicedo

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... zqD4gj3D-T

Who, obviously, is also linked with Chelsea…..

We can’t / won’t sign him and Rice too, so it may well be a case of we get one and Chelsea get the other

I don’t watch much of other teams, so do all the knowledgeable folk on here have a preference and why ?

Times like this is when properly run big clubs stand out from the pack and act like they should, but it wont happen for us I'm afraid :cry:

Instead of wasting time fcuking about chasing second rate talent (rice and everton guy) or trying to negotiate with a club like brighton who are excellent at squeezing every last penny from desperate buying clubs, we should imo go in balls deep for Camavinga - reality is that madrid are gonna make huge effort to sign Bellingham in summer and Camavinga who is getting fcuk all game time now, will get even less then. Rumours today suggest that madrid are gonna offer Camavinga in the deal to sign Bellingham, so imo we should either (a) try to sign Camavinga on loan now with obligation to buy outright in the summer or (b) look under the cushions in the boardroom and scrap the money together to sign him fully now.

There are signings and there are signings that can define your club and where it is going, and for me Camavinga is a massive game changing signing - I know mudryk looked impressive in his 20 min cameo against the victims, but Camavinga would be a far better signing for AFC and if we were willing to spend 80m+ on a winger, then we shouldnt hesitate to spend it on one of the best young midfielders in world football right now. To drop our gaze from a player like him to a second rate rice would be heartbreaking - the price tags might be similar but that is where the similarities end, and no way would rice be referred to as anything above 40m if he was welsh or scottish (or if he was still Irish :wink: )

Said this on here a few days ago. Rice isn't a bad palyer, but he's a big fish in a very small pond and 40 million is more than enough for him, even in today's mad market. Plenty out there who I'm sure we could get for 40 mill who would be better and as for the 80+ million mentioned for Rice, it would be nuts. We could get a world class player for that price. The Hammers will want a fortune for Rice, so let Chelsea pay it.

As for Camavinga, I don't know enough to comment, but if he's as good as Augie says, then I agree with pushing the boat out to get him now. If we can't then Caciedo looks useful, but again, that's an awful lot of money for him. If we could pick up Onana from the Toffees in this window for a reasonable sum, then I'd do so. It wouldn't prevent us going after a top name in the Summer. However, with a handful of days left in the window to find a replacement, I can't see that Everton are in a position to sell anyone.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

80million for Rice would be idiocy. He's a good player but certainly not a great player. 30 to 40million I'd say yeah take a punt. But 80? Please do off and fuck. :roll:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:39 pm
80million for Rice would be idiocy. He's a good player but certainly not a great player. 30 to 40million I'd say yeah take a punt. But 80? Please do off and fuck. :roll:
Another over rated Ingerlish/Oirish player :wink:
We've seen it all before Wileshite, Grealish, can't be bothered to think of the names of the hundreds that have gone before!
Add to that he is an arsehole?
Please no, we don't need this dud!

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

If we get Rice this is a player who would stay 5 years.

Locotelli is a player who would want to leave after one or two seasons. Zubimendi will attract Real Madrid/Barcelona interest eventually.

I can see Rice as a genuine target. Recall Patino, sell Lokonga and next season we could have Partey, Xhaka, Rice, Patino as midfield options among the 6 & 8 roles.

Would we be overpaying due to the English tax, yes. But we cant avoid it. Its not just about ability and quality, its also about if they are a fit for the team. Rice could also play the more advanced Xhaka role and single pivot Partey.

If we added him to our midfield rivals should shit

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Genuinely don't think we've seen half of what Declan Rice is capable of, especially this season when he's been left isolated as the sole DM. If we do get him for anything less than £80m then we've done well. I like this player and been suggesting he'd be ideal for our midfield for a couple of seasons.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

The caveat i'd put on Rice is that he is not worth £80M under Moyes, however he could be under a better Manager and i get the feeling Arteta potentially could get much more out of him, additionally think of the players around him currently compared to those he'd be playing with :rubchin:

As with most players it would be a gamble and there are better players out there however how available they are and whether they'd be in our price range or not i dont know. Personally i think Camavinga would be unobtainable for various reasons although i'd probably prefer him, as for Onana i've not seen enough to make a fair assessment however with the position his team are in although he might be cheap he at least is partially responsible for where they are

On a side note the whole thing with Chelsea is interesting, if i were the Kroenkes i'd be playing games with Boehly, rich American businessmen are often known for their attempts at oneupmanship and if the Kroenkes could put their egos to one side they could devastate Chavski's finances :wink:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Just look at Camavinga’s cameos in the CL, especially the final to see what he’s all about. Absolute baller.

Though, Rice is a better and somewhat proven asset plus comes with that English tax so his price will be quite hefty.

Toss up but I’d prefer Camavinga but he’s not a stay back CDM and anchor. He will be the Xhaka role rather than the Partey role.

We need to replace partey in case he gets injured. Rice is the best one to suit that role.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Just look at Camavinga’s cameos in the CL, especially the final to see what he’s all about. Absolute baller.

Though, Rice is a better and somewhat proven asset plus comes with that English tax so his price will be quite hefty.

Toss up but I’d prefer Camavinga but he’s not a stay back CDM and anchor. He will be the Xhaka role rather than the Partey role.

We need to replace partey in case he gets injured. Rice is the best one to suit that role.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal face fight if they want to land Moises Caicedo this month.

Brighton determined to keep him this month - and under no financial pressure to sell (just got £26m for Trossard) & player publicly said settled.

Would have to be club record sale.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Arsenal are close to completing the signing of 20yo DM, Ibrahima Bamba from Portuguese side, Vitória S.C. [Via - @JornalNoticias].

No idea who this kid is :?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:36 pm
Arsenal are close to completing the signing of 20yo DM, Ibrahima Bamba from Portuguese side, Vitória S.C. [Via - @JornalNoticias].

Did Wenger sign him??

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Rice is the best proper DM in the PL. He's everywhere and simply a monster in defence. Always gives 120%. I'd love us to get him.

70-80m for Caceido? I've never seen him have a good game
Over 60m for a 30yo Casemiro? No thanks
Camavinga,? Great player, albeit inconsistent, would cost over 80m and would want to leave in 2 years.

Rice would be a superb signing.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

gooner265 wrote:

Found this on YT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHpglX2EEFU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaAjPbdzivA

Midz

Post by Midz »

He looks good in the clips but you can't really be sure until you see him play properly. Fingers crossed he's a winner.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

gooner265 wrote:

Would maybe point to being a gap filler this season, leaving the £ for a summer signing of Rice / Caicedo?

Hey ho, I’ll leave the decision making to those that seem to know, they e not done too bad so far have they ?