Citeh A Weds 26th Apr KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: Citeh A Weds 26th Apr KO 8pm

Post by BFG4 »

When we were on a great run(pre Liverpool) I thought this would be one I'd be buzzing for as the biggest game of the season but it's now just an acceptance of the inevitable that we are losing this(possibly in a humiliation). In order to win tonight, we would need a huge adjustment tactically but I don't think Arteta is capable of it. On top of that, with Holding in at CB, it's a nightmare waiting to happen. Throw in Partey being dogshit in midfield lately and having Xhaka alongside him and we are truly fucked. 4-0 City :(

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

BFG4 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:32 am
When we were on a great run(pre Liverpool) I thought this would be one I'd be buzzing for as the biggest game of the season but it's now just an acceptance of the inevitable that we are losing this(possibly in a humiliation). In order to win tonight, we would need a huge adjustment tactically but I don't think Arteta is capable of it. On top of that, with Holding in at CB, it's a nightmare waiting to happen. Throw in Partey being dogshit in midfield lately and having Xhaka alongside him and we are truly fucked. 4-0 City :(
after Vieira's performance last Friday i will be actually relieved to see Xhaka back tonight!
I still want the swiss :censored: gone this summer though. We will never win the league with him at the club.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

BFG4 wrote:
These are my thoughts/fears aswell BFG :cry: I fear a savage and heavy beating :cry: I think they'll go 3 or 4 up then they'll toy with us like a cat with a bird it's caught in the back garden :(

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Ah well this is it eh ,

I actually take some comfort in the fact that tonight we will know for sure our destiny , one way or another.

First person to say “we still have a chance” if we are beaten is getting slapped. :barscarf:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

We’ve already blown it against West Ham and Southampton. Total waste of a season.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Can't bring myself to watch it tonight, will have phone on airplane mode and check score at H/T.
The one thing that gives me hope, is that we are capable, if at our best, no stupid mistakes and take our chances if they come.
Shiteh do have a history of making things difficult for themselves, so just maybe they will stutter tonight.
Heart says 0-2
Head says 4-0
I don't want a draw as it would only prolong the agony.
COYG!!!!!!!!

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I really hope Arteta ditches his inverted full-back strategy tonight, it really calls for three at the back with KT playing the same role he has done for Scotland in recent games, notably against Spain. Otherwise Holding will get spit roasted by Haaland, in a flat back 4 with Zin going walkies. We played this way against City in the cup a few years back and turned them over.

I don't expect anything from tonight, maybe a draw if we are lucky, but looking at the bigger picture it's nice to be at the top table in football again.

It's up to the owners to ensure that we strengthen enough this summer to make sure we remain competitive.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:31 am
We’ve already blown it against West Ham and Southampton. Total waste of a season.
Harsh, its painful to see us getting caught in this way but we are still 1st. If I had come into this forum on the 1st of September and said we would be top in the last week of April, I would have been laughed out of town.

Up to the owners now, to show the ambition to plug the squad gaps that have been exposed in the last few weeks.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:40 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Harsh, its painful to see us getting caught in this way but we are still 1st. If I had come into this forum on the 1st of September and said we would be top in the last week of April, I would have been laughed out of town.

Up to the owners now, to show the ambition to plug the squad gaps that have been exposed in the last few weeks.

Hold on now, and I aint standing up for kroenke's cos I hate the c.unts, but dont put this collapse on them - they have backed arteta more than any manager has been in AFC for decades. They are not the one's on the pitch losing their balls and hiding. You talk about squad gaps being exposed, but who or where ? Yes Saliba is a massive loss, but after that is there another squad gap ? Jesus, odeargod, zinchenko and vieira are players brought in by this manager within the past 12 months, and they are the one's (along with xhaka of course) that have capitulated the most in the last few weeks. Is arteta going to buy to replace those players ? No chance. You might argue that a lot of his first choice players are tired, but then I'll ask why hasnt he rested them ? He has players on the bench to cover all the above named players, but he doesnt seem to rate smith-rowe and tierney and nelson, and why he bought jorginho I dont know cos after starting with us well, now he gets fcuk all game time despite the shitiness of partey, xhaka and odeargod and vieira :roll:
With the exception of saliba we have a fully fit first 11 available for last few weeks, so I would suggest that squad depth isnt the issue - imo you either blame the lack of belief arteta has in the substitutes, or you point the finger at the starters he bought who are not at the required level. Blaming the owners for this collapse is like something the manure fans would do

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

i shouldnt watch but i will......like some weird car crash fetish i cant shake.

I dont think it'll take long to be dismantled here......Pep might have pity and put on ze leetle beet handbrake after 20 minutes when theyre gone 3 up......i hope.

I just cant see us getting anything...i want to ......i just cant.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:52 am
Still got that feeling that we're going to win this tonight. Don't know why, just think we'll win it.

Pssst Perry.....I've got a bridge in London that's up for sale if you're interested?

:) :wink:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:32 am
Can't bring myself to watch it tonight, will have phone on airplane mode and check score at H/T.
The one thing that gives me hope, is that we are capable, if at our best, no stupid mistakes and take our chances if they come.
Shiteh do have a history of making things difficult for themselves, so just maybe they will stutter tonight.
Heart says 0-2
Head says 4-0
I don't want a draw as it would only prolong the agony.
COYG!!!!!!!!
The thing is Sid is we’re not even playing that badly,in spells we’re brilliant but it’s the mistakes that are still costing us,the individual errors we got away with at the beginning of the season are now costing goals,the swagger seemed to drain away after the Victims game,maybe it’s all down to Saliba not being there I don’t know,like you said at least we’ll know one way or the other tonight whether we’re the real deal or not

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:56 am
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:52 am
Still got that feeling that we're going to win this tonight. Don't know why, just think we'll win it.

Pssst Perry.....I've got a bridge in London that's up for sale if you're interested?

:) :wink:
Can it play instead of Holding?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:49 am
BFG4 wrote:
These are my thoughts/fears aswell BFG :cry: I fear a savage and heavy beating :cry: I think they'll go 3 or 4 up then they'll toy with us like a cat with a bird it's caught in the back garden :(

Love your turn of phrase Falky, it makes me laugh even when it's not supposed to. You have a way with words my Caledonian friend...the Rabbie Burns of the OG. :barscarf: