Citeh A Weds 26th Apr KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Sean

Re: Citeh A Weds 26th Apr KO 8pm

Post by Sean »

Well that's that :suicide:

Now it was BT Sport's turn to torture us with the use of a woman commentator; and she talks so much. I also see that Rodders' bird, Lynsey Hipgrave has abandoned her 'broadcaster accent' for her natural Geordie one.

It just took the pimped oil money club until the 7th minute to score against us. Pressure off, at least. I noticed some of their plastics were wearing half and half scarves. Wànkers.

It's a shame that Ramsdale seems to have reached Szczesny levels of unreliability in these past few games. Though he and the team had a better time of it, surviving a few good Citeh chances to ostensibly keep us in the game (lol), until that devastating second goal at the end of the first half, which was ruled onside by VAR. Game over.

Then we go 3-0 down and Arteta breaks the sanctified tradition of the 70th minute substitution by putting Trossard and Jorginho on fifteen minutes early. Our away support started singing up with 'Oh Arsenal, we love you', for a little while; reminiscent of the singing during that infamous 8-2 at Old Trafford that should have ended TOF's tenure once and for all. It's a shame that our side could not give our support in the ground a decent performance to watch. The rest of the game faded into irrelevancy, other than Holding's consolation goal and Citeh making it 4-1 to complete a shit night.

Well, at least we have The Be All and End All next season; for the first time since 2017. Panathinaikos (damn it, no Olympiakos, SteveO!) and an Ro16 Bayern brownholing here we come!

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Beat the chavs just so we can laugh at Fat Frank, barcodes is irrelevant as them winning probably stops the scum getting anywhere near 4th place, no idea what will happen with Brighton, Forest and Wolves.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Just when any hope of salvaging any ounce of pride comes along

Played 12
Lost 12
Scored 5
Conceded 33

This isn't Norwich, Palace, Burnley, Bournemouth or Everton (they drew there this season) we are talking about. This is a team who will be in next season's CL, who can't lay a glove on them, play the same way against them and shit their pants against them as much now as Wenger's 2016 pussies

10 years on from Wenger's Calendar Year Champions, this team have the same characteristics. Back then it was all about our promising youngsters too - Wilshere, Walcott Gibbs, Ramsey etc. All they needed was time. Next season would be the one. Add a couple of players here and there.

10 years later and it's no different

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Zinchenko is Xhaka mk II

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:56 pm
goonersid wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:51 pm
So the dream ends tonight as many of us feared it would and some on here (no names) hoped it would!
Funny how they went missing on here when we even had the TV pundits convinced we could win it!
We've had a fantastic season!
Anyone on this forum whilst absolutely gutted, who can't be proud of the team this season, then , you need to take a reality check!
And to those (no names) who are delighted by tonights result AND YES YOU FUCKING ARE!
Just fuck off from this Arsenal Fans forum!
You know who you are !
And in case you don't !
Ah fuck it! I won't lower myself!
It wasn't tonight so much, it was the WH & Southampton games that did for us. We could have even got away with the Anfield draw, it was the next 2 games that absolutely derailed us.
I know that, but we've still had a season which exceeded our initial expectations and then probably didn't live up to what we dreamed of!
You could also point out the Everton game, but whilst I'm fucking crestfallen, I'm still proud of what we've done!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

City are 25 points better than us, how the fuck we are competing with them for title is beyond me.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:56 pm
goonersid wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:51 pm
So the dream ends tonight as many of us feared it would and some on here (no names) hoped it would!
Funny how they went missing on here when we even had the TV pundits convinced we could win it!
We've had a fantastic season!
Anyone on this forum whilst absolutely gutted, who can't be proud of the team this season, then , you need to take a reality check!
And to those (no names) who are delighted by tonights result AND YES YOU FUCKING ARE!
Just fuck off from this Arsenal Fans forum!
You know who you are !
And in case you don't !
Ah fuck it! I won't lower myself!
It wasn't tonight so much, it was the WH & Southampton games that did for us. We could have even got away with the Anfield draw, it was the next 2 games that absolutely derailed us.
West Ham game did us in

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:01 pm

Played 12
Lost 12
Scored 5
Conceded 33

This isn't Norwich, Palace, Burnley, Bournemouth or Everton (they drew there this season) we are talking about. This is a team who will be in next season's CL, who can't lay a glove on them, play the same way against them and shit their pants against them as much now as Wenger's 2016 pussies

10 years on from Wenger's Calendar Year Champions, this team have the same characteristics. Back then it was all about our promising youngsters too - Wilshere, Walcott Gibbs, Ramsey etc. All they needed was time. Next season would be the one. Add a couple of players here and there.

FFS stevo, don't get dragged into this negativity, we have a great young squad!
GO TO BED!!!! :lol:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:59 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:57 pm
Self harm to the final minute. :barscarf:
Hmmm, celebrating a goal against Arsenal.

C'mon, you can tell us, who do you really support?
Anger. It’s called anger. As bad as we were how much of that was self inflicted? Honest answers.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:05 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:01 pm

Played 12
Lost 12
Scored 5
Conceded 33

FFS stevo, don't get dragged into this negativity, we have a great young squad!
GO TO BED!!!! :lol:
Trying not to mate honestly. Just so fucking hard you know. I want to believe its different but when I see supposed senior pros like Partey and Clive just rolling over it makes my piss froth. I said earlier- I can forgive the Sakas and Martinellis having a dip in form. But wouldn't it be nice if the supposed leaders and senior pros gave them a leg up when they most need it?

I want to see leadership. We have no divine right to win anything. Those two massive c.unts in midfield will both be 30 when we kick off next season. Did you see anything in them that makes you think they'll be better when they're 31 or 32?? The two c.unts have let us down hundreds of times now. When we get some proper leaders to replace them and complement our kids, I'll begin to believe. Sadly as it was in 2013 when our senior pros were pricks like Mertesacker we are letting the kids down

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

If we continue tanking to the end of the season I reckon we will really struggle to get back on it next season. Where is the next result coming from? Chelsea will be tough on current form. You are all doing what you did for the Saints game. Assuming a win. I tell you now it will be tight.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

So depressing to watch, no contest at all.

We have to improve the squad considerably next season, I am not interested in the top 4 trophy nonsense like we had under TOF.

Jesus up front means no aerial outlet which they clearly had with the ugly machine.

Our midfield was shocking tonight, Odegaard went missing and Partey has been bad for a few games now.

Similar end to last season in some ways, we can improve obviously next season but Haaland is on a different level.. I expect City will get charged with doping and United will win the title bankrolled by Qatari money... PL is a joke.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

It just looks like there is absolutely no self-belief in the team when it comes to winning against them. Absolutely none.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

They’re going to absolutely piss the treble from here, Madrid won’t lay a glove on them in the CL.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:13 pm
So depressing to watch, no contest at all.

We have to improve the squad considerably next season, I am not interested in the top 4 trophy nonsense like we had under TOF.

Jesus up front means no aerial outlet which they clearly had with the ugly machine.

Our midfield was shocking tonight, Odegaard went missing and Partey has been bad for a few games now.

Similar end to last season in some ways, we can improve obviously next season but Haaland is on a different level.. I expect City will get charged with doping and United will win the title bankrolled by Qatari money... PL is a joke.
I said it when we got knocked out to Sporting and many on here said it was a good thing - it wasn't!!!

This current squad have had one competition to focus on for weeks, and in the EL had 2 games this year and played a rotated team that featured Kiwior and Turner FFS.

The reality is that we were out of the domestic cups by the end of January. It's now late April and it's only taken Saliba to be out and the young lads to have a late dip in form and suddenly the squad looks as threadbare on options as it ever has

Serious question- how many players do people think we will need to mount anything resembling a PL title bid next season and stay competitive beyond the group stage of the CL? That's assuming we go out of both domestic cups at the start too. Five players minimum or you can expect us to have a worse season in my opinion