other matches this weekend - Sean Dyche appreciation thread!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:14 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:58 am
Just need the longest of breaks from football right now

Someone told me there are international games next weekend FFS - well they can fuck right off. Couldn't tell you who Ingerlund are playing and couldn't give a fuck. Let the Ashes commence and the garden needs some attention

My son was saying the new fixtures are out this week too - fuck off!
9 weeks today - the Community Shield final v the Champions of the World :D
Would rather drown in a vat of rat's piss than watch a second of that nonsense. I think Falkirk said it elsewhere - we'll probably beat their stiffs while they're still recovering from their holidays but get smashed shitless by them over the two league games as normal

As predictable as us winning our last game of the season by 3 goals or more

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:52 pm
https://twitter.com/fbawaydays/status/1 ... ypo8FzPjIA

Look at the state of this soulless bunch of cunnys.

They just ‘won’* the last coveted trophy in club football and that’s all they can muster.
Saw that.

Grim when a betting company are the only ones calling the broadcasters out on their bullshit.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

So Stan Krankys Denver Nuggets have just won the NBA title. His teams seem to be on the up.... Except the Colorado Rapid 'soccer' team....... Is it Arsenals turn to win a trophy next??

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

TeeCee wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:58 am
So Stan Krankys Denver Nuggets have just won the NBA title. His teams seem to be on the up.... Except the Colorado Rapid 'soccer' team....... Is it Arsenals turn to win a trophy next??
We had our chance and fucked it up

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:19 am
TeeCee wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:58 am
We had our chance and fucked it up
I concur unfortunately :cry:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

They just ‘won’* the last coveted trophy in club football and that’s all they can muster.
Bunch of plastic cùnts. :oops: :censored:

We made more noise in Paris after we lost the fucking thing.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:04 pm

What annoys me the most about it is the fact that it symbolises the death of the game. They have just witnessed their club win* the CL for the first time in their history*, and all they can muster is polite applause, a few hugs, and some prat throwing a handful of confetti in the air.

It’s soulless. It’s pointless.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Oh we partied in a pub until 5am , all the old school chants came out 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:22 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

:barscarf:

Us too. An English pub in Pigalle. And then at 5am we crawled around the corner into a Paris night workers cafe and drank there and sang Perry Groves over and over and were cheered on by the local shift workers, cops, and prostitutes! Finally hit the hotel at about 8am. What an amazing night. 8)

If only we'd won the bastarding thing. :( I'll never forgive Lehmann. :censored: And I'll never forgive Arsene for taking Bobby off whilst leaving the Circle Dribbler on. And for not bringing on Dennis late to score two late wonder goals to win it. And Dennis fucking would have too. 8)

I've always felt the two players we had that night that could have scored an equaliser and a winner were Pires and Bergkamp. Never Henry. He bottled almost every cup final he played for us. But Bobby and Dennis would have done the job that night and Wenger gave neither of them a chance. :banghead:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Henry was conflicted knowing that he waas off to Barca . He spent most of the night strolling around totally inneffective especially after we went to 10 men . We needed workers with a bit of flair . It was Bergkamp's moment he was tailor made for it.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Saka hat trick

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Pick those out, seriously if Grealish was worth £100M at 25? How much is Saka worth at 21?

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

We'll let's just say if Arsenal sold him they'd ask for 65m :shock: :banghead: 8)

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:26 pm
gooner265 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Us too. An English pub in Pigalle. And then at 5am we crawled around the corner into a Paris night workers cafe and drank there and sang Perry Groves over and over and were cheered on by the local shift workers, cops, and prostitutes! Finally hit the hotel at about 8am. What an amazing night. 8)

If only we'd won the bastarding thing. :( I'll never forgive Lehmann. :censored: And I'll never forgive Arsene for taking Bobby off whilst leaving the Circle Dribbler on. And for not bringing on Dennis late to score two late wonder goals to win it. And Dennis fucking would have too. 8)

I've always felt the two players we had that night that could have scored an equaliser and a winner were Pires and Bergkamp. Never Henry. He bottled almost every cup final he played for us. But Bobby and Dennis would have done the job that night and Wenger gave neither of them a chance. :banghead:
Agreed , pires has better ball retention, freddie should have gone off. Still a night in Paris ill never forget , I had a spare ticket as well i was offered 1000 Euros for but sold it to a gooner cost price and a beer.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:25 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:26 pm
gooner265 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Agreed , pires has better ball retention, freddie should have gone off. Still a night in Paris ill never forget , I had a spare ticket as well i was offered 1000 Euros for but sold it to a gooner cost price and a beer.
Fair play to you mate! :barscarf:

The prices got silly quickly over there.

Half of our Gooner group had tickets (me and four others) the rest travelled on spec. My mate got talking to a Dublin girl and her boyfriend outside the ground and she had a spare ticket. He offered her five hundred euro for it and she said yeah but then within seconds she was swamped by other Gooners who'd overheard and in seconds they were offering her €600, €700, €800, and eventually €1000. She told my mate sorry but she really needed the grand for college and said she felt terrible so she gave him first refusal and of course he didn't have the grand to match it so the other Gooner got the ticket.

On the flight back from Brussels we got talking to another Oirish Gooner that paid €2000 for a ticket. :shock: