ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by rodders999 »

Tomi notoriously injury prone, Zinchenko notoriously injury prone, Tierney notoriously injury prone, Kiwor who knows but at least he means we should never have to resort to Banter Bob in an important game again.

Buying a defender shouldn't close the door on a striker purchase though? (although as I've said before I think we'll go for Toney in Jan).

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:41 am
Bob Bayliss wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:45 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:53 am
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:18 am
My early season optimism has taken a battering over the past few days, the injury to Timber is devastating, the blatant corruption on show at old trafford sickened me and the chavs signing every player in world football is wearing me down.

Need a pick me up today.
I honestly dont understand why there was so much optimism amongst supporters pre season anyway.
I agree with you that Timber injury is a massive blow, but apart from Rice being an upgrade on Xhaka what improvements are there?
Havertz is a complete waste of space - £65 million for a Chelsea flop. :roll: We have basically just contributed to them being able to afford Caceido - who we should have bought for cheaper in January,
Absoultely. Why oh why are modern-day Arsenal allergic to top-drawer defensive midfielders? EVERY successful Arsenal team in my lifetime has had them, from Peter Storey to Kevin Richardson to Emmanuel Petit to Gilberto. We have done two things since 2005: (a) signed a succession of Chelsea rejects, none of whom have turned out to be good and most of whom have been awful; (b) continued to sign lightweight creative midfielders when we need someone to screen the defence. Partey is an improvement on what we had, but he is injury-prone and Arteta now seems to see him as some sort of wing-back option. We needed Caicedo much more than we needed Rice.

Yep, I’ve been saying this all along. Caicedo was the one we needed. Makes no sense that we offered a fortune for him in Jan and then didn’t show any interest when this window opened.

Given Chelsea’s glut of players, I just hope he doesn’t get much game time, because he’s gonna be some player. Hope I’m wrong. :(
Caicedo was the player we should have nailed before Rice. :barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Barcelona remain in talks with Manchester City over a potential loan deal for Joao Cancelo, although Arsenal have also now opened negotiations for the player & have already held talks with his representatives, 90min understands. [@GraemeBailey] #afc

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gossip / Rumours suggesting that Cancelo is very open to playing under Arteta as they got on really well when both in the empty of $hitty, it was Pep that Cancelo fell out with.

I think he would be a great signing - he can play across the back-line and step into Mid-field should he be needed to.

Midz

Post by Midz »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:38 am
The Timber injury is an absolute disaster, I’m gutted. When I woke this morning it was the first thing that popped into my head and it stung. He would have given is quality depth right across the back line, an option to play in every position back there.

Now we’re fucking back to square one whereby we’re just one injury away from trouble as happened with Saliba last season. Brutal.
was the 2nd thing that popped into your head 'I need a piss' ? :D

asking for a friend.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Told Chelsea interested in Arsenal striker Folarin Balogun. No formal bid, but interest is real. Monaco still pushing and expected to back in with improved offer. #CFC #AFC #ASMonaco

John F

Post by John F »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:48 am
Tomi notoriously injury prone, Zinchenko notoriously injury prone, Tierney notoriously injury prone, Kiwor who knows but at least he means we should never have to resort to Banter Bob in an important game again.

Buying a defender shouldn't close the door on a striker purchase though? (although as I've said before I think we'll go for Toney in Jan).
s
Just to add to our problems the Asia and African Cups are after Christmas so we will lose Partey and Tomi leaving us just White for the right-back position and you can bet he will get injured.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Midz wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:43 pm
rodders999 wrote:
The Timber injury is an absolute disaster, I’m gutted. When I woke this morning it was the first thing that popped into my head and it stung. He would have given is quality depth right across the back line, an option to play in every position back there.

Now we’re fucking back to square one whereby we’re just one injury away from trouble as happened with Saliba last season. Brutal.

asking for a friend.
You know when you first wake up and for those first few glorious seconds you’ve no recollection of the troubles you brought with you to bed the night before and then BANG they all come flooding back in a crushing blow. That’s what happened me this morning :cry:

After that, the second thing that popped into my mind? Yeah it was tits 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:05 pm
Midz wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

asking for a friend.
You know when you first wake up and for those first few glorious seconds you’ve no recollection of the troubles you brought with you to bed the night before and then BANG they all come flooding back in a crushing blow. That’s what happened me this morning :cry:

After that, the second thing that popped into my mind? Yeah it was Leanne Williamson's tits 8)
Awww! Rodders Mate you HAVE TO LET IT GO! - Look we all know you have a thing for her, but FFS mate she's a Rug Muncher! She's not interested in your 5 inch (*) man sausage.

(*) That's what DB said btw .:proudtosay:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I feel for you Rodders....... The first thing I used to think about is 'what am I going to do with this impressive stiffy'...... Now it's....' Jeez I need a piss, fuck another morning with no morning glory!! :shock: :banghead: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thing is Tee Cee the youngsters have No F'ing Idea what is awaiting them. I know we didn't - But as much as I try to advise my kids and the other youngster sin the family about looking after themselves better etc - They just roll their eyes and look at me like I'm speaking a foreign language.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:05 pm
Midz wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

asking for a friend.

After that, the second thing that popped into my mind? Yeah it was tits 8)
Well buddy you wouldn't have those tits if you hit the gym once in a while. :D :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

He spells it Jim and I’ll hit dat ass as often as I fucking want thank you very much 8)

By the way can someone let me know if Pepe’s fucked off yet?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Source BBC Sports/Football:

"Chelsea's £53m signing of Romeo Lavia means they have now spent more than £850m since owner Todd Boehly took over last summer."

So where is FFP? Yeah! Right... What a load of Bollox.

And don't try and tell me that the FA and the PGMOL aren't Corrupt because Everything is about The Money - If Boehly can spend almost a Billion in under a year and the FA are just sat there doing fuck-all, don't tell me that larger sums aren't being back handed out to ensure they get trophies etc.

PGMOL and FA as Corrupt as they Come.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Understand talks between Nottingham Forest and Arsenal for Nuno Tavares are not easy — deal getting complicated at this stage 🚨🔴🌳 #NFFC

There are other options for Nuno now.