other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by rodders999 »

Just your standard media darling Eddie Howe master class away from home, rock up with zero intention of playing any kind of football.

1 shot on target all game that I can’t even remember, fucking boring c.unts :roll:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:53 pm
Midz wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:46 pm
a 1-1 draw would be the best result.
Depends how you look at it.
I see Newcastle as a top 4 threat and more our rivals.

I don’t really see City as our rivals - they are way ahead still
Both of them dropping 2 pts is the way I see it.
Until they invent a way in which both teams can lose this is the best result.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Roll up, roll up, form an orderly queue at the turnstiles and remember to keep paying those subscriptions folks, PSG, Ajax, City, Bayern and Celtic are all about to win their leagues again.

The greatest show on earth :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:01 pm
Roll up, roll up, form an orderly queue at the turnstiles and remember to keep paying those subscriptions folks, PSG, Ajax, City, Bayern and Celtic are all about to win their leagues again.

The greatest show on earth :barscarf:
The premier league this season is more predictable than Scotland

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

When we look back in the year 2030 will anyone else have won the league?

No.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:23 pm
City v Newcastle….finally giving us the answer to the age old question of what would happen if AIDS raped cancer.
:coffeespit:
Superb. :lol: :lol: 8)

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:13 pm
Fuck it - Spurs look like a proper team now that Kane has left :banghead:
turn it up, united were utter toilet yet should have scored a few and a nailed on penno.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:17 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:13 pm
Fuck it - Spurs look like a proper team now that Kane has left :banghead:
turn it up, united were utter toilet yet should have scored a few and a nailed on penno.
Exactly. The scum are what they've always been: utter shite loved for some bizarre self loathing masochistic reason by the mongs in the media. :lol:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Didn't watch the spuds but I read that for the second game in a row, £60m man Mason Mount was completely invisible.

You don't have to have been in the game 30 years to see how average Mount is. He doesn't excel at anything, he happened to be in a pimped up Chavski team where he scored the occasional goal. Totally overrated, worth 20-25m at a push. United were mugged and we dodged a massive bullet as EduTeta rate him.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:26 am
Didn't watch the spuds but I read that for the second game in a row, £60m man Mason Mount was completely invisible.

You don't have to have been in the game 30 years to see how average Mount is. He doesn't excel at anything, he happened to be in a pimped up Chavski team where he scored the occasional goal. Totally overrated, worth 20-25m at a push. United were mugged and we dodged a massive bullet as EduTeta rate him.
Another Chel$ki expensive dud. Remind you of someone we got from them also ??.
Fuck Scum. Decent manager though !! :barscarf: :barscarf:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Chelsea’s entire summer splurge is based on Mason Mount to United for £60m, Loftus Cheek for £15m and Havertz to us for £65m. Three duds that have unlocked the warchest. The way it works in FFP is that any transfer profit can be then used to cover the amortisizing element of any new players. As Mount and Loftus Cheek are home grown the entire £75m was available to buy all of these new signings. Havertz was bought for similar to what we have paid for him but obviously much of his fee had already been amortised. So I would guess that the “profit” on him was c £35-£40m. All in all therefore they had minimum £110m profit to work with. If you sign every player over 5 years then they could basically sign £550m of players. We have directly contributed to their money gun going apeshit. Without Havertz being sold they would have had £175m-£200m less to spend.

wibble

Post by wibble »

Watched motd this morning. Early days obviously but united looked shit again and Liverpool were very shaky at the back. Will be interesting to see if Chelsea’s spending gets them a good team this season or if they’ll be all over the place again. Fingers crossed it’s the latter

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:26 am

Now substitute the word Mount for the word Havertz and you’d also be correct

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A West Ham mate just texted me to say am I going down the pub now - I go “a bit early for the West Ham match isn’t it?” :lol:

Come on Spain - I really think it is going to be intolerable if England win this

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

There's some right geezers in that Spain team. :shock: I bet more body hair than a Mammoth convention.....