Fulham FP H Sat 26th August KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Fulham FP H Sat 26th August KO 3pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:45 pm
Great news that Jesus is back. I thought there was fuck all chance he’d be back in the few weeks that they had predicted so pleasantly surprised with our medical team for once.
Yep, and what's the bets he picks up leetle bit neegle this weekend and is out for 4 months? :|

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:06 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:27 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:44 pm
We all have our opinions, suspicions and now accusations around all this.

The Fact is we Do Not Know not One of us actually know what the fuck is going on and why things are being done as they are.

And so all this Arteta is this and Arteta is that and He is Doing such and Such, it reminds me of Office Gossip or Old Ladies making guesses because they thin and imagine they have actual information and 'facts'.

Maybe it would be wiser and more intelligent to wait and see what actually happens, what the outcome of all this is.

Why is it people are so "Addicted" to Rumour and Gossip; both starting them and then adding their own little twist on the ongoing rumour/s.

Still people will do what their Ego tells them to do, because they truly do not have a mind of their own and 'need' to think and believe the worst of a situation over which they have No Control or Say So. They are incapable of stepping back and allowing those who know more about the Club, Team, Players and the game to do what they are paid to do because they have more experience than those on the sidelines who let their imagination and ego run away with them.

We can all guess and make assumptions, but at least wait till there is an outcome, THEN they can start throwing insults etc etc around and start saying see I was right all along blah blah blah. Then each person can stand on whatever Sid eof things they (again) think to be right (in their opinion)

Mate, it's a forum, for the exchange of ideas, opinions and, of course, speculation. Might as well ask what's the point of the match thread until after the game, when the result is known? Predicting results is total speculation and almost juvenile, but fuck it, it's a football forum.

There's a few on here who are perfectly happy with "rumour and gossip", accusation and speculation, as long it agrees with their opinion, but get touchy and somewhat accusatory and insulting if they don't like what's posted. It's about an adult exchange of opinions, or should be anyway.

For what it's worth, even when there is an outcome of something like the Tierney situation, the club don't publish the facts about what went on, so it's still opinion, speculation and guesswork after the event.
Agreed yes it is a forum and it's (meant to be ) about debate, but I know that if I click on certain posters all there is going to be is Pre-judgement in a Negative Vein, Pre-Evaluation of a situation still in progress etc Condemning those who they have an Agenda against....and it just gets so Tedious and Boring knowing the same posters will keep on with the same old view points regardless of what subject is (meant to be) debated / discussed.... It's like knowing what record is going to be played no matter what the event... AND they don't give anyone a chance (ie: Arteta), their opinions are as valid as the next persons, BUT the opinions never waiver from the same old drudgery and routine...

Anyway's there are better things to be spending time on, especially when you know that no matter what - They will cling to their opinions... whether it turns out to be valid or not.

:yawn:

:goingtobed:

Sorry old chap, I didn't get the email telling me that opinions expressed had to be approved by you and apologies if you've found anything I've said "tedious or boring".

As for giving Arteta a "chance", he's been manager for almost 4 years, so I don't think it's overly premature to judge what he's doing. Very early days this term, but I'm pretty concerned by what he's doing so far. Second place last season, 200m spent so far this summer, so no excuses for dropping out of the top 4. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Lastly, you don't think that clinging to opinions that turn out to be valid is justification in itself? Strange.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Approved by me! ?? :coffeespit: That's rich... When the Ne3gativo's on here and their little clique think they have the rights on all that is relevant -

Arteta could lead us to the Prem title and / or other successes and there are those on here - we all know who they are :wink: who are set in the Negativity and utter dislike of him who would still find fault somehow - as I say all about opinions etc - The thing is anyone who disputes the Constant (Tiresome) Negative posts on here is then accused of being someone who is saying their approval is required.

Yet another one for the Ignore list... :roll:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:29 pm
Approved by me! ?? :coffeespit: That's rich... When the Ne3gativo's on here and their little clique think they have the rights on all that is relevant -

Arteta could lead us to the Prem title and / or other successes and there are those on here - we all know who they are :wink: who are set in the Negativity and utter dislike of him who would still find fault somehow - as I say all about opinions etc - The thing is anyone who disputes the Constant (Tiresome) Negative posts on here is then accused of being someone who is saying their approval is required.

Yet another one for the Ignore list... :roll:

You seem to confuse critical opinion with negativity. Your accusation about those who dare criticise the club or the manager expecting everyone else to acquiesce is laughable. I for one am perfectly happy to exchange opinions calmly and sensibly.

However, take a look at the Ramsdale thread where I expressed my concerns about him and you and another took it almost personally. I didn’t attack the bloke personally or abuse him, but simply expressed areas of his goalkeeping that worried me. I’m perfectly happy to listen to other opinions, but all you were interested in doing was having a dig at me personally. I don’t give a fuck about that, but I won’t just take it.

Anyway, as you say, if my opinions bother you, then don’t read my posts, just ignore them. Happy days. Enjoy the weekend.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:35 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Great news that Jesus is back. I thought there was fuck all chance he’d be back in the few weeks that they had predicted so pleasantly surprised with our medical team for once.
Yep, and what's the bets he picks up leetle bit neegle this weekend and is out for 4 months? :|
I’d no sooner posted that when I thought the same thing - season ender incoming.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:35 pm
rodders999 wrote:

It's likely that zinchenko will be left full tomorrow having played 8 minutes last Monday night and ZERO minutes in pre-season - is it fair to say that is a big risk too ? As much as nketieh doesnt convince any of us, starting jesus tomorrow would also be a massive risk. I really dont like the thought of throwing these lads straight in - for most clubs that would be a worry, but for a club as injury prone as we are every season, it would be suicide imo

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Jesus should be nowhere near this match except for a late runout with victory in the bag

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:02 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

The Fact is we Do Not Know not One of us actually know what the fuck is going on and why things are being done as they are.

And so all this Arteta is this and Arteta is that and He is Doing such and Such, it reminds me of Office Gossip or Old Ladies making guesses because they thin and imagine they have actual information and 'facts'.

Maybe it would be wiser and more intelligent to wait and see what actually happens, what the outcome of all this is.

Why is it people are so "Addicted" to Rumour and Gossip; both starting them and then adding their own little twist on the ongoing rumour/s.

Still people will do what their Ego tells them to do, because they truly do not have a mind of their own and 'need' to think and believe the worst of a situation over which they have No Control or Say So. They are incapable of stepping back and allowing those who know more about the Club, Team, Players and the game to do what they are paid to do because they have more experience than those on the sidelines who let their imagination and ego run away with them.

We can all guess and make assumptions, but at least wait till there is an outcome, THEN they can start throwing insults etc etc around and start saying see I was right all along blah blah blah. Then each person can stand on whatever Sid eof things they (again) think to be right (in their opinion)

Mate, it's a forum, for the exchange of ideas, opinions and, of course, speculation. Might as well ask what's the point of the match thread until after the game, when the result is known? Predicting results is total speculation and almost juvenile, but fuck it, it's a football forum.

There's a few on here who are perfectly happy with "rumour and gossip", accusation and speculation, as long it agrees with their opinion, but get touchy and somewhat accusatory and insulting if they don't like what's posted. It's about an adult exchange of opinions, or should be anyway.

For what it's worth, even when there is an outcome of something like the Tierney situation, the club don't publish the facts about what went on, so it's still opinion, speculation and guesswork after the event.
Agreed yes it is a forum and it's (meant to be ) about debate, but I know that if I click on certain posters all there is going to be is Pre-judgement in a Negative Vein, Pre-Evaluation of a situation still in progress etc Condemning those who they have an Agenda against....and it just gets so Tedious and Boring knowing the same posters will keep on with the same old view points regardless of what subject is (meant to be) debated / discussed.... It's like knowing what record is going to be played no matter what the event... AND they don't give anyone a chance (ie: Arteta), their opinions are as valid as the next persons, BUT the opinions never waiver from the same old drudgery and routine...

Anyway's there are better things to be spending time on, especially when you know that no matter what - They will cling to their opinions... whether it turns out to be valid or not.

Sorry old chap, I didn't get the email telling me that opinions expressed had to be approved by you and apologies if you've found anything I've said "tedious or boring".

As for giving Arteta a "chance", he's been manager for almost 4 years, so I don't think it's overly premature to judge what he's doing. Very early days this term, but I'm pretty concerned by what he's doing so far. Second place last season, 200m spent so far this summer, so no excuses for dropping out of the top 4. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Lastly, you don't think that clinging to opinions that turn out to be valid is justification in itself? Strange.
Any interchange of posts on here should be respectful. I got called a C-nt last year on here for having an opinion about something that someone did not like. Since then I have been reluctant to post my true feelings about stuff just in case I upset someone. We all support the same team so lets just remember that. I used to watch a really crap team back in the 60's but still enjoyed turning up each home game & cheering them on from the 'North Bank'.
We should win this game ?. 3-0. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Thynker wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:01 pm
Jesus should be nowhere near this match except for a late runout with victory in the bag
Last 10 only for a cameo

Trossard needs game time more desperately than Jesus

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Ray C wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:40 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:02 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Any interchange of posts on here should be respectful. I got called a C-nt last year on here for having an opinion about something that someone did not like. Since then I have been reluctant to post my true feelings about stuff just in case I upset someone. We all support the same team so lets just remember that. I used to watch a really crap team back in the 60's but still enjoyed turning up each home game & cheering them on from the 'North Bank'.
We should win this game ?. 3-0. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Ray - post what you like, what you think, there will always be people who think their opinion is fact and everyone else is wrong.

I get a bit down when we have major fall outs in here, like you say, we are all Arsenal, should stick together, whatever the weather….

PS it wasn’t me was it ? 😉

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

3 points today now lads, fucking get in there and be buzzing for the rest of the weekend.

COMEEEEE ONNNNN :barscarf:

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Nothing gets me going on a Saturday morning like the anticipation of another retarded line up with players out of position :D bring it on genius Tets!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Obviously hoping for a win,don't care how we get it,would be nice though to at least keep a clean sheet,after Leeds and Southampton last season we conceded the most goals at home.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

A nice 3+ goal victory with a clean sheet would do lovely.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Zinny to start and get crocked after 20 mins, leaving us with no fit LB’s, anyone?