ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:57 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:47 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:18 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:53 pm
Most of you lot will burst your fucking undies when you read this but I’d swap ESR for Mudryk.

ESR is a lovely baller but I’ve my doubts he can stay fit for any extended period of time. He’s out of favour and if he’s not going to contribute anything he needs to move on.

Moving to the chavs would actually be a terrible move for him because he’d get lost in amongst the 70 other players they have but if we could get Mudryk I’d pull the trigger.

There’s definitely a player waiting to explode in him, I’ve watched him a few times for the chavs and he’s got all the ingredients to be a super player. He’ll never fulfil his potential there because the squad is a shit show and he never wanted to go there in the first place.

Interesting one this but if I were a betting man I can see this happening, both will stay with their clubs for the season.
Well Rodders, you might not believe this, but I had the same thought. If I have to resign myself to him going to the chavs, then I'd take Mudryk in exchange too. Like you, I think there's a player in there, but he wouldn't start at our place unless Mkll were to drop Saka or Martinelli, which given his current self harming mindset, could well happen.

I think Arteta's treatment of ESR has been an absolute disgrace, but I've been saying for a year plus that he needs to move on for the sake of his career, so I can't scream about him going (other than that he should have been a fixture in our fucking team). However, no way should he go to the chavs, because he won't get a regular place there either.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

OMG so did I !???

What's Happening There's a Rip in the Fabric of The Universe, RG and I are agreeing; sort of!. :D :wink:

Agreed (again) re: ESR I think he would thrive in a club like the Five Bellies or even $hitty.... He is so much better than GreasyGrealish... He just need to Fuckin' PLAY!! Dammnit. :banghead:

WHAT???!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Fuck....I'm seeking help!!

:lol: :wink:

All Gooners when said and done OBG. :barscarf:
:cheekkiss: :D

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:23 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:00 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Well Rodders, you might not believe this, but I had the same thought. If I have to resign myself to him going to the chavs, then I'd take Mudryk in exchange too. Like you, I think there's a player in there, but he wouldn't start at our place unless Mkll were to drop Saka or Martinelli, which given his current self harming mindset, could well happen.

I think Arteta's treatment of ESR has been an absolute disgrace, but I've been saying for a year plus that he needs to move on for the sake of his career, so I can't scream about him going (other than that he should have been a fixture in our fucking team). However, no way should he go to the chavs, because he won't get a regular place there either.

OMG so did I !???

What's Happening There's a Rip in the Fabric of The Universe, RG and I are agreeing; sort of!. :D :wink:

Agreed (again) re: ESR I think he would thrive in a club like the Five Bellies or even $hitty.... He is so much better than GreasyGrealish... He just need to Fuckin' PLAY!! Dammnit. :banghead:

One word

RAMSDALE

!!
Mantis you shit stirrer! :lol: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

OMG so did I !???

One word

RAMSDALE

!!
:shock: I only did that once...told you not to tell anyone!!

Nice qt

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:25 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

OMG so did I !???

One word

RAMSDALE

!!
:shock: I only did that once...told you not to tell anyone!!

Nice qt
:high5: Yeah! I LOVE a Quote Tower! :whee:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:24 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:53 pm
Most of you lot will burst your fucking undies when you read this but I’d swap ESR for Mudryk.

ESR is a lovely baller but I’ve my doubts he can stay fit for any extended period of time. He’s out of favour and if he’s not going to contribute anything he needs to move on.

Moving to the chavs would actually be a terrible move for him because he’d get lost in amongst the 70 other players they have but if we could get Mudryk I’d pull the trigger.

There’s definitely a player waiting to explode in him, I’ve watched him a few times for the chavs and he’s got all the ingredients to be a super player. He’ll never fulfil his potential there because the squad is a shit show and he never wanted to go there in the first place.

Interesting one this but if I were a betting man I can see this happening, both will stay with their clubs for the season.

OMG so did I !???

:cheekkiss: :D
Awww 🥰 so glad you two kissed and made up

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨Arsenal are interested in signing Benfica right back, Alexander Bah in the final three days of the summer transfer window, as per @tipsbladet.

The Danish international is expected to cost around £28million.

He’s one of a few players the club are looking at ahead of Friday’s deadline.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:40 pm
🚨Arsenal are interested in signing Benfica right back, Alexander Bah in the final three days of the summer transfer window, as per @tipsbladet.

Bah ?

Humbug

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:00 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:40 pm

Bah ?

Humbug
Eh!? Humbug or Hamberg!? :D

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Fucking QTW shit fest :banghead:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Nuno Tavares and Murillo will both sign documents as new Nottingham Forest players today 🔴🌳 #NFFC

Arsenal will receive loan fee close to £2m plus £12m buy option clause not mandatory.

Folarin Balogun will officially sign in as new AS Monaco player today. Medical completed on Tuesday 🔴⚪️🇺🇸

Arsenal will receive €40m package add-ons included plus sell-on clause.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

When you look at what we have paid and what we have received for players this Summer we’ve had our trousers pulled down again.

Midz

Post by Midz »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:57 am
When you look at what we have paid and what we have received for players this Summer we’ve had our trousers pulled down again.
When you look at our record transfer fee out is Balogun at £38m, that's not a lot really is it.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Midz wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:26 am

When you look at our record transfer fee out is Balogun at £38m, that's not a lot really is it.
I think it's a different rate for teams outside of the Premier league. Had he gone to a domestic club and we got that figure, I'd be disappointed.

Midz

Post by Midz »

We can't be regarded as a 'selling' club which is a good thing. I was just surprised that £38m was the highest transfer we've ever received. I can't remember what we got for RvP but Utd must've got a bargain.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:43 am
We can't be regarded as a 'selling' club which is a good thing. I was just surprised that £38m was the highest transfer we've ever received. I can't remember what we got for RvP but Utd must've got a bargain.
Trouble is when a player makes it known that he wants to leave, it does weaken our bargaining power.