ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:43 pm
Nicolas Pépé, not convinced by Saudi approaches — deal not happening, his priority is now to join Trabzonspor 🇹🇷

Negotiations to follow in order to reach an agreement, as @footmercato called; he’s completely out of Arsenal project.

#AFC prepared to give the green light.
I could never work this one out. Whoever it was who wanted him, seemed desperate to get him and happy to blow the budget on him. All based on a handful of decent appearances in the French league. Surely, there were better options available, even back then.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Emery wanted Zaha,Raul wanted Pepe,and pushed for him,had to be a brown envelope involved

Perryashburtongroves

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:59 pm
Emery wanted Zaha,Raul wanted Pepe,and pushed for him,had to be a brown envelope involved
That's always been my suspicion about the whole thing. It wasn't a coincidence that the bloke was ushered out of the door a few months later amid rumours that he'd been boosting his own bank balance on the quiet.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Trabzonspor have agreed a deal to sign Arsenal winger Nicolas Pepe with former Gunners record signing set to seal the move in next 24-48 hours. #AFC #Trabzonspor

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Yes, Raul REALLY wanted Pepe..... Clearly he wasn't exactly Mbappe, Pepe's true value was possibly 25m based on a good year in France. I reckon someone/some people shared 10-20m off the back of that deal. Arsenal actually gave Raul the keys to the castle!!

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:55 pm
Yes, Raul REALLY wanted Pepe..... Clearly he wasn't exactly Mbappe, Pepe's true value was possibly 25m based on a good year in France. I reckon someone/some people shared 10-20m off the back of that deal. Arsenal actually gave Raul the keys to the castle!!
The deal we ended up doing was £15m upfront
£10m per season over 5 years ( if appearances and other targets were met) with an additional £7m making the £72m

He won’t be costing us anywhere near the total £72m amount

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

:barscarf: :barscarf:

Odegaard new 4 year deal agreed

:barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Nicolas Pépé to Trabzonspor ✨🇹🇷

◉ Medical tests on Friday morning.
◉ Short term deal until June 2024.
◉ Player travelling later tonight.

Here we go, confirmed 🤝🏻

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I don’t blame Pepe for not being good enough. He didn’t force us to pay £72m, or whatever it was, for him.

I’m glad he’s off our books. I wish him well. Amicable all round.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Edu will surely win the Dyno Rod performance of the month award for this. :throne:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The cramps in your stomach are dialed up to 10, you gingerly make your way to the porcelain throne, drops the keks, sit down and give a gentle little squeeze. You feel the movement of the log through your sphincter and it's a this point you know you are in massive fucking trouble. This thing is 2.5 times the size of your arsehole, the contractions have started and there's no going back.

Breath, push, squeeze, scream, push, breath, cry.

Liters of sweat begin to flow down your face, your eyes start to burn, you grab both sides of the seat to lift your arse up in the vain hope that gravity can help you give birth to this monstrosity. It's at the midway point, when it's girth is at it's greatest, that your life flashes before your eyes and you cry out, a chilling wail of anger, shame, terror and despair.

And then with the worst of it over, the final slither as it torpedoes into the bowl with a hefty splash. You sit there, head in hands, thankful just to have survived, legs trebling, heart pounding, arse still tremoring.

An experience you will never forget and hope to never repeat.

In other news Nicolas Pepe has left for Trabzonspor :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Nicolas Pépé, completing medical tests today ahead of permanent transfer to Trabzonspor. No loan deal, it will be permanent and valid until 2024 🇹🇷 #Trabzonspor

Perryashburtongroves

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:19 am
Nicolas Pépé, completing medical tests today ahead of permanent transfer to Trabzonspor. No loan deal, it will be permanent and valid until 2024 🇹🇷 #Trabzonspor
I saw him in a blue and claret striped shirt and assumed he had signed for Scunthorpe.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Just glad he's gone for both the Club and Him.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Nicolas Pepe in Turkey ahead of permanent move to Trabzonspor as per @FabrizioRomano. Talks between Arsenal & Pepe continue. Mutually terminating final year of contract - allowing him to move on a free transfer - not ruled out. #AFC #Trabzonspor