ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yeah! Saw Neto in the highlights of the game against the ManScum and he is "Good" and fast as hell.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:05 pm
Arsenal having shown an interest in Ollie Watkins of villains who is on a hat-trick - so his stock will have risen considerably. :?
If this does happen, I can see it involving ESR going the other way. They were in for him a couple of summers back and I can't see them letting Watkins go without a player and money in return.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:45 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:05 pm
Arsenal having shown an interest in Ollie Watkins of villains who is on a hat-trick - so his stock will have risen considerably. :?
If this does happen, I can see it involving ESR going the other way. They were in for him a couple of summers back and I can't see them letting Watkins go without a player and money in return.
You could well be right Perry, especially as ESR is too good a talent to only warm the bench and get scraps of minutes as a substitute. :?

Watkins is Good, but I still would prefer Ivan Toney , who for me he has a bit of that Old Skool No9 vibe about him; I mean not just the gambling etc) :wink: whereas Watkins is less of a physical centre forward / target man.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

I tend to agree with this OBG. I like Watkins, but he seems to be more of a "break away" type of forward, as opposed to a target man and a presence in the box. Given that we almost always boss possession, we don't score many goals from breakaways, but have to break down deep sitting defences. I wouldn't be averse to signing Toney.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

I don't think Watkins or neto are what we need. We need toney type.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:43 pm

I agree that Toney might be a better fit than Watkins...not that I mind Watkins as a player....but Neto is a winger, not a centre forward. He's also an old fashioned type winger, very quick and takes the full back on. Mind you El Basque will probably knock that out of him, as Wenger used to do with wingers. Much better to stop, and lay it off backwards. :roll:

Some people will say that we don't need wide players, but this bloke is the business (in my opinion of course) and while it would be crass to be too critical of Saka, Neto is a different proposition. Thinking about it, he's just the type of winger that could provide service to a striker like Toney.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:57 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:43 pm

I agree that Toney might be a better fit than Watkins...not that I mind Watkins as a player....but Neto is a winger, not a centre forward. He's also an old fashioned type winger, very quick and takes the full back on. Mind you El Basque will probably knock that out of him, as Wenger used to do with wingers. Much better to stop, and lay it off backwards. :roll:

Some people will say that we don't need wide players, but this bloke is the business (in my opinion of course) and while it would be crass to be too critical of Saka, Neto is a different proposition. Thinking about it, he's just the type of winger that could provide service to a striker like Toney.

Exactamondo! and he's Very VERY Quick with the ball at his feet, he would be a great signing... If we can pull it off.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

This would be just our luck. For some reason, this lot always seem to get their man and often at a good price. If they want him, I’d be doubtful about us getting him. Hope I’m wrong.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/66987080

Midz

Post by Midz »

I don't care about FFP. I don't care about our expenditure in the summer. I don't care about the club's finances.

What i do care about is us scoring goals which we aren't doing enough so far.

We need a proper striker.

Eddie & Jesus have scored 3 goals between them thus far.

Buy a fucking striker!!!

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Theres a lad playing for Lyon absolutely banging them in.....Alex something or other....might be worth a look :barscarf:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

HAS to be Toney or Evan Ferguson from Brighton in January.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Midz wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:34 pm
I don't care about FFP. I don't care about our expenditure in the summer. I don't care about the club's finances.

What i do care about is us scoring goals which we aren't doing enough so far.

We need a proper striker.

Eddie & Jesus have scored 3 goals between them thus far.

Buy a fucking striker!!!
100% - and make it Ivan Toney

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Arsenal and Brazil forward Gabriel Jesus, 26, could be used as part of a swap deal with Napoli for Nigeria striker Victor Osimhen, 24. (Express)

augie

Post by augie »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:13 pm
Arsenal and Brazil forward Gabriel Jesus, 26, could be used as part of a swap deal with Napoli for Nigeria striker Victor Osimhen, 24. (Express)

Absolutely zero chance of pep's cone boy getting rid of one of his favourites

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC:

Arsenal have been working on a deal to sign England striker Ivan Toney from Brentford and conversations have taken place between the two clubs, while Chelsea are also interested in the 27-year-old.

Arsenal are leading the race for 19-year-old Borussia Dortmund and England Under-21 winger Jamie Bynoe-Gittens.