VAR

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: VAR

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Klopp saying this was unprecedented. Total crap. Brighton I think had a goal disallowed last season as they drew the lines against the wrong Palace defender. Brentford were allowed a goal against us when they didn’t even draw the lines. There’s a long litany of bullshit decisions which directly allowed or disallowed a goal (wrongly).

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

What a true Mega-Cùnt Herr Stupid Teeth the Trampy Shipman is. Perfect fit for the victims*. I envisage the mouser* players wearing black armbands now. :censored:

Can we get replays for all the points we've lost due to VAR being utter shit? And all the other teams that have suffered because if it? Fuck off, Football Bono. :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:18 pm
Just read Clattenburg's book on holiday. As always thought, it's not the tech thats the problem (although every dimwit areshole up and down the country will argue), its the fucking pricks at PGMOL and the FA who are hellbent on fucking it up

Blindingly obvious to all
To me the whole concept is fucking shit. It has ruined the game as a spectacle. There will always be mistakes where human beings are concerned. But what most fucking twats have missed is that no one can enjoy a fucking goal anymore. Football is not cricket or fucking home erotic wrestle ball. Football has to be fast, few stoppages, instant delirium from a goal being scored. Thats the game I fell in love with. Not this current shit with idiots drawing fucking lines to see if someone had a nose offside 4 minutes and twenty passes before a goal is scored. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

And what the fuck is all that heavy breathing from Stupid Teeth all about? Sounds like a peado standing over a baby's cot. :censored:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:58 pm
And what the fuck is all that heavy breathing from Stupid Teeth all about? Sounds like a peado standing over a baby's cot. :censored:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Holy Fuuuuck! :high5:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:54 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Just read Clattenburg's book on holiday. As always thought, it's not the tech thats the problem (although every dimwit areshole up and down the country will argue), its the fucking pricks at PGMOL and the FA who are hellbent on fucking it up

To me the whole concept is fucking shit. It has ruined the game as a spectacle. There will always be mistakes where human beings are concerned. But what most fucking twats have missed is that no one can enjoy a fucking goal anymore. Football is not cricket or fucking home erotic wrestle ball. Football has to be fast, few stoppages, instant delirium from a goal being scored. Thats the game I fell in love with. Not this current shit with idiots drawing fucking lines to see if someone had a nose offside 4 minutes and twenty passes before a goal is scored. :roll:
Clattenburg spoke a lot of sense about it. He doesn't believe in all this drawing lines on the screen shit and believes the tolerances should be much wider. I agree with him and then we wouldn't have these 5 minute hold ups. It should be there to stop the blatant cheating. He was reffing the famous game when Pedro Mendes shot was about 3 foot over the line and still haunted by it. Similarly he says there were missed opportunities to send players off because despite being the top ref in the land at the time, shit happens at pace and sometimes your angle can be blocked off etc. I agree with him that many things have been improved- far less off thr ball incidents for example. English football has always been run by imbeciles - they don't want it to work and they are doing an amazing job of ensuring it doesn't

It was never intended to have silly lines drawn on a screen. They are ruining something thar should work

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:04 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:54 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

Clattenburg spoke a lot of sense about it. He doesn't believe in all this drawing lines on the screen shit and believes the tolerances should be much wider. I agree with him and then we wouldn't have these 5 minute hold ups. It should be there to stop the blatant cheating. He was reffing the famous game when Pedro Mendes shot was about 3 foot over the line and still haunted by it. Similarly he says there were missed opportunities to send players off because despite being the top ref in the land at the time, shit happens at pace and sometimes your angle can be blocked off etc. I agree with him that many things have been improved- far less off thr ball incidents for example. English football has always been run by imbeciles - they don't want it to work and they are doing an amazing job of ensuring it doesn't

It was never intended to have silly lines drawn on a screen. They are ruining something thar should work
I take your point SteveO, and God knows the mupoets running it are either unbelievably incompetent or bent as fuck. But for me the only way VAR will ever work in football is if it is extremely limited. It should only be used for red card incidents and penno/dive decisions.

Another possibility would be to give each manager one or maybe two VAR calls per half where they can request a review of a decision. Once they use them that's it, no more, tough shit.

I don't particularly need football to be perfect. I can handle bad decisions, they happen to every team, but I do need VAR to stop fucking ruining goal celebrations and stopping the game for stupid shit like offsides so far from goal they impact nothing. I actually enjoyed football far more before VAR came in and the refs were as bad back then as they are now.

Football is nothing like the other sports that use this kind of technology, they are all slow and mostly dull and the delays etc don't impact the enjoyment for the viewer the way VAR has ruined modern football.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I think VAR tries too hard to make the game 'perfect' and 'flawless.' The original idea of VAR was to overturn 'clear' and/or 'obvious' errors. If you have to start drawing lines, or it will take more than 30 seconds to make a decision, then it is neither 'clear' or 'obvious.'

VAR should be given a limited scope, and it should be made clear that it is not to be used to go all CSI on every incident to find a pube offside.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:56 am
I think VAR tries too hard to make the game 'perfect' and 'flawless.' The original idea of VAR was to overturn 'clear' and/or 'obvious' errors. If you have to start drawing lines, or it will take more than 30 seconds to make a decision, then it is neither 'clear' or 'obvious.'

VAR should be given a limited scope, and it should be made clear that it is not to be used to go all CSI on every incident to find a pube offside.
Succinctly put. 8)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:56 am

Yeah, I agree that there should be elements of human error for certain margins. Maybe its as simple as if you need to draw a line to start with, then it isn't clear and obvious and the decision stands. Goal line tech has also worked perfectly, and I also agree with DB's suggestion of the referral system. It would make managers think long and hard before wasting everyone's time. That certainly does work in cricket- the ridiculous constant appealing died down when the captain was given 15 seconds to make a call. The same thing would be great for diving- the manager or captain appeals, and if its a Blatant dive the appeal is lost. Would make them think twice about the constant baiting of the ref

There are many ways to make it work and still allow room for small errors. The answer most definitely isn't to scrap it altogether

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

More empty words from Webb:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67072868

The usual shit about things not being good enough and they need to make changes. Nothing ever changes because the officials aren't good enough and there is no accountability. Also, says that the city player was lucky to stay on the pitch on Sunday. So, tell supporters why he didn't send him off and take action against the ref. The public need to know why these decisions are or aren't being made and need to see consequences for poor decisions. Nobody trusts any of them because it becomes clearer and clearer each week that they do whatever they want and then run away to hide. It isn't good enough.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:53 am
More empty words from Webb:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67072868

The usual shit about things not being good enough and they need to make changes. Nothing ever changes because the officials aren't good enough and there is no accountability. Also, says that the city player was lucky to stay on the pitch on Sunday. So, tell supporters why he didn't send him off and take action against the ref. The public need to know why these decisions are or aren't being made and need to see consequences for poor decisions. Nobody trusts any of them because it becomes clearer and clearer each week that they do whatever they want and then run away to hide. It isn't good enough.
Couldn't agree more Perry:

They remind me of those Quango's that the various Governments used to set up; it was like 'Jobs for the boys' - There was no accountability and yet they used to make decisions that could have serious (and sometimes devastating) impact on peoples lives.

There needs to be an in Independent Body that has Complete Freedom from Webb, The PGMOL, The FA and FIFA/UEFA and the other Slimey, Money Grabbing Whores that 'hide' within their ranks.

They need to be investigated from root to branch and face Legal Consequences for ANY misdemeanours or rule breaking( problems is they make their own rules - a bit like the Third Reich in Germany in WW2)

Michael Oliver was part of an (get this) "Educational & Training" group of PGMOL Referee's and 'Advisers' that went on an All Paid For (and then some) trip 2 weeks ago to Saudi - and who owns $hitty? ...It went under the heading of being an Educational and Training Forum for the Refs and Officials in the Saudi League..They were paid Handsomely for their Expertise and Time..... It is THIS kind of thing that needs to be investigated also.

Wherever there is No Accountability for a persons or organisations actions you can bet your bottom dollar there will be all kinds of 'Favours' being done and 'strings' being pulled by those with the right amount of Money and so "Power".

Until there is a Full and Merciless Investigation of theseCUNTS - I will simply take it as a given that they are Corrupt and deserves to be treated like the Thieving Scum They Are.

:proudtosay:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

How many apologies do we think Arsenal is getting this season? We can do one better than last year and I say we get at least 10 apologies.

Also, PGMOL needs to understand it does them and the fans no good of releasing audio footage of decisions AFTER the game. We don't need to know what f*cked up decision you concluded to in order to get to the WRONG result.

The one where it showed the goal of Diaz being on-side and the VAR literally said 'it is on-side, are you good with this? We need to stop the game' and the VAR director or whoever it was says 'it's too late, carry on'. Disgusting.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Rian1 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:25 am
How many apologies do we think Arsenal is getting this season? We can do one better than last year and I say we get at least 10 apologies.

Also, PGMOL needs to understand it does them and the fans no good of releasing audio footage of decisions AFTER the game. We don't need to know what f*cked up decision you concluded to in order to get to the WRONG result.

The one where it showed the goal of Diaz being on-side and the VAR literally said 'it is on-side, are you good with this? We need to stop the game' and the VAR director or whoever it was says 'it's too late, carry on'. Disgusting.
It’s because the Laws of the game state it can’t be stopped once it restarts …… :roll: :roll:

Absolute bollocks, the whole point of football is to score goals, one is often enough to win the game, tel the ref, it was a goal, proven.
Add the time back in for the 30 seconds of play or however long it had gone on for. Really not difficult.

VAR interfered at Old Trafford to give a foul easily enough when we scored last season but couldn’t interfere when the ref “missed” the lunging studs up foul on Rice just moment after his first one ….. again bollocks

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Just watching the Arsenal v Juventus game from 2001/02 Long Before VAR and the game was so much better without it

TH14 Scoring one of his Amazing Free Kicks - Top Left Bins! 8)