Shower of bindipping arseholes* who got us all banned in the 80s H Fa Cup Sun 7th Jan KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Shower of bindipping arseholes* who got us all banned in the 80s H Fa Cup Sun 7th Jan KO 430pm

Post by Gunner Rob »

Midz wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:47 pm
I thought they'd done away with them too but obviously not. It's silly in this day and age not to settle the match on the day. Replays suck ass. fucking putas!!
Really ?

What would you rather watch - a replay at Anfield or some meaningless European group stage game in Bulgaria?
That is what is coming by the way and the season will be all the poorer for it

Gunner Rob

Re: Shower of bindipping arseholes* who got us all banned in the 80s H Fa Cup Sun 7th Jan KO 430pm

Post by Gunner Rob »

I was reading recently about the 1980 FA Cup Semi Final (the 1st FA Cup I properly remember)
That SF with Liverpool went to 3 replays, so 4 matches in total. Add into that a league match and we played them 5 times inside a month.

Proper football 8)

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:24 pm
I was reading recently about the 1980 FA Cup Semi Final (the 1st FA Cup I properly remember)
That SF with Liverpool went to 3 replays, so 4 matches in total. Add into that a league match and we played them 5 times inside a month.

Proper football 8)
In one of the replays (3rd match ?) we scored in the opening minute, through Talbot, I think, then conceded in the 90th minute :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:34 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:

Proper football 8)
In one of the replays (3rd match ?) we scored in the opening minute, through Talbot, I think, then conceded in the 90th minute :banghead:

Sounds a lot like now. :? :D

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

After the recent results we've had I don't feel much like posting. Not many positive thoughts. I won't mention Avitz - oh I just did - sorry. Still love the 'Cup' don't know why because it's not worth much. Just some great memories. I fear we'll end up drawing & a replay up there. Hope I'm wrong. :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ray C wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:19 pm
After the recent results we've had I don't feel much like posting. Not many positive thoughts. I won't mention Avitz - oh I just did - sorry. Still love the 'Cup' don't know why because it's not worth much. Just some great memories. I fear we'll end up drawing & a replay up there. Hope I'm wrong. :barscarf: :barscarf:
You are in good company Ray mate. Many of us older Gooners still love the Cup. Shame the money in the game has devalued it as a trophy. A real shame. :(

I still love it. 8)

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

No idea how this one will go , if these players have any professional pride they will realise how much they have let the fans down the last couple weeks and come out firing and get tore into these filth.

Crowd need to be up for it and play their part!

COYG!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Gunner Rob wrote:

Proper football 8)
yes decider was at coventry....real excitement and played in front of a packed ground

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I've not got a good feeling about this today :( We've been utter shite for a good few weeks now,its not just the last couple of games as a lot of people think.I just hope we can get up for this as i despise these utter *word censored*.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Just heard Jesus is injured (again! :roll: ) and could be out for up to 3 - 4 weeks. So we can all look forward to watching Eddie up front. :cry: This was going to be a difficult enough game as it was, but at least Jesus is industrious and give's their midfield and defence no rest and unlike Eddie doesn't just saunter around like he's on a stroll through the park with the kids... :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:08 pm
Just heard Jesus is injured (again! :roll: ) and could be out for up to 3 - 4 weeks. So we can all look forward to watching Eddie up front. :cry: This was going to be a difficult enough game as it was, but at least Jesus is industrious and give's their midfield and defence no rest and unlike Eddie doesn't just saunter around like he's on a stroll through the park with the kids... :banghead:
If that's true, I think it puts a totally different perspective on things. Much has been made of Salah's absence and there's no doubt that makes them significantly weaker and the bastard always seems to score against us too! In addition to that the mainstays of their new midfield - Endo plus the Hungarian lad Szkjefkhckehfkwehbfkw are both unavailable too. I don't rate them much anyway - especially away from home

However, Eddie is a fucking waste of space. I can only hope that Jesus's injury means they absolutely have to go full tilt over the next week or so to land a proper CF

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Jesus injured again? Just get rid, too many injured passengers in this squad.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Just got a text from someone attending the game who gets early team info that says 'he (Jesus) is facing a last minute fitness check' . But agree if he is injured again that is once too often. Also he is one of Arteta's favourites and so unlike Tierney he won't be shipped out.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Same sick notes all the time - Tomi, Partey, Jesus, Tierney, ESR and Zinchenko.

Bin the fucking lot of them.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It's like that old TV Hospital Drama: "Emergency Ward 10". Except there's no pretty nurses. :?