ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nick Nack

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Nick Nack »

augie wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:56 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:54 am
🚨🔴⚪️ Arsenal have rejected West Ham initial approach for Emile Smith-Rowe to join on loan.

No intention to let ESR leave on loan as still considered key for Arteta squad; player also happy to stay at #AFC.

Like I suggested before, someone above el basque must be making that decision - smith-rowe has made just two starts all season so no way can diet pep claim him to be a key player when he wont give him game time. Last season smith-rowe was behind the portugese pussy in the pecking order, and this season even though the portugese pussy has been out injured for months, smith-rowe still cant get game time so what does that say for his standing in the squad ? Being brought on in 88th minute against the victims also tells its own story :roll: :oops: :oops:
It's like the treatment of Tierney and others. The little game time ESR has had he always looks like he wants to make things happen. I reckon that he doesn't follow the "process " :cussing:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Toney 365 is definitely scoring here, you just know it.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Roddaz Knows

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

According to reports in Spain, Real Sociedad midfielder Martin Zubimendi has 'picked Arsenal' and has bid 'farewell' to the La Liga side

Arsenalfanatics on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ArsenalFanaticsNews

Don’t watch any Spanish football ?

Any inside knowledge on him from those in the know ?

Partey sold to make way for him ?
Last edited by Stuart L (2) on Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

augie

Post by augie »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:55 pm
According to reports in Spain, Real Sociedad midfielder Martin Zubimendi has 'picked Arsenal' and has bid 'farewell' to the La Liga side

Any reports I've read on the guy talk extremely highly of him, but I havent seen him play. We have been linked with him for a long time which is somewhat reassuring rather than being linked with the latest trendy guy who might just be having his 5 minutes of fame. Traditionally sociedad develops good players which is also encouraging, but everything I had read previously suggested that the player was refusing to leave until the end of this season at the earliest, so I doubt we signing him this month

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

augie wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:02 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:

Any reports I've read on the guy talk extremely highly of him, but I havent seen him play. We have been linked with him for a long time which is somewhat reassuring rather than being linked with the latest trendy guy who might just be having his 5 minutes of fame. Traditionally sociedad develops good players which is also encouraging, but everything I had read previously suggested that the player was refusing to leave until the end of this season at the earliest, so I doubt we signing him this month

The 5 mins of fame is exactly what I think of that ex Forest guy Spence, who went to the scum for £20m on the back of one good game against us

He is now on loan at Rennes

I have read Zubamendi has a release clause, so if met, Sociadad have little choice, but surely we have made enquiries about if he wants to come, ?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I believe that Arteta played for them , his home club . Maybe he is on good terms.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:29 pm
Toney 365 is definitely scoring here, you just know it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Superb.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:

They can have all the reports they like, Arsenal hasn't got an FFP pot to piss in. The only way we get anyone in is if we sell a homegrown player like Eddie or Reiss. We have to wait until the next accounting year when the CL revenues kick in and everything resets.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:25 am
Stuart L (2) wrote:

They can have all the reports they like, Arsenal hasn't got an FFP pot to piss in. The only way we get anyone in is if we sell a homegrown player like Eddie or Reiss. We have to wait until the next accounting year when the CL revenues kick in and everything resets.

Swiss ramble says differently, that FFP should not be an issue preventing us buying in this window.
Obviously sales help as they got fully taken in account and selling an academy player is pure profit…..Eddie, Nelson, step forward.

I have looked for the link ( he was speaking with Ian Wright ) but cant find it at the moment

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:15 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:25 am
Stuart L (2) wrote:

Swiss ramble says differently, that FFP should not be an issue preventing us buying in this window.
Obviously sales help as they got fully taken in account and selling an academy player is pure profit…..Eddie, Nelson, step forward.

I have looked for the link ( he was speaking with Ian Wright ) but cant find it at the moment
I haven't read any Ramble stuff for a while now he's disappeared behind a paywall, whilst I do not doubt that we aren't in breach at this exact moment in time, any large transaction I fear would have us testing the limits.

The CL money is going to show on this years accounts ending in May and we will have record gate receipts after the club scammed the fans with a CAT A game vs Porto at full whack for season ticket holders, so thats why I say we won't go large (like Toney or Oshimen) until the summer.

Its going to be more window dressing than big deals, unless we get £20-£30m for one of our fringe players.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

From El Mundo deportivo :- "Zubimendi lleva tres semanas sin entrenar"

Which basically means that he hasn't been training for 3 weeks .

So he's been injured , sounds perfect.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:23 pm
From El Mundo deportivo :- "Zubimendi lleva tres semanas sin entrenar"

Which basically means that he hasn't been training for 3 weeks .

So he's been injured , sounds perfect.
That's probably why we've shown an interest. Every football scout in Europe and every agent in the world sends us a list of all the injured players they've seen or represent and then we put offers in for the ones who've missed the most games over the last couple of years.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Nuno Tavares shags his dog, pass it on.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Joe Cole? :barmaid: