Aaron Ramsdale...worrying

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nick Nack

Re: Aaron Ramsdale...worrying

Post by Nick Nack »

:high5:
Kingralph wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:25 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:17 am
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67743805

From that world renown goalkeeper Karen

Ramsdale can’t concentrate and has an awful habit of kicking the ball straight to the opposition ( see the Southampton match last season or Brentford this season )

Other than that not much in it, but Raya will, over time, gel with the rest of the defence.

However, I’ve not seen him make a world class save yet, that I can recall, or had a game where he was man of the match.
Who the fuck is this moistened bint? She needs to go back to pretending that women’s footy is relevant and let the grown ups talk about proper sport
:high5:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I can’t think of another players dad, who makes it all about himself

Bit like Anelka's brothers that ruined his career.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Kingralph wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:

Ramsdale can’t concentrate and has an awful habit of kicking the ball straight to the opposition ( see the Southampton match last season or Brentford this season )

Other than that not much in it, but Raya will, over time, gel with the rest of the defence.

However, I’ve not seen him make a world class save yet, that I can recall, or had a game where he was man of the match.
Who the fuck is this moistened bint? She needs to go back to pretending that women’s footy is relevant and let the grown ups talk about proper sport
Amen.

They now have their own fucking shit version of the game. Why the fuck can't they talk about that and leave the real game alone? :roll:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:49 am
Kingralph wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:

Amen.

They now have their own fucking shit version of the game. Why the fuck can't they talk about that and leave the real game alone? :roll:
Following BBC agenda....their reporting of news follows the same

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

I found it quite interesting. :oops:

So far, Raya does not look at all like an upgrade on Ramsdale, but those stats (yeah I know) about shots saved didn't surprise me in the least. I'm on the record on here for saying that apart from the most common criticisms of Ramsdale (caught in possession/dodgy distribution, poor positioning, flapping at crosses etc), I've always thought that he should have done better with a lot of the goals we conceded. They aren't outright errors, but I'd watch and think that a top keeper would have got to some of those efforts. The stats in this article back that up.

Worryingly, it looks as though we'd have been better off keeping Leno. I won't mention Emi, because I know that triggers some people. :wink:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Ramsdale is a fucking liability and his Arsenal career should be 100% over.

We should look at bringing in an back-up goalie in, on a free, for the rest of the season; we cannot risk Raya getting fucked and having to play the walking disaster again.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:51 pm
Ramsdale is a fucking liability and his Arsenal career should be 100% over.

We should look at bringing in an back-up goalie in, on a free, for the rest of the season; we cannot risk Raya getting fucked and having to play the walking disaster again.
I was a Ramsdale defender but last night was a complete fuck up.

Raya made the exact same mistake against city only for the ball to go wide.

Saying that I prefer Raya in goal.

Passing back to keeper like that will always invite trouble.