Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
45%

Total votes: 101

Redarmy

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by Redarmy »

Got to say well aware of all his mistakes, weird substitutions, preference for favourites and in game managment....understand hes spent a fortune rebuilding but the squad was full of dead wood and hangers on, yes hes signed a few duds...but believe he truly loves the club and to me thats important

Would not want to change him, even find it hard to critise him really....remember a few years ago and we were desperately trying to get just a top 4 place and scum from down the road was above us...

Now with 10 games to go we are challenging for the title.... :barscarf:

Viv Andersons Tache

Post by Viv Andersons Tache »

Artetas “favourites” ? Keep hearing this. Seems a funny criticism. Who exactly are they out of interest ?

Zinchenko who has to be played because the alternatives are all injured.

I’d say Nketiah who got more minutes than he deserved. Anyone else ?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Viv Andersons Tache wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:03 am
Artetas “favourites” ? Keep hearing this. Seems a funny criticism. Who exactly are they out of interest ?

We'll find out if he has or not when we play Man City. :D

I really hope he doesn't play zinchenko because Foden will have a field day.

Viv Andersons Tache

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:29 am

We'll find out if he has or not when we play Man City. :D

I really hope he doesn't play zinchenko because Foden will have a field day.
No chance Zinchenko starts at the etihad.

Unless kiwior and Tommy are injured

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

ESR not a favourite...gets no game time

Martinelli is not a favourite...recently man of match but gets subbed after 70 mins, never heard a good word about him from Arteta

favourite example being havertz who was shit for many, many games and should have been dropped on form, kept playing him

Hugging him and pushing him to the crowd when he managerd to score a penalty...fucking embarrassing that was

zinchenko is shit...he cannot defend

anything else???

To reiterate .....my stance is not to want him out ...but seems super fans can take no criticism

Viv Andersons Tache

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:57 pm

favourite example being havertz who was shit for many, many games and should have been dropped on form, kept playing him

Hugging him and pushing him to the crowd when he managerd to score a penalty...fucking embarrassing that was
You do acknowledge it’s part of a coaches job to try and instil confidence in a player so he becomes assured enough to …….i dunno say score 2 last gasp winners against Brentford in the league winning us 4 points. You must get that right ?

Yes he took a few games to integrate but if Havertz was that bad he would have been dropped and we wouldn’t be top off the league.

Martinelli ? He’s a little fact for you, he’s started every single game this season when he’s been available and not injured. If fit Arteta plays him religiously even though Trossard is a very decent alternative. Not sure how you can say he’s not a favourite. Sub after 20 minutes seems acceptable surely ? Are we back to critiquing the timing of subs ?

Smith Rowe well I think he could do with some more minutes but he’s not a good option if either central position as he brings energy but not enough guile and his most success came when he was actually starting on the left in martinellis spot. Everyone forgets this.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:29 pm
Redarmy wrote:

You do acknowledge it’s part of a coaches job to try and instil confidence in a player so he becomes assured enough to …….i dunno say score 2 last gasp winners against Brentford in the league winning us 4 points. You must get that right ?

Yes he took a few games to integrate but if Havertz was that bad he would have been dropped and we wouldn’t be top off the league.

Martinelli ? He’s a little fact for you, he’s started every single game this season when he’s been available and not injured. If fit Arteta plays him religiously even though Trossard is a very decent alternative. Not sure how you can say he’s not a favourite. Sub after 20 minutes seems acceptable surely ? Are we back to critiquing the timing of subs ?

Smith Rowe well I think he could do with some more minutes but he’s not a good option if either central position as he brings energy but not enough guile and his most success came when he was actually starting on the left in martinellis spot. Everyone forgets this.
I'm pretty sure Martinelli was dropped for a few games

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:

Whoa steady on fella....im expressing my opinon on what i have seen, im not getting bogged down on every aspect,....i disagree with a lot you have said..and dont like your patronising tone....so fuck right off

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

RED ARRRMMMYYY ! :barscarf:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:50 pm
Redarmy wrote:

Whoa steady on fella....im expressing my opinon on what i have seen, im not getting bogged down on every aspect,....i disagree with a lot you have said..and dont like your patronising tone....so fuck right off

:lol: :lol: :lol:

'Ere Red, that's no way to speak to Wilson....errrr, I mean Viv. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Does Viv live in the "Village"? :D

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Some managers are lucky, if Arteta is just that as well as a great coach thats the perfect combo for me.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

He is starting to get under the skin of rival fans and managers. Wen your manager has rival fans frothing at the mouth, its always a good sign.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Went into work this morning, and utd and Liverpool fans slating him ,they don't like his antics on the sidelines,I love it ,told them I couldn't give a shit about his antics,and asked the question when other managers do similar why do they not get the same scrutiny, its always arsenal the pundits are lining up to slate

Fuck them.all :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:06 am
Went into work this morning, and utd and Liverpool fans slating him ,they don't like his antics on the sidelines,I love it ,told them I couldn't give a shit about his antics,and asked the question when other managers do similar why do they not get the same scrutiny, its always arsenal the pundits are lining up to slate

Fuck them.all :barscarf:
A victims* fan moaning about a manager's sideline carry on? :shock: :oops:

Does that cùnt even understand what irony is? :lol: :lol: :lol: