Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
45%

Total votes: 101

mcdowell42

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by mcdowell42 »

DB they're not the brightest when I mentioned Klopp they weren't interested :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:11 am
DB they're not the brightest when I mentioned Klopp they weren't interested :lol:
:lol:

Don't I know it! Oirish victims* fans are possibly the dumbest pack of wànkers I've ever encountered. :lol: :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

They're a fucking dose, honestly hate them more than the spurs wankers

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:09 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:06 am
Went into work this morning, and utd and Liverpool fans slating him ,they don't like his antics on the sidelines,I love it ,told them I couldn't give a shit about his antics,and asked the question when other managers do similar why do they not get the same scrutiny, its always arsenal the pundits are lining up to slate

Fuck them.all :barscarf:
A victims* fan moaning about a manager's sideline carry on? :shock: :oops:

Does that cùnt even understand what irony is? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Probably thinks it's something his missus does with his clothes. Wanker

(The Victim not you DB, although....) :wink: :D

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:54 am
They're a fucking dose, honestly hate them more than the spurs wankers
An absolute dose.

When they won the COVID title the amount of pricks that had a champions flag out in garden was ridiculous :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nick Nack wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:55 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:09 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:06 am
Went into work this morning, and utd and Liverpool fans slating him ,they don't like his antics on the sidelines,I love it ,told them I couldn't give a shit about his antics,and asked the question when other managers do similar why do they not get the same scrutiny, its always arsenal the pundits are lining up to slate

Fuck them.all :barscarf:
A victims* fan moaning about a manager's sideline carry on? :shock: :oops:

Does that cùnt even understand what irony is? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Probably thinks it's something his missus does with his clothes. Wanker

(The Victim not you DB, although....) :wink: :D
:lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rafa Benitez just sacked by Celta Vigo!

He's available!

:fishing:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

So whats the verdict on Mikel now, he's winning every way for me. Good, bad, ugly.

And he's made mistakes on the way, but got a lot of things right along the way. Walking out of the North Bank last night, the consensus was that he got it right with Raya, and we shouldn't really question his decisions. Ramsdale wouldn't have made those saves, as much as I love Rambo, his time at Arsenal is done now. MA is ruthless.

We used to exist in the CL at the end of Wenger's reign, we are now joint 2nd favs behind City, with RM.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:35 am
So whats the verdict on Mikel now, he's winning every way for me. Good, bad, ugly.

And he's made mistakes on the way, but got a lot of things right along the way. Walking out of the North Bank last night, the consensus was that he got it right with Raya, and we shouldn't really question his decisions. Ramsdale wouldn't have made those saves, as much as I love Rambo, his time at Arsenal is done now. MA is ruthless.

We used to exist in the CL at the end of Wenger's reign, we are now joint 2nd favs behind City, with RM.
Surely we can question his decisions?

Supporters from.every club questions the managers decisions. You can't blindly follow.

I can't fault him with the position we are in but still a long way to go. He has brought back the pride to play for the club which is huge.

The prospect of putting zinchenko back into the side terrifies me but I'd very surprised if he does do that
Last edited by IW8Goalmachine on Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:18 am
Rafa Benitez just sacked by Celta Vigo!

He's available!

:fishing:

That fat bawbags had the sack more times than Katie Price ffs :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:

Seriously? Do you believe this "concensus"? I never had you down as a sheep Nutty, but Jesus that is a sheep-like comment mate.

We are on a really good run. Last season we were also on a good run and Arteta completely shit the bed. What happens if the same thing occurs this season? Can we question him then?

For me he has proven nothing except that he can get us on a good run after spending 700million.

That's good. But it's not great.

Winning trophies is what I call great. That's the standard a manager of the Arsenal must be judged by.

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:

Bullshit - where is the ruthless streak with zinchenko ? Last night for an hour I thought havertz worked hard, but scoring a goals against shit teams doesnt mean the cone boy was correct buying him for 65m so where is the ruthless streak there ? I shouldnt need to say it, but a ruthless manager would have taken saka off last night cos he was shit and falling over at times when porto players breathed on him - pep looked at de bruyne hiding in a big game last Sunday and subbed him off regardless of what he done in the past, and that is what ruthless managers do. Diet pep is ruthless when it suits him, but with other players it is completely different story

2nd favourites to win champs league ?? Not a snowballs chance in hell this team wins champions league

EssexGooner1981

Post by EssexGooner1981 »

augie wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:52 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

Bullshit - where is the ruthless streak with zinchenko ? Last night for an hour I thought havertz worked hard, but scoring a goals against shit teams doesnt mean the cone boy was correct buying him for 65m so where is the ruthless streak there ? I shouldnt need to say it, but a ruthless manager would have taken saka off last night cos he was shit and falling over at times when porto players breathed on him - pep looked at de bruyne hiding in a big game last Sunday and subbed him off regardless of what he done in the past, and that is what ruthless managers do. Diet pep is ruthless when it suits him, but with other players it is completely different story

2nd favourites to win champs league ?? Not a snowballs chance in hell this team wins champions league
If we did win it, as a percentage split, how much of you would be elated that we won and utterly fucking infuriated he managed it? :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

EssexGooner1981 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:03 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:52 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

If we did win it, as a percentage split, how much of you would be elated that we won and utterly fucking infuriated he managed it? :lol:

I'm old school so traditionally I would have always wanted to win the domestic league above all else (how can a team be champions of europe if not champions in their own country ? :? ), but tbh right now I am sick of hearing victims c.unts mouthing about us never winning champs league so I want that and dont care who is manager when we do it.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:18 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

Seriously? Do you believe this "concensus"? I never had you down as a sheep Nutty, but Jesus that is a sheep-like comment mate.

We are on a really good run. Last season we were also on a good run and Arteta completely shit the bed. What happens if the same thing occurs this season? Can we question him then?

For me he has proven nothing except that he can get us on a good run after spending 700million.

That's good. But it's not great.

Winning trophies is what I call great. That's the standard a manager of the Arsenal must be judged by.
Not sure last seasons failure to clinch the title was purely down to Arteta

We lost Saliba at a crucial time and I think from memory had to play Holding ?
Players fucked up at vital times - Ramsdale passing it to a Southampton player on the edge of our box in the opening moments
Partey attempting to flick it over Rice away at West Ham with us cruising 2-0 up
Xhaka being a twat at Anfield again at 2-0 up

So, players / circumstances also responsible
( no excuse for the capitulation at home to Brighton )

We are in a run of 8 straight wins in the league - top of the table , in the last 8 of the champions league for the first time in absolute years and still people question is he doing a good job.

Add in the atmosphere at home games and away alike and we are still fighting against officials and VAR alike game after game.

We haven’t peaked yet, nowhere near, yet we are challenging hard a City side who are potentially on for an unprecedented 4th title in a row and current treble winners.

I will take what Arteta and the team is currently producing over the possibility of whatever replacement manager you can name would offer.
We have the most wins, most goals scored, least goals conceded- :rubchin: what more do we expect ?

A huge part of Rice signing for us was his belief in Arteta - Martinelli, Saka, Saliba all signed new contracts when previously our star players were constantly linked with going elsewhere.

Is it perfect ? No, but it ain’t too shabby for a cone boy :lol: