Welcome Takehiro Tomiyasu

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Welcome Takehiro Tomiyasu

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:45 pm
Midz wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:03 am
Takehiro Tomiyasu heads to the Asian Cup in January, potentially missing up to five games for the Gunners depending on how far his native Japan get in the tournament. - football.london
I didn't know such a cup even existed, FFS!!
but the good news is that the only half decent player that the scum have got (Son) will also be heading to this tournament :D
Hopefully Scuba Son eats the wrong dog* over there and ends up with 6 months of volcanic diarrhea blowing out of his ass. :-P

Too far with the dog joke? Did I trigger any of you woke lezzer cùnts on here?

Yes?

Good.

:lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:12 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Midz wrote:
Takehiro Tomiyasu heads to the Asian Cup in January, potentially missing up to five games for the Gunners depending on how far his native Japan get in the tournament. - football.london
but the good news is that the only half decent player that the scum have got (Son) will also be heading to this tournament :D
Hopefully Scuba Son eats the wrong dog* over there and ends up with 6 months of volcanic diarhea blowing out of his ass. :-P

Yes?

Good.

I think Retro might object. :D :wink:

No! Not At All ! But you missed an opportunity to use the term Wong instead of Wrong. :roll: Fuck maaaate A Golden Opportunity...Still Fur Enough that's a whole other tail...and you have been feeling Pawly. :D

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

🚨 Arsenal in negotiations with Takehiro Tomiyasu over new long-term contract. Offer to 25yo has been made + expectation is agreement will be reached in due course. Would extend & improve current deal (2025 + option for extra 12 months) @TheAthleticFC #AFC (Tomiyasu) #arsenalfanaticsnews

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:29 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Midz wrote:
Hopefully Scuba Son eats the wrong dog* over there and ends up with 6 months of volcanic diarhea blowing out of his ass. :-P

Yes?

Good.

No! Not At All ! But you missed an opportunity to use the term Wong instead of Wrong. :roll: Fuck maaaate A Golden Opportunity...Still Fur Enough that's a whole other tail...and you have been feeling Pawly. :D
All this terrible faux-racist shit we've been lightheartedly spouting :wink: reminds me of a mate of mine years ago being told he was racist for cracking dog eating jokes about Koreans. His response was priceless:

"I'm not a racist. I like all the chinky countries". :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:53 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:29 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Midz wrote:

Yes?

Good.

All this terrible faux-racist shit we've been lightheartedly spouting :wink: reminds me of a mate of mine years ago being told he was racist for cracking dog eating jokes about Koreans. His response was priceless:

"I'm not a racist. I like all the chinky countries". :shock:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Takehiro Tomiyasu has signed a new contract with Arsenal to 2026 with the option to extend by a further year.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Midz wrote:
Hopefully Scuba Son eats the wrong dog* over there and ends up with 6 months of volcanic diarrhea blowing out of his ass. :-P

Yes?

Good.

I hear he's starting up a new brand "Pot Poodle"

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:05 am
Takehiro Tomiyasu has signed a new contract with Arsenal to 2026 with the option to extend by a further year.
I'm very positive about pretty much all things Arsenal these days but fuck sake :banghead:

I CAN NOT TOLERATE SICK NOTES :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:50 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
I'm very positive about pretty much all things Arsenal these days but fuck sake :banghead:

I CAN NOT TOLERATE SICK NOTES :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I like the guy I suppose, and he is a whole hearted player for sure, but I'm not sure what this says about the direction we are heading - sunbed ben is also signing a new deal, and imo timber is better than the two of them combined, so why do we need 3 right backs ? Of course the answer will be that one of them will be played out of position at left full instead of maybe selling one of them and actually a proper left back :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:39 pm
rodders999 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

I like the guy I suppose, and he is a whole hearted player for sure, but I'm not sure what this says about the direction we are heading - sunbed ben is also signing a new deal, and imo timber is better than the two of them combined, so why do we need 3 right backs ? Of course the answer will be that one of them will be played out of position at left full instead of maybe selling one of them and actually a proper left back :roll:
Oi Augie nooooooooooooo.....I'm a huge fan of Benny Blanco Mr. 8 out of 10 every week so we'll have less of that slander on here thank you very much.

I like Tomi too and he's rock solid on his day but his from did nosedive in the past 12 months and a large part of that was due to him dropping in and out of the team due to recurring injuries. 9 times out of 10 players who have a history of constantly picking up injuries continue to do so throughout their career. It's happened to us countless times with the likes of Diaby, Rosicky, Wilshere, Tierney and Partey. Add Tomi, Zinchenko and ESR to that list while we're at it. We should not be extending the contracts of players who cannot be relied upon to stay fit for any length of time, we did that too many times before during the banter era and it's crazy we're doing it again here.

Tomi would be nailed on to start left full away to city next week if he was fit, but the problem is he's not as per usual. Once he comes back into the team he'll play 3 or 4 games and he'll be crocked again, rinse and repeat, except this time he'll be on a bumper new contract.

Crazy.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:11 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:39 pm
rodders999 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Oi Augie nooooooooooooo.....I'm a huge fan of Benny Blanco Mr. 8 out of 10 every week so we'll have less of that slander on here thank you very much.

I like Tomi too and he's rock solid on his day but his from did nosedive in the past 12 months and a large part of that was due to him dropping in and out of the team due to recurring injuries. 9 times out of 10 players who have a history of constantly picking up injuries continue to do so throughout their career. It's happened to us countless times with the likes of Diaby, Rosicky, Wilshere, Tierney and Partey. Add Tomi, Zinchenko and ESR to that list while we're at it. We should not be extending the contracts of players who cannot be relied upon to stay fit for any length of time, we did that too many times before during the banter era and it's crazy we're doing it again here.

Tomi would be nailed on to start left full away to city next week if he was fit, but the problem is he's not as per usual. Once he comes back into the team he'll play 3 or 4 games and he'll be crocked again, rinse and repeat, except this time he'll be on a bumper new contract.

Crazy.
Have to agree. A sicknote is as much use as a shit player. Get rid.

Midz

Post by Midz »

rodders999 wrote:
Once he comes back into the team he'll play 3 or 4 games and he'll be crocked again, rinse and repeat, except this time he'll be on a bumper new contract.

Crazy.
Doesn't make much sense to me either. He's living a dream playing for Arsenal, there was no need to boost his wages.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Midz wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:40 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Once he comes back into the team he'll play 3 or 4 games and he'll be crocked again, rinse and repeat, except this time he'll be on a bumper new contract.

Crazy.
Doesn't make much sense to me either. He's living a dream playing for Arsenal, there was no need to boost his wages.
Pay as you play deal, if you're fit to be named part of the matchday team/squad you get paid....if not you get fuck all.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Midz wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Crazy.
Where does it say his wages were boosted?

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:50 pm
Midz wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Crazy.
Pay as you play deal, if you're fit to be named part of the matchday team/squad you get paid....if not you get fuck all.
No player under the age of 40 is going to agree to a pay as you play deal. Get real Rodders