Kai Havertz

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Kai Havertz

Post by DB10GOONER »

The bar is so low for Havertz though. Has he improved since he joined? Yes, but only in so much as drinking piss is probably an improvement over eating shit. :lol: :wink:

I've said before you can see there is a player in there somewhere but whether we get to actually see more than just glimpses of that player is anyone's guess. :|

At the moment almost any consistently average player would still be an improvement on him tbh.

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:30 am
The bar is so low for Havertz though. Has he improved since he joined? Yes, but only in so much as drinking piss is probably an improvement over eating shit. :lol: :wink:

I've said before you can see there is a player in there somewhere but whether we get to actually see more than just glimpses of that player is anyone's guess. :|

At the moment almost any consistently average player would still be an improvement on him tbh.
He's not the answer. Nor Jesus nor is the Feather.

I'm not entirely sure who the answer is.

If the price was right I'd take a punt on Toney, but I have a neeegliing doubt that it isn't the right option. Don't know why but something bugs me.

If Neto could transform into a striker a la Henry I think he would be mustard.

Viv Andersons Tache

Post by Viv Andersons Tache »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:01 pm
We wasted £65Million on Klaive the useless streak of piss when we could have signed Palmer from Cheaty for £42.5Million... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Another goal last night for Havertz. That’s 4 in the last 4 and 9 for the season. His interplay was excellent. If we had been playing him up top all season instead of in midfield he would be quite high up the goalscoring table for the premier league probably. He’s having a big impact on the side at the moment

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

He has improved slightly since I posted that ... as did many others on here... But he is still awkward in his first touch and link play and will often slow an attack down, he is quite gutsy considering he's built like a cocktail stick I'll give him that... He has yet to prove he can be an important part of the team as others have said the bar is 'Low'.

EssexGooner1981

Post by EssexGooner1981 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 pm
He has improved slightly since I posted that ... as did many others on here... But he is still awkward in his first touch and link play and will often slow an attack down, he is quite gutsy considering he's built like a cocktail stick I'll give him that... He has yet to prove he can be an important part of the team as others have said the bar is 'Low'.
I hope he does well. The stats don't lie over the past few games so I hope he really kicks on. His first touch to bring down the ball for Benny's goal was nice.

His dive can fuck right off though.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

EssexGooner1981 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:46 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
I hope he does well. The stats don't lie over the past few games so I hope he really kicks on. His first touch to bring down the ball for Benny's goal was nice.

yes looked like he was going to get sent off...

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:58 am
EssexGooner1981 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

That was all the Brentford manager was going on about - there have literally been hundreds of worse cases of playing for a foul that get laughed off and worse cases of serious fouls with intent to hurt that should be sending offs that haven’t been yet the press pander to that Arsenal won by default agenda :box: :box: fuck em all

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:43 pm
Redarmy wrote:
EssexGooner1981 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

That was all the Brentford manager was going on about - there have literally been hundreds of worse cases of playing for a foul that get laughed off and worse cases of serious fouls with intent to hurt that should be sending offs that haven’t been yet the press pander to that Arsenal won by default agenda :box: :box: fuck em all

Also the Yellow Card Havertz received for the so-called elbow on the Brentford player should never have been given; something the mediaCunts are omitting to mention. Both players went up to head the ball with BOTH players using their arms as leverage to gain height, which is a Natural Part of The Movement When Jumping, it just so happens that Havertz jumped higher and so his arm was above the Brentford players arm & shoulder and so caught him in the neck which of course the Brentford player made a meal off by rolling around holding his face (even though Havertz arm hit his neck Not his face)...And the Brentford manager failed to mention that bit on how his big tough defender acted like a fucking WussCuntSnowflake. Selective Reporting against us yet again. :roll: Ceeeeuunnttsss.

EssexGooner1981

Post by EssexGooner1981 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:24 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
EssexGooner1981 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Also the Yellow Card Havertz received for the so-called elbow on the Brentford player should never have been given; something the mediaCunts are omitting to mention. Both players went up to head the ball with BOTH players using their arms as leverage to gain height, which is a Natural Part of The Movement When Jumping, it just so happens that Havertz jumped higher and so his arm was above the Brentford players arm & shoulder and so caught him in the neck which of course the Brentford player made a meal off by rolling around holding his face (even though Havertz arm hit his neck Not his face)...And the Brentford manager failed to mention that bit on how his big tough defender acted like a fucking WussCuntSnowflake. Selective Reporting against us yet again. :roll: Ceeeeuunnttsss.
Honest question, I forget the rules, does there need to be intent for a yellow in terms of elbowing for a header? Or is it just deemed semi-violent conduct/loss of control of the body = yellow whether it was intentional or not?

EDIT: Actually I probably know the answer; if there was intent it would be a red.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

EssexGooner1981 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:07 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:24 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
EssexGooner1981 wrote:

Honest question, I forget the rules, does there need to be intent for a yellow in terms of elbowing for a header? Or is it just deemed semi-violent conduct/loss of control of the body = yellow whether it was intentional or not?

EDIT: Actually I probably know the answer; if there was intent it would be a red.
Also as we all know it will depend on the Ref AND whoever is running VAR, seeing as there is No Consistency... In the same way as that Push on Gabriel when the Fat ToonCunts stole the game and Both the Ref and VAR waved it away. :? And in 2 separate games the following week-end the exact same kind of 'Push' was deemed worthy of a Free-kick etc

Viv Andersons Tache

I see Kai Havertz scored against an Mbappe led French side in Lyon yesterday. Thought he was supposed to ineffective in the big games.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Viv Andersons Tache wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:13 am
I see Kai Havertz scored against an Mbappe led French side in Lyon yesterday. Thought he was supposed to ineffective in the big games.
It was a friendly match :lol:

Viv Andersons Tache

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:16 am
Against a team full of class players.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:16 am
:coffeespit:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Haters gonna hate!

He's way better than some of the shite we've signed in the past 10-15 years. The Chavs just about drained every drop of confidence out of the lad as they have done with numerous players - Caicedo, Mudryk, Sterling, Enzo - to name a small handful. There's dozens more where they came from and if they want to keep doing that before letting us rebuild them, long may it continue! Serves them right for years of giving us utter c.unts like Cech, Gallas and David Luiz!

He isn't anywhere near as bad as has been made out on here. Sure, he took a while to settle but some players have been given a much longer leash than he has. Vieira by comparison has had one whole additional year at the club and been god awful in comparison and not turned up anywhere near as much as Havertz has. Tomiyasu likewise. I'd argue Zinchenko has done us more damage and Jesus has been very indifferent......yet they all seem to escape relatively freely compared to Havertz.

The bloke who apparently doesn't do big games but scored a winner in the Champions League final, winner in the FIFA World Club Final, the youngest player ever to make 50 Bundesliga appearances, second youngest to score 25 goals, and averages better than 1 in 3 for Germany including World Cups and Euros.

I'll admit, he was starting to worry me after the home game against Sheffield United where we looked lost despite us winning easily, but he has never been as bad as some make out on here......certainly not Xhaka proportions! He's turning out to be ok really isn't he? Go on.....admit it now!