Villa vaginas H Sun 14th April KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: Villa vaginas H Sun 14th April KO 430pm

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Missed the first half as playing first game of cricket season, saw about last twenty and we looked very ordinary, we must have been better in the first, did we miss some good chances

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:38 pm
Missed the first half as playing first game of cricket season, saw about last twenty and we looked very ordinary, we must have been better in the first, did we miss some good chances
Honestly Lefty mate if we had a half decent striker we'd have been two nil up in the first 25 minutes, maybe less.

Midz

Post by Midz »

I don't think we played too badly today, Villa were the better team. they wanted it more. They didn't cheat, they won fair and square.

With the exception of Martinelli every substitution made weakened the team rather than helping it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

cameron326 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:36 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:33 pm
Well now we know...

Still the same mental fragility

And yes we will miss not having a centre forward. Jesus absolutely pathetic and then you see Nketiah's cameo and you realise his back up is even worse

Game over for another boring season. We will play like 11 strangers wading through treacle in lead boots in Munich, and that's it again. Another boring City win with everyone else not up to it

Thanks Arsene - you created all of this. An empty silent bowl playing host to games like that.

Look forward to rolling Everton over on the last day to close the gap to 9 points
I don’t think it’s the mentality tbh - we just played a great side - almost our equal, and managed by a far better manager than ours. Emery was shit for us because he couldn’t handle the egos, but in the right setting he’s an elite manager. Arteta isn’t.
Villa are not a great team. They are a good team on their day. That was not the difference today. We were pathetic garbage the entire second half. That's the difference.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

The emptying of the stadium today before the final whistle, just like Brighton last season, after the pathetic atmosphere is fucking embarrassing too

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

The only upside of a terrible performance is that every team we face from now in the league will be worse than them. If we can somehiw win our 6 remaining games, that would still give us I reckon a 50-50 chance. Maybe we have a 1/10 chance still if lifting the PL, same as Liverpool. The game against Bayern will tell us how the rest of the season might go.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:39 pm
Honestly Lefty mate if we had a half decent striker we'd have been two nil up in the first 25 minutes, maybe less.
Ffs and yet I heard from some Arsenal insider (on youtube lol I don't live in a certain village) that our priority in the summer is not a cf :roll:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:42 pm
The emptying of the stadium today before the final whistle, just like Brighton last season, after the pathetic atmosphere is fucking embarrassing too
Well if you’ve forgotten something in the shop you gotta get in before the crowds don’t ya

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:43 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:39 pm
Ffs and yet I heard from some Arsenal insider (on youtube lol I don't live in a certain village) that our priority in the summer is not a cf :roll:
It wouldn't surprise me mate. I reckon Zinchenko will be captain next season.... :(

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

I think we have improved but we’re still missing that goalscorer to dig us out of a whole when the manager fucks up on the big occasions or when we’re facing elite European opposition. The team that signed the City reject striker will likely lose the title to aforementioned who signed a top 3 striker in the world. It’s not rocket science.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Actually looking forward to the cricket season, Wimbledon and the Olympics already....but hey what's new with us at this time of the season. If Bayern hammer us on Weds which they will, I'll come and make the teas and keep the scorebook because it will be more entertaining than 11 pussies doing their usual disappearing act

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gotta go put the PS5 on and calm down by shooting a load of stuff. If it was yesterday I'd have put a couple dozen rounds downwind at my gun club. :box:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fuck me state the obvious but Jamie "my daddy is a manager" Redkrapp is a fucking mong. :censored:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If we’d have gone down I’d swinging I’d be gutted but could live with it better than the complete fucking no show second half being played in front of deathly silence.

Every single player a disgrace, every one :banghead:

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Our left back situation needs sorted before our striker situation.