Bayern bumholes A Ch lge QF 2nd leg Weds 17th April KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: Bayern bumholes A Ch lge QF 2nd leg Weds 17th April KO 8pm

Post by Retro Gunner »

I've got no positive expectations for this game, so am reasonably relaxed, although that will no doubt change come 8 pm. As others have said, our chances depend on the team he puts out and if he goes with Sunday's line up, then we're fucked.

This Bayern side aren't a patch on what we're used to seeing, but I fear they'll still know too much for us. I always maintain that the two vital positions on the pitch, the two positions that can win you games when you don't deserve it, are the goalkeeper and centre forward. We've got two dodgy keepers and as for our centre forward....errrr, we don't have one. :oops: Bayern have Neuer and Kane. :(

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Unfortunately we only have one dodgy keeper , the other has been largely ignored and it would be madness to see him start.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:30 pm
Unfortunately we only have one dodgy keeper , the other has been largely ignored and it would be madness to see him start.
I don’t rate either. I always find myself on edge and expecting a mistake out of either of them.

Personally, I’d send Raya back to Brentford at the end of the season and find another option. That won’t happen though. The goalkeeping coach we’ve got seems clueless.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

It might be because I sacked work off early today and been on the booze since lunchtime, it might be because the wife let me cash in a promise last night - it’s probably both; either way, we’re going to fucking do’em! :barscarf:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Bayern Munich v Arsenal

Double

Bayern Munich to win

Harry Kane
Player To Score

Stake: €100
Potential returns €347.88

Trust me lads, theres not a hope in the world that the gambling gods will permit this to happen, i am 100% dead cert in my predictions that by placing this bet im paying 100 quid to make sure it doesnt happen,,,,,your welcome!!

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

xgtdec wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:19 pm
Bayern Munich v Arsenal

Double

Bayern Munich to win

Harry Kane
Player To Score

Stake: €100
Potential returns €347.88

Trust me lads, theres not a hope in the world that the gambling gods will permit this to happen, i am 100% dead cert in my predictions that by placing this bet im paying 100 quid to make sure it doesnt happen,,,,,your welcome!!
Knowing our luck Kane won't score but we'll still get turded :cry:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:42 pm
It might be because I sacked work off early today and been on the booze since lunchtime, it might be because the wife let me cash in a promise last night - it’s probably both; either way, we’re going to fucking do’em! :barscarf:

:lol: :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Nailed on loss.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:41 pm
Nailed on loss.
Don’t be like that Bobby boy; the last time I felt this confident we beat City 0-0.

:lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:49 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Nailed on loss.
Don’t be like that Bobby boy; the last time I felt this confident we beat City 0-0.

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Nailed on loss.

You'd think a man of my age would have learned by now - the nearer it gets to kick off, the more confident I am getting, so as forest gump says stupid is stupid does :oops: :oops: :oops:

Last week I couldnt contemplate anything other than an AFC win cos ON PAPER we are much superior to them so that is why my confidence is returning - of course that will all quickly evaporate if the team is announced and I see the names of zinchenko and jesus in the starting 11 :roll:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

For all the things being made of our set piece scoring, we have hardly come close for about 6 weeks now apart from that Gabriel off target header in the 1st minute against Brighton.

Seems to have dried up recently

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Of we lose as I fully expect I hope its having pit a shift in and a gallant loss...I cannot abide going out with a whimper, but I have no other expectation for tonight than a turgid, struggle where we lose 2 0 or 3 1 having been at an arms length all game creating nothing and 2nd best across the pitch like the 2nd half against villa. I see nohing else and first time I have felt like that most of he season.

Hope I'm wrong as it will spiral from here if we go out with a whimper.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Closer we get to kick off the more I fear a turdholing :cry: Let's pray that cement hair picks our strongest line up cos if he doesn't it'll be over during the pre match music.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Starting XI: Raya; White, Saliba, Gabriel, Tomiyasu; Rice, Jorginho, Odegaard; Saka, Havertz, Jesus

Subs: Ramsdale, Hein, Kiwior, Zinchenko, Elneny, Partey, Smith Rowe, Vieira, Trossard, Nketiah, Nelson, Martinelli

Seen another team line up ,where Martinelli starts not Jesus :|

Looks like Martinelli does start