ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Apparently we want Isak but doubtful we will stump the money. Feeling we can force him out with Champs League football and rumour he hasn’t settled up North. Plus Newcastle need the cash to meet P&S. Other option is this Gyokeres fella. Ex Coventry.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Isak is a great player, would like him but I'm a bit worried about his injury probs.
Wouldn't touch Gyokeres with a barge pole!!

Isak and Zubimendi would be an interesting couple of signings..... But then again we do need two strikers as both Eddie and Jesus are total shit!!

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:18 am
Isak is a great player, would like him but I'm a bit worried about his injury probs.

Isak and Zubimendi would be an interesting couple of signings..... But then again we do need two strikers as both Eddie and Jesus are total shit!!

Very valid point but I will also add that he misses a lot of chances too

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nobody is coming

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Apart from maybe the players City and the Chavs don’t want anymore

Welcome to 2010

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:36 am
TeeCee wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:18 am

Very valid point but I will also add that he misses a lot of chances too

Ah good. Just the type of striker we like. Should fit in very well.
:lol: :wink:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

😂😂
I’d like us to sign a winger, but I want it to be Neto from Wolves. Serious competition for Saka.

That said, a striker is long overdue and we need a centre mid. I’m still keen on Luiz from Villa.

Sadly, SteveO is probably right.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm hoping for a good old trolly dash right at the end of the summer. And another one next January! Ooh it'll be like Arsene never left! :lol: :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 pm
I'm hoping for a good old trolly dash right at the end of the summer. And another one next January! Ooh it'll be like Arsene never left! :lol: :wink:
Just needs a quote that we search everywhere day and night only for super quality before taking whover Chelsea don't want, apologising that he didn't cost 50m like a smug c.nut and saying how impossible it is to find anyone during the Euros, and you might as well buy yourself that "I luv 2012" T shirt mare

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Arsenal have identified three priority positions to strengthen as Mikel Arteta plans changes to his squad with the aim of breaking into Europe’s elite.

▪️ Striker
▪️ Left-back
▪️ Midfielder

If Reiss Nelson is sold, the club will look at replacing him with a new winger, with Pedro Neto among their serious targets out wide.

[@SamiMokbel81_DM] #afc

wibble

Post by wibble »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:05 am
🚨 Arsenal have identified three priority positions to strengthen as Mikel Arteta plans changes to his squad with the aim of breaking into Europe’s elite.

▪️ Striker
▪️ Left-back
▪️ Midfielder

If Reiss Nelson is sold, the club will look at replacing him with a new winger, with Pedro Neto among their serious targets out wide.

[@SamiMokbel81_DM] #afc
We can dare to dream!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:

▪️ Striker
▪️ Left-back
▪️ Midfielder

[@SamiMokbel81_DM] #afc

8)
Fingers crossed.

augie

Post by augie »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:05 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

▪️ Striker
▪️ Left-back
▪️ Midfielder

[@SamiMokbel81_DM] #afc

8)
Fingers crossed.

Neto is quality no doubt, but honestly unless the tactics change I dont see him fitting in at AFC - he plays in a fast system where he gets the ball early and runs directly at opposition, where as we play a slower more methodical/possession based game where he will be getting the ball with his back to goal more

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:00 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:05 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

▪️ Striker
▪️ Left-back
▪️ Midfielder

[@SamiMokbel81_DM] #afc

8)
Fingers crossed.

Neto is quality no doubt, but honestly unless the tactics change I dont see him fitting in at AFC - he plays in a fast system where he gets the ball early and runs directly at opposition, where as we play a slower more methodical/possession based game where he will be getting the ball with his back to goal more

That's true augie. It's why we're killing the effectiveness of the two very good wingers we have. It won't change under Arteta as he's a disciple of both Pep and the Fraudulent One.

Unless we get the ball from back to front quickly, then we'll never see the best of our wingers, or indeed Neto, were we to get him. It's why we struggle so much in Europe....we can break down English sides with our possession based tippy tappy style, but the Europeans are well versed in containing that, as we saw with not only Bayern, but Porto too. It was interesting how quickly Bayern moved the ball to pull us apart on Weds. It's also why Liverpool are very effective in Europe, even though they fucked up this week.

All things considered, if we're after a winger, I'd take Neto all day, even if our style won't see the best of him.

On another point, both our existing wingers used to run at defenders, especially Martinelli, but they do it less and less now, almost to the point of never in recent games. It's always checking the run and turning inside or back to lay the ball off. Do you think that it's being coached out of them, because it's all I can come up with? I know the defences generally double up on them but they seem reluctant to take the defender on when they do have a 1 on 1 situation.

Worth noting that the ability for the opposition to double up on both wingers to negate our threat, is made much easier by the fact that we have fuck all threat through the middle, Still. whoever thought we needed a striker eh? :banghead:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Cole Palmers development is a real black mark against arteta. He wanted to leave City for 2 seasons, artrta must have seen him first hand and known how good he could be yet nothing had ever come out that we were in for him, instead we sign 2 duds from them.