Bayern bumholes A Ch lge QF 2nd leg Weds 17th April KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
herbert

Re: Bayern bumholes A Ch lge QF 2nd leg Weds 17th April KO 8pm

Post by herbert »

augie wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:45 pm
herbert wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:25 pm
Made me laugh a few posts about how our support has changed and condemning fanboys(supporters) on a forum full of modern sky & social media analysing & management plan type posts :D

Our support has changed but it's not the 3000 who go away or the majority of long term home support who have changed they still support the club the same way and would definitely not be calling out GG or TN for being 2nd in the league in the 70s or 80s

So another fan who thinks that cos he goes to away games he is a super fan ? Btw these fans that you refer to are the same numpty's who kept the senile french cock in a job long after his shelf life had expired - bravo to those individuals :roll:
Augie it is an Arsenal forum
Our support is behind Arteta home & away that is my point and the balance on here of you and others negativity is not representative of the majority of our support

He wound people up something that every post you make does to me but I wouldn't ban you or complain
I just put you in the shit supporters but a brilliant consistent critical only social media posting type

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:02 pm
Nick Nack wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:41 pm
Linighans there!! wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:01 am
Might get this mythical game changing, trophy winning, legendary striker and squad players in phase 5.

A lot of people butt hurt because everyone in the media saying we choke, but we ain't done that bad in the past 2 years, although in reality bayern (this season only) are basically of crystal Palace standard
Bayern would beat most PL teams. Their pace and speed of passing would tear most teams apart. They also have Fat Tongue up top, and he scored against most PL teams with disturbing regularity. They will revert to type and win the Bundesliga next season
Probably by purchasing Leverkusen’s best players to weaken them, just like they used to do with Dortmund when they had the audacity to win the league and threaten to usurp them.

First half was okay, pretty even, second half we never looked like scoring - even when we had 10 mins to go and so obviously should have been chasing the game - even if it meant sticking Havertz right up top and hoping a long ball up to him could cause a bit of chaos we just carried on with the ineffective huffing and puffing passing to death, resulting in absolutely nothing.

I’d like to think Zinchencko being glued to the bench is a sign of things to come
I’d like to think Eddie getting on a plane ✈️ is a sign of things to come

Being beaten by a European giant is no disgrace but the meak capitulation to not be able to even muster a chance of an equaliser is pretty damning
It’s also becoming an annual event, which isn’t progress at all.

We seem to struggle in European knockout games; a trait consistent in Arteta’s tenure. We BARELY got through the last round, let’s be honest. Whether it’s moser to do with Arteta inheriting Wenger’s blind spot to European tactics, or it’s down to a skill, experience or attitude issue - we’ve (almost) all highlighted he struggles with in-game management - or all three, time will tell. I wouldn’t mind the mistakes if they brought about changes in him, if he changed his approaches etc, but it doesn’t - how is that beneficial to this supposed progress we are making under him?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:06 pm
That's harsh on DB10 mate, I'm not sure he went to Uni? :rubchin: :wink:
:lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

herbert wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:59 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:24 pm
Apologies to the regulars, I should have pulled the trigger on that idiot a long time ago but banning is always the last resort and I had hoped he could stop acting like a twat. :roll:

And before anyone says he was banned because he didn't fit in with the general Arteta not being good enough vibe, let me just say that is horseshit. I like to hear both sides of an argument and the likes of Nutty is a great example of that. He can put his point across without WUMing or abusing people. Pro Arteta posters are very welcome on here once they don't WUM. Same goes for anti Arteta posters.

I think it's time we maybe be less tolerant of the WUMs in general tbh.
Really piss poor banning him

And before I get the regular responses of if you don't like it etc etc I think you should remember that this forum is for followers of the Arsenal and I would bet my life with almost full confidence that well over 50 percent of Arsenal supporters would agree more with his opinions than those of the so called regulars on here and many posts with the silly name calling of manager & players would be considered wums and need instant banning from a forum pretending to represent Arsenal terraces of old when it is as faraway as possible from the reality

Do the decent thing and unblock him
Thats horseshit, mate. He was not banned for his opinions. No one here ever got banned for his opinions. He got banned for constant repeated WUMing.

I'd suggest before you fly in to defend the idiot you read every one of his posts from when he joined, as I unfortunately have had to. There is a very obvious pattern of him trying to ingratiate himself here as a genuine poster that quite quickly descends into constant posting to provoke a negative reaction. He constantly dodged questions after posting provocative statements, baited people, moved the goal posts, posted disingenuous responses, and provoked people.

Many of his posts were him simply insulting and having a pop at people and questioning their loyalty rather than debating the point they made.

He was warned twice and twice agreed to moderate his behaviour but like all WUMs he couldn't do that.

If it was something as silly as getting banned because of his opinions that go against the grain on here, both you and Nutty would have been banned years ago. But neither of you post to provoke or WUM people. See the difference?

Tbh I find it insulting that you are trying to portray me as having banned him because of his opinion.

Also if you were ever on the terraces of old you would know that along with supporting the team, almost every fan was at some point also complaining and abusing those same players and team that they supported!

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Nick Nack wrote:
Linighans there!! wrote:
Might get this mythical game changing, trophy winning, legendary striker and squad players in phase 5.

A lot of people butt hurt because everyone in the media saying we choke, but we ain't done that bad in the past 2 years, although in reality bayern (this season only) are basically of crystal Palace standard
Bayern would beat most PL teams. Their pace and speed of passing would tear most teams apart. They also have Fat Tongue up top, and he scored against most PL teams with disturbing regularity. They will revert to type and win the Bundesliga next season
Probably by purchasing Leverkusen’s best players to weaken them, just like they used to do with Dortmund when they had the audacity to win the league and threaten to usurp them.

First half was okay, pretty even, second half we never looked like scoring - even when we had 10 mins to go and so obviously should have been chasing the game - even if it meant sticking Havertz right up top and hoping a long ball up to him could cause a bit of chaos we just carried on with the ineffective huffing and puffing passing to death, resulting in absolutely nothing.

I’d like to think Zinchencko being glued to the bench is a sign of things to come

Being beaten by a European giant is no disgrace but the meak capitulation to not be able to even muster a chance of an equaliser is pretty damning
Surely, you don't mean, you know who.................... Clive :lol:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Nick Nack wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:54 am
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Nick Nack wrote:
Linighans there!! wrote:

Surely, you don't mean, you know who.................... Clive :lol:
You are right

I don’t :censored:

herbert

Post by herbert »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:38 am
herbert wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Apologies to the regulars, I should have pulled the trigger on that idiot a long time ago but banning is always the last resort and I had hoped he could stop acting like a twat. :roll:

And before anyone says he was banned because he didn't fit in with the general Arteta not being good enough vibe, let me just say that is horseshit. I like to hear both sides of an argument and the likes of Nutty is a great example of that. He can put his point across without WUMing or abusing people. Pro Arteta posters are very welcome on here once they don't WUM. Same goes for anti Arteta posters.

And before I get the regular responses of if you don't like it etc etc I think you should remember that this forum is for followers of the Arsenal and I would bet my life with almost full confidence that well over 50 percent of Arsenal supporters would agree more with his opinions than those of the so called regulars on here and many posts with the silly name calling of manager & players would be considered wums and need instant banning from a forum pretending to represent Arsenal terraces of old when it is as faraway as possible from the reality

Thats horseshit, mate. He was not banned for his opinions. No one here ever got banned for his opinions. He got banned for constant repeated WUMing.

I'd suggest before you fly in to defend the idiot you read every one of his posts from when he joined, as I unfortunately have had to. There is a very obvious pattern of him trying to ingratiate himself here as a genuine poster that quite quickly descends into constant posting to provoke a negative reaction. He constantly dodged questions after posting provocative statements, baited people, moved the goal posts, posted disingenuous responses, and provoked people.

Many of his posts were him simply insulting and having a pop at people and questioning their loyalty rather than debating the point they made.

He was warned twice and twice agreed to moderate his behaviour but like all WUMs he couldn't do that.

If it was something as silly as getting banned because of his opinions that go against the grain on here, both you and Nutty would have been banned years ago. But neither of you post to provoke or WUM people. See the difference?

Tbh I find it insulting that you are trying to portray me as having banned him because of his opinion.

Also if you were ever on the terraces of old you would know that along with supporting the team, almost every fan was at some point also complaining and abusing those same players and team that they supported!
If you was on the terraces of old you would know that no one would be booing anyone if Terry & the boys were 2 points of the top with 6 to go :barscarf:

I accept your apology :wink:

:D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

herbert wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:20 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:38 am
herbert wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

If you was on the terraces of old you would know that no one would be booing anyone if Terry & the boys were 2 points of the top with 6 to go :barscarf:

I accept your apology :wink:

:D
:lol:

That's very kind of you! :lol: :wink:

beck

Post by beck »

augie wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:28 pm
I hope it will be changed when I wake up in the morning, but as things stand I am still stuck obsessing about the surrender against villa _ I described myself Sunday night as deflated more than anything and that is still the case. During the season we all raise concerns and doubts and hope by doing so it will stop it happening, but then villa roll into town for a must win game and lo and behold we go back to starting the cant defend defender and the cant score striker :roll: The cone boy and this squad have lost the confidence of most fans when it comes to dealing with pressure, and nobody but themselves can remedy that now - I know bayern do have some good players still, but as a team they are the poorest they have been for years and we have to be taking advantage if we are as good as some fans portray. If we are 100% honest, of all the potential opponents we could have faced in the quarters, they would def been high on our list of preferred opponents and that is with them having a full squad available - they are missing so big players tomorrow night so if we cant beat them now, it will confirm that we are full blown in the middle of the meltdown
Bayern were worse last season than they are this year
Leverkusen have been exceptional
Bayern beat Barcelona and psg home and away last season.