Norwich charity cup winners 1919/20 A Sun April 28th KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: Norwich charity cup winners 1919/20 A Sun April 28th KO 2pm

Post by Midz »

Raya made exactly the same mistake Ramsdale did which shows they're very similar keepers. Sure it helped Spurs but in the end we beat the no mark scumbags whose sole ambition was not so much to win the match, but to prevent us from challenging for the title.

Well fuck them right up their assholes with the rough end of a pineapple!! We beat them :D :D

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:33 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:38 pm
When they got the penalty I turned it off and left the house. That’s the first time I’ve ever done that in my life, I just couldn’t take a second more of it.

Went for a walk staring at the seconds go by on the scores app. Absolute fucking torture. If we’d have conceded another the club would never have recovered from it. Such an awful second half.

Raya’s error was horrible, then you have Rice slashing at a ball dropping over his head in the penalty box with no awareness of what was around him. Terrible. Self harm at an alarming level.

So so poor all over the pitch, I don’t know whether to laugh or cry after that.

Our complete lack of control in that game was summed up when Martinelli ran backwards into his own penalty area before hacking the ball dangerously across his own 6 yard box.

Brain dead was contagious today.

But…we hung on and got the fucking job done

GET INNNNNNNNNNNN :barscarf:
Rodders my dad came to mine to watch the game,when they got the pen I left him watching the last 10 mins on his own, I couldn't take it :lol:
It was pure Popeye from me McD once the penalty was awarded….that’s all I can stands I can stands no more.

We just seemed hell bent on gifting them goals from minute one of that game and could easily have fucked it all away at the end. So much brain dead play and no need for it.

Giving away possession just outside our box over and over and over. We came out second half and I hoped it would have been fixed but Odegaard passed it straight to them twice in the first 5 mins. We just could not stamp our authority on the game despite being 3 up. It just seemed inevitable that day would score and equally as inevitable that it would come from a fuck up by us and we duly obliged….twice.

The fact that we’ve played 4 games since they were last in action definitely had an impact on things as we looked a bit leggy after the chavs game midweek so to get out with the 3 points is ultimately all that matters and we’ve the full week now to prep for Bournemouth.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Phew is all lI can say

3-0 up and coasting to hanging in for dear life at the end.

Worrying performances from several players, giving the ball away cheaply .

Another win, 3 games to go, top of the table.

Good job we have a weeks rest now, several look like they need it.

Hopefully Timber came through his second under 21 game okay, which gives us another option in the last 3 games.

Agree with a lot of the comments made during the game

Partey too slow with the ball, doesn’t realise someone coming from behind him ever
Raya was awful for the goal , but caught pretty much every cross slung in later on.
Trossard anonymous, Martinelli worse when he came on.

They were winning tackles left, right and centre - thankfully being shite, they failed to capitalise.

Step

Post by Step »

I thought we were poor today and got away with it. Couldn't string two passes together. At least in the first half we were clinical for once. If we had got our game going in the second half we could have stuffed them but we didn't. Raya gave them hope trying to chip the ball to an Arsenal player who had 3 Spuds around him. Just boot it FFS. Exhausting and frustrating to watch but at least we got there. No up the game Vs Bournmouth please.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Step wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:40 pm
I thought we were poor today and got away with it. Couldn't string two passes together. At least in the first half we were clinical for once. If we had got our game going in the second half we could have stuffed them but we didn't. Raya gave them hope trying to chip the ball to an Arsenal player who had 3 Spuds around him. Just boot it FFS. Exhausting and frustrating to watch but at least we got there. No up the game Vs Bournmouth please.
Playing longer and more direct to Havertz worked well, he was winning most balls and then the ball is there for Saka, Odegaard to make use of

3 points is all that matters .

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Take that you vermin c.unts !

Nowhere near our best was enough to beat Ange Wenger and his single tactics

Is there a bigger c.unt in world football than Richarlison??

Happy St Totteringham's one and all

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:30 pm
Take that you vermin c.unts !

Nowhere near our best was enough to beat Ange Wenger and his single tactics

Is there a bigger c.unt in world football than Richarlison??

Happy St Totteringham's one and all

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Will I call round for the day that’s in it?

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Spent the day getting drunk in a Camden boozer that didn’t show the game, so haven’t seen a single second.

Was the 2nd half really that bad?

Either way, doing them at theirs is beautiful.

UP THE ARSE!!! :barscarf:
Last edited by Arsenal Till I Die on Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

couldnt get oot the forum since half time, and guess that explains the lack of post son this match thread.

facking hell thats taken 10 years off my life! all because of raya, who was otherwise secure. self harm...we need a proper gk in the summer but are there many out there? rambo certainly isn't the answer, but just when you think raya is in credit he does that.

a couple of folk on here were keen on vicario but hes shown to be nothing special with his own flappiness.

we were poor in first half hour i thought 2nd best, but their freshness probably caused that. after that we were comfortable, romero missed a sitter but raya wasn't ever tested apart from that. Every-time we actually went forward and strung a few passes together we looked likely to score and probably should have scored more, but i could see we were leggy in midfield. rice improved but looked knackered imo.

sakas best game in ages i felt, looked they looked terrified of him.

apart from the first half hour where everyone went missing imo, i think we looked super comfortable and every one did well, even havertz, until rayas brain fart. even then it looked quite comfortable till rices brain fart. even then they didn't have any good chances and wern't really all over us, the stress came from the inevitably of them getting an equalizer after the self harm, which thankfully never came.

i thought overall they were pretty poor, making all the ange wanking even ore baffling.

credit to arteta for us not collapsing, i think he could have in-game managed a bit better. trossard for martinelli was a mistake imo, martinelli has gone to shit and rightly shouldnt be starting. apart from a couple of moments early doors partey played well imo, but should have been brought off 70ish minutes as was fcked.

shine taken off slightly bar the city result, but i'm pumped. i reckon scum may take something off city as their a bogey team...

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Rayas error changed the game completely..... However, I'm going to stick up for him one little bit The way a lot of teams play has changed, play out from the back, entice the opposition to you too open up space further up the pitch..... It's inevitable that mistakes will be made by goalies and defenders alike, we've seen Ederson and Allison do it this season. I would much prefer a good hoof up the pitch every time but I suppose we don't appreciate it or think about how the tactic actually works with a lot of goals we score, it's easy to focus on the negative because that error today sticks out like a sore thumb!
Anyway, fucking delighted we hung on and we are still in it.
Worrying to see how poor Martinelli and Trossard were today and Partey reverted to his slow indecisive type.
Definitely mix it up for the Bournemouth game. Give ESR a chance on the left maybe?

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Win all three and I believe it’ll be ours.

City have one error in them, I just know it!

the playing mantis

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:39 pm
Reno Gooner wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:37 pm
Whatever happens at the end of this season, we need a striker and a goalkeeper. Apparently Wolves are interested in Ramsdale, that will make 4 ex Arsenal keepers in the PL. Raya is headed to the Johnson Paint league.
I’m no longer convinced we need a striker.
Have you seen how many goals we have scored this season.

The number of clean sheets Raya has is impressive - I would keep him
no rob we do, this was the argument put forward by the akbs, but we can easily have a spell like before christmas and v.s bayern or villa last week, were a top striker makes all the difference. we cannot fall int the trap of scoring loads against shite that we dont need one. in the big big games they make the difference. if we sign one and a proper gk we will take a lot of beating assuming we strengthen in cm and get some squad cover too.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:17 pm
Win all three and I believe it’ll be ours.

City have one error in them, I just know it!
Wolves Fulham Spurs West Ham all on the beach. Today was City's hardest game

the playing mantis

i think i was a bit effusive in my first post having now read it. yes we kept doing suicidal things but i thought they were really poor and didnt really get a sense of danger until after the penalty...yes i felt sick the whole game and clock watched since we went 1 up and shat myself everytime they had possession, but really they didnt have many chances.

i thought after half time we were in control mostly and trossard, partey etc didnt do badly.

against a good team though we would have lost with those suicidal attempts to gift them even more.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Three points is three points and beating the scum is all that matters on the day. Played OK but walked all over them for an hour. Buggering about from Raya gave them a sniff and then Rice giving away a penalty made it needlessly tense but in some ways, watching them get excited for ten minutes and still come away with nothing made it even better and of course, all the funnier. Should probably have been 4 or 5 ahead by the middle of the second half but fuck it, beating the scum at their shithole is always fucking lovely. Remind me again, a billion quid for that hovel, wasn't it? A billion quid down the drain, for Thursday nights again. :D