Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Stuart L (2)

Re: Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

EssexGooner1981 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 4:23 pm
I don't really like blue on home kits.

I thought the black one was a goalie kit.
Just you wait till you see the actual keepers shirt :shock: :? :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 5:43 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 4:44 pm
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 2:06 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 12:13 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 10:08 am
Our kits for next season are woeful. The back of the home shirt is detestable, the away kit looks like some kind of reggae party (also, how does it represent Wrighty and Rocky when they both wore Nike rather than Adidas?)
I can live with the third kit, just about, but it’s nothing special either
They wore Adidas. Wrighty only wore Nike towards the end of his career. :wink:
I seem to remember seeing Wrighty wearing Hi-Tec at Crystal Palace before starting wearing Nike.

Rocky defo wore Nike for the duration of his time with us. Can't say for afterwards though

Back on topic, those new kits are fucking shit! Absolutely awful crap!
I assumed he was referring to jerseys. They both wore our kits made by Adidas. No one mentioned boots. :lol:
Point taken :oops: :lol: I just read it as who they were sponsored by individually rather than the shirt supplier.

I'll shut up now :wink:
Ah no man. You were right about the boots either way. :D 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nick Nack wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 7:56 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 3:54 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 3:47 pm
:shock: Holy Fuuuccck Now I see what you mean about the back of the 1st Kit... "Horrendous"..

https://dailycannon.com/2024/04/leaked- ... -home-kit/

FRONT:

BACK

Looks awful :(
My eyes, my eyes :worried:

These kits are fucking hateful.

What c.unt at the club signs off on this shite? Who is sitting there thinking "hmm, our historic colours are red and white. Let's reduce the red and replace with more white and blue" Fucking scum colours. And as for the reggae, reggae kit, Jesus :suicide:
Absolutely. Red body, white sleeves, keep the collar and sleeve trims to a minimum. What the fuck is so difficult to understand about that? :roll:

If these are legit, they are the worst shit I've seen since that sacrilegious white Jersey they shat out a few years back. Fucking white! :oops: :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The back of that alleged home jersey worn with white shorts will make our players look like they are wearing nappies ffs! :oops: :lol:

herbert

Post by herbert »

:shock: Fkin hell
It's a no from me

When you look at the template with it's beauty being mainly down to it's simplicity then you decide to turn it into that?
You need to get a new job
:oops:

Piss poor from Adidas & the club marketing team

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I really hoped with Adidas' history with providing some of our best kits in the past that things would improve after some of the latter shyte offered up by the Nike Nonces. The initial Adidas kits (Especially the Gorgeous Black / Charcoal away kit) were well nice. But when they bring designs like this to the table they are taking the absolute Piss..

it is no secret that the discussions for next seasons kits begin half way through the current season And it is usual for the Kit Maker/Designer to come with at least 3 ideas; 3 for home, 3 for Away and 3 of the 3rd Kit, so God help us what the others must have been like if this is the best of the bunch.

Seriously Awful.

designed by:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I’ll die on the “98/99 home shirt was the best we’ve had” hill. Gladly.

The supposed shirt from next season is close on the front, but the back is terrible. Make the back all red, at least. There is far too much white on it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:55 pm

The supposed shirt from next season is close on the front, but the back is terrible. Make the back all red, at least. There is far too much white on it.
I loved that one and the 98 double jersey too, but I think my favourite home jerseys are still the 71 and the 91.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:47 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:55 pm

I loved that one and the 98 double jersey too, but I think my favourite home jerseys are still the 71 and the 91.
71 is always the shirt I associate with Arsenal. It will forever be the pinnacle; the 98 shirt, however, I have a bias for because it’s my favourite kit that God wore in his time at the Arsenal. That man in that shirt is art itself.

So I do embrace any shirt that offers some sort of throwback to that, but the supposed kit from next season is, as you quite rightly said, nappyish at the back.

It’s better than that horrific number that Puma decked us out in during the Emery season. That was, arguably, the worst home shirt we’ve ever had.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

The 2010/11 home shirt is the best kit we’ve had in the recent history, mainly because it was the 70/71 shirt re-done.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Just purchased the home kit for the new season from my Chinese supplier :lol: ,€20.77 c ,includes delivery ,patches on sleeves and personalised name and number on the back.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 10:19 pm
The back of that alleged home jersey worn with white shorts will make our players look like they are wearing nappies ffs! :oops: :lol:
Well, we have been known to shit ourselves on the big occasions.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

I was as horrified as everyone else, but in these pics with the players wearing them, the front is ok imo (I’m talking in relative terms, based on some of the horrendous crap these days), but the back is all wrong.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/cfUAAOSw ... -l1600.jpg

This is the kit I’d love us to re-introduce. What a hero wearing it too. Worshipped this man.