Other Matches Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 4:00 pm
EssexGooner1981 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 2:58 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 2:04 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:49 pm
Pep is the most over rated manager of all time. Had the best player in the world at his disposal while at Barca. Went to a one team league to Bayern(did fuck all in Europe with them). Then ends up at a club with unlimited funds. He is effectively playing fifa in real life while at City. If he and Klopp did both fuck off this summer, it would be glorious to see these attention seeking twats both gone.
Agreed 100%.

Like Moron-hio before him, he is the "best manager" in the league only when at the richest club in the league and allowed to spend what he wants. :roll:

If he did leave cheateh and they got properly punished and relegated by the PL the sport might actually become enjoyable again.

With Stupid Teeth going we are halfway to getting a watchable PL back..... get rid the fuck of the bald spoofer from cheateh and we'd take another major step towards proper football.

Wipe out cheateh and we are there! :barscarf:

Of course this will devastate the couple of soccer fanboys on here that have "Pep" and "Kloppy" posters on the walls of their grief bunkers in their mom's basements. :roll: :lol:
I'm sure any of us as manager could get results with the money and squad at his disposal.

It's like I really hate Ramos and think he's a flat-track hatchet man who gets exposed vs. actually decent forwards, but people go "But look at all the trophies he's won!"

Mate, give me 12 months to get match fit and put me in that Real Madrid team at right back and watch me win trophies.

I'm curious to know why that logic is never applied to the cone boy :rubchin: If we are honest here, we would probably get 5 players on the best 11 selection from their squad and ours, yet when some Gooners our achievements are being lauded as if we are overachieving with an average squad
Our 11 would be a match for theirs on any day of the week Augie, that's not the issue. However their 18 blows away everyone else in the league which is why they always look so fresh coming down the home stretch when everyone else is fucked. 100 million pound players sitting on the bench is a luxury they've built up by cheating.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

augie wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:52 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:32 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:04 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:01 pm
City will be found guilty.
Of course the will, but it’s the punishment that matters the most. If they get a heavy fine then it’s all pointless.
Exactly. The finding them guilty bit is inconsequential. Of course they will be found guilty. No way the PL can just ignore 115 charges. But if the punishment is a fine it is completely meaningless. It has to be points deduction and/or relegation plus revoking of trophies they accumulated while cheating.

Funnily enough I dont want the revoking of trophies - for most semi intelligent people the guilty verdict will tarnish those successes anyway, but how could any self respecting person celebrate their team suddenly being awarded the league title years after the event ?? I would have no issues pointing out to rival fans that we would have won those titles had citeeh not cheated, but that would be on my terms - if the premier league all of a sudden declared us as champions last season (for example), then every scum, chav, manure fan would all start giving out large that it isnt a real title win and we would lose that moral victory in my opinion
I disagree on the basis that while we could point to the stats and say “we would have won but for…” the fact is we didn’t. You’re right, of course; but for their cheating we would have romped home. But we didn’t because they did (cheat). Pointing that out as a fact isn’t a victory.

I’m not advocating that we be awarded second-hand honours either, to be fair. I’d rather this honours were deemed null and void BECAUSE of City; as I feel the cancelling of honours holds more weight to condemn City (a “look at what you did, you scum”) benefits more than having the FA hand us a title in a “I suppose this is yours” sense.

Cancel the honours. Wiping the name will wipe the shame. Relegate City to League 2 and set a financial cap on spending for all teams. That’s the only way forward.

augie

Post by augie »

I'm def on board with the voiding of trophies lads, but somehow I doubt the premier league will be - it will be a pr disaster for them and they would rather keep citeeh as champions

EssexGooner1981

Post by EssexGooner1981 »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 4:04 pm
augie wrote:
EssexGooner1981 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
BFG4 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:49 pm
Pep is the most over rated manager of all time. Had the best player in the world at his disposal while at Barca. Went to a one team league to Bayern(did fuck all in Europe with them). Then ends up at a club with unlimited funds. He is effectively playing fifa in real life while at City. If he and Klopp did both fuck off this summer, it would be glorious to see these attention seeking twats both gone.
Agreed 100%.

Like Moron-hio before him, he is the "best manager" in the league only when at the richest club in the league and allowed to spend what he wants. :roll:

If he did leave cheateh and they got properly punished and relegated by the PL the sport might actually become enjoyable again.

With Stupid Teeth going we are halfway to getting a watchable PL back..... get rid the fuck of the bald spoofer from cheateh and we'd take another major step towards proper football.

Of course this will devastate the couple of soccer fanboys on here that have "Pep" and "Kloppy" posters on the walls of their grief bunkers in their mom's basements. :roll: :lol:
I'm sure any of us as manager could get results with the money and squad at his disposal.

It's like I really hate Ramos and think he's a flat-track hatchet man who gets exposed vs. actually decent forwards, but people go "But look at all the trophies he's won!"

Mate, give me 12 months to get match fit and put me in that Real Madrid team at right back and watch me win trophies.

I'm curious to know why that logic is never applied to the cone boy :rubchin: If we are honest here, we would probably get 5 players on the best 11 selection from their squad and ours, yet when some Gooners our achievements are being lauded as if we are overachieving with an average squad
Our 11 would be a match for theirs on any day of the week Augie, that's not the issue. However their 18 blows away everyone else in the league which is why they always look so fresh coming down the home stretch when everyone else is fucked. 100 million pound players sitting on the bench is a luxury they've built up by cheating.
Right, it's the squad. To be honest we've been very lucky this season with injuries. Pretty much had our full team at our disposal for 99% of it. If we had lost Rice, Odegaard, Saliba, Saka for large quantities of time....Would've quickly showed with our bench.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

EssexGooner1981 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 5:54 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 4:04 pm
augie wrote:
EssexGooner1981 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Agreed 100%.

Right, it's the squad. To be honest we've been very lucky this season with injuries. Pretty much had our full team at our disposal for 99% of it. If we had lost Rice, Odegaard, Saliba, Saka for large quantities of time....Would've quickly showed with our bench.

While I agree with our lack of injuries being a big contributor to our season (could it at last be that we have a decent medical team, or was it luck??), I don't agree that our first 11 is a match for theirs. I'd take our two centre backs, but then I'm struggling a bit. They have genuine game changers...the keeper, Rodri (he's like their version of PV4), De Bruyne, Foden, Silva (to an extent) and of course, Haaland. What genuine game changes do we have...Odegaard and Saka to a certain degree, but both can go missing.

Yes their squad is a mile in front of ours, but we need a couple of top quality first team players to be added before we can talk of an equal first 11 in my opinion. Centre mid and the centre forward we've all been screaming for.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:52 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:32 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:04 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:01 pm
City will be found guilty.
Of course the will, but it’s the punishment that matters the most. If they get a heavy fine then it’s all pointless.
Exactly. The finding them guilty bit is inconsequential. Of course they will be found guilty. No way the PL can just ignore 115 charges. But if the punishment is a fine it is completely meaningless. It has to be points deduction and/or relegation plus revoking of trophies they accumulated while cheating.

Funnily enough I dont want the revoking of trophies - for most semi intelligent people the guilty verdict will tarnish those successes anyway, but how could any self respecting person celebrate their team suddenly being awarded the league title years after the event ?? I would have no issues pointing out to rival fans that we would have won those titles had citeeh not cheated, but that would be on my terms - if the premier league all of a sudden declared us as champions last season (for example), then every scum, chav, manure fan would all start giving out large that it isnt a real title win and we would lose that moral victory in my opinion
I'm not saying hand the trophies to the runners up. I'm saying revoke them and void the title/trophy for the affected year/s. I certainly don't want to be handed a trophy we did not win.

EssexGooner1981

I watched their first goal again. It’s suspect as fuck. They completely stand off Silva, they watch and let KDB beat the trap, the goalie does a bizarre leap in the air and they just watch the troll tap it in. They can literally see where KDB and Haaland are and watch them go about their business and do nothing about it. Looks so dodgy in context. Porro just lets Haaland get in front of him no issue, it's so fucking clear.

My mate says I'm giving their defence too much credit; they're just that shit.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

EssexGooner1981 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 8:29 pm
I watched their first goal again. It’s suspect as fuck. They completely stand off Silva, they watch and let KDB beat the trap, the goalie does a bizarre leap in the air and they just watch the troll tap it in. They can literally see where KDB and Haaland are and watch them go about their business and do nothing about it. Looks so dodgy in context. Porro just lets Haaland get in front of him no issue, it's so fucking clear.

My mate says I'm giving their defence too much credit; they're just that shit.
Your mate is right - they are just that shit :D

No the one to watch last night is the Son chance.
99 times out of hundred he would have just flicked the ball over the goalkeeper.
Last night not only was the shot hit straight at the keeper but he hit it along the ground at him.

Totally corrupt - Son was never going to score at that point last night.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Bent as fuck. Ange saw it for what it was and I reckon that’s partly why he was angry in the presser.

EssexGooner1981

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 9:06 pm
Bent as fuck. Ange saw it for what it was and I reckon that’s partly why he was angry in the presser.
I think you're probably right; had his Conte moment, looked under the rug etc.

Such a weird club.

I would've been very interested to see what would've happened had they scored. If the player wheels away in celebration you know Ange is in control, they're not interested in what the fans think, he's told them winning is the priority, CL is the target etc regardless of how the crowd reacted.

If they had half-jogged away with a half smile on their face as if they had scored against their boyhood club, you know that Ange has lost the reins.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

EssexGooner1981 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 6:58 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:

Such a weird club.

I would've been very interested to see what would've happened had they scored. If the player wheels away in celebration you know Ange is in control, they're not interested in what the fans think, he's told them winning is the priority, CL is the target etc regardless of how the crowd reacted.

If they had half-jogged away with a half smile on their face as if they had scored against their boyhood club, you know that Ange has lost the reins.
Maybe good ol Danny Levy had a quiet word in the dressing room or even with players themselves underlining where his / the clubs standpoint was.

Don’t want him to go - I’m liking his song 🎶

Cheer up Postecoglou

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 6:07 pm
EssexGooner1981 wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

Such a weird club.

Maybe good ol Danny Levy had a quiet word in the dressing room or even with players themselves underlining where his / the clubs standpoint was.

Cheer up Postecoglou

I can't see Levy wanting the team to lose, because the CL money is vital for them at the moment. It's all conjecture and hearsay, but I read a report somewhere that a lot of the staff members at the club were joking about throwing the game and that the main thing was stopping the Arsenal winning the league and that's what Ange is pissed off about. Who knows.

EssexGooner1981

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 7:17 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 6:07 pm
EssexGooner1981 wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

Such a weird club.

Cheer up Postecoglou

I can't see Levy wanting the team to lose, because the CL money is vital for them at the moment. It's all conjecture and hearsay, but I read a report somewhere that a lot of the staff members at the club were joking about throwing the game and that the main thing was stopping the Arsenal winning the league and that's what Ange is pissed off about. Who knows.
That's what I think. He came out going "A proportion of fans? What proportion?" Honestly thinking it was a minority, and then as the next 24hrs unfolded, met many players, staff, coaches, club caterers, retired mascots, Ploppy the cleaner who all told him they should throw the game and couldn't believe his Ozzie ears.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

The penny has dropped for Ange mate. He now knows that so many at the club don't have a 'winners' mentality and he knows because of that, they will never win anything. He won't be there for too much longer....1 year at most.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Even Rangers fans are praising Ange & saying he should have stayed at a club with proper fans & rivalry. :barscarf:

Lets face it Arsenal Spurs rivalry is not normal local derby rivalry, it's far beyond that, I remember when there was nearly 200 arrests at Highbury during a late '70's game. It was only of the worst matches for trouble in England for years & that continues with the scum, including their firm regularly attacking Arsenal fans in family groups whilst the Arsenal firm has always only fought other firms, not ordinary fans & bystanders.
They attacked Gooners in wheelchairs a few years back & one friend of mine had to defend his ten year old son by taking a beating from those pikey vermin. :cussing:

I know there are decent Spurs fans with standards, the local civilised Spurs in the Gooner Valley are mostly fine, probably because most have Gooner wifes & girlfriends, families & even kids. :barscarf:

There is a real scummy element to their support, added to a toxic mixture of bitterness & delusion, they even have form for attacking our players, Arron Ramsdale at the swamp last year, also Liam Brady back in the day.

The average Middlesex Swamp Dweller I meet is nothing like other supporters I talk to, they are too obsessed with us for their own sanity. They blame us for lack of success, when it's their badly run club & ownership over the years that they should blame.