Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
45%

Total votes: 101

the playing mantis

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by the playing mantis »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 12:05 am
89 points with a goal differential of 62.

You can be frustrated two seasons in a row a title challenge has had us finish 2nd, I sure am. But people need to stop talking about Arteta like he is a donkey. We were dogshit when he took over, for a long time even the thought of winning the title would have been a pipe dream. He has made Arsenal fans think of the title again. Some say we need a manager who 'can get us over the line', yeah no shit, you may as well say 'I want a lottery ticket with the winning numbers'.

I think the reality of Arsenal in a world which Arteta was sacked for an 'experienced' manager, would be very different to how some think it would go. Hansi Flick gets us 90 points? does he? You sure about that? Then there are the comical suggestions De Zerbi, Allegri, Conte.

There is a 1% part of me that wants Arteta to leave, just so the lesson could be learnt from those who think they knows what's going on
Sexually frustrated you mean?

About de zerbi perhaps?

the playing mantis

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 11:11 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:24 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 9:46 am
wilson2.0 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 12:04 am
Allegri may have had success with Juventus when the rest of the league was gash. But in the past three years Juventus league goal tally in the league is 57,56 and currently 49 goals after 36 games.

For the past three years Juventus cant buy a fucking goal. Where as Arteta is breaking goal scoring records for us. Last year was our highest goal scoring season the league with 88, we have broken that record this year scoring 89 with another game to go.

If we hired Allegri, its almost a certainly the amount of goals we score will fall off a cliff. If your going to wet yourself because of trophies he previously won, then lets bring back Wenger, as Wenger has won three PL titles including going unbeaten. Who gives a cunting fuck what a manager did previously, it means nothing if there is clear evidence they have lost thier touch (like was the case with enger). All I now is Allegri has lost his touch and cant buy a goal. Biggest club in Italy and thier goal scoring record is TOny Pulis under Stoke over a three year period.

Allegri in for Arteta. LOL. Some posters are lemmings

Possibly I suppose, but then again, some posters are absolutely fucking bonkers.

Where did the Allegri rant come from? Completely out of left field, because no one had been talking about Allegri, unless I missed something.

Anyway, De Zerbi is now available. 8)
The goon mentioned posters going on about inzaghi a few posts ago. I can see loads non this thread advocating him...
I actually think wilson is tom hanks on that island and has lost the plot with the ball he talks to. Which one Wilson is who knows. He aint the ticket though.

:lol: :lol:
You do remember that the ball was actually called Wilson, don’t you? If not, that’s one hell of a coincidence that you used the Hanks comparison.

That was a very peculiar rant from our Wilson.
I do hence the comment!

It's true has to be. He's somehow wired up some heath robinson coconut Internet, that's why he posts intermittently. Needs to pedal hard to get the power up and it takes it out of him so needs a rest between posts!

Still hoping the masks slips and we get a cock pussy moment.

the playing mantis

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 11:09 pm
We got the same points total as City's treble winning season last year and 1 point behind the Invincibles. The football was a joy to watch for most of the season and we've got some really talented young players and now developing more steel to our play. Now isn't the time for change. Everyone knows I've not been Arteta's greatest fan from the offset but it's time to cut the guy some slack now. We're closer to being title winners than at any point in the past 20 years and playing some amazing stuff.

We all need a break after a long season

Have a good Summer chaps !

This is where I am. Spot on imo. Yes a lot of us have reservations about Arteta but 700m spent or not his body of evidence is improving. We lots of managers waste money but we seem to be getting a return finally.

Address the big issues and integrate ESR, improve I game and there's not much else wrong.

Next season he needs to go deep in the cups and a trophy of any sort to assuage most doubters, although I really don't care about the cups anymore bar the European cup.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Mon May 20, 2024 4:09 pm
wilson2.0 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 12:05 am
89 points with a goal differential of 62.

You can be frustrated two seasons in a row a title challenge has had us finish 2nd, I sure am. But people need to stop talking about Arteta like he is a donkey. We were dogshit when he took over, for a long time even the thought of winning the title would have been a pipe dream. He has made Arsenal fans think of the title again. Some say we need a manager who 'can get us over the line', yeah no shit, you may as well say 'I want a lottery ticket with the winning numbers'.

I think the reality of Arsenal in a world which Arteta was sacked for an 'experienced' manager, would be very different to how some think it would go. Hansi Flick gets us 90 points? does he? You sure about that? Then there are the comical suggestions De Zerbi, Allegri, Conte.

There is a 1% part of me that wants Arteta to leave, just so the lesson could be learnt from those who think they knows what's going on
Sexually frustrated you mean?

About de zerbi perhaps?
:coffeespit: :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Mon May 20, 2024 4:12 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 11:11 pm
Sun May 19, 2024 10:24 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 9:46 am
wilson2.0 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 12:04 am
Allegri may have had success with Juventus when the rest of the league was gash. But in the past three years Juventus league goal tally in the league is 57,56 and currently 49 goals after 36 games.

For the past three years Juventus cant buy a fucking goal. Where as Arteta is breaking goal scoring records for us. Last year was our highest goal scoring season the league with 88, we have broken that record this year scoring 89 with another game to go.

If we hired Allegri, its almost a certainly the amount of goals we score will fall off a cliff. If your going to wet yourself because of trophies he previously won, then lets bring back Wenger, as Wenger has won three PL titles including going unbeaten. Who gives a cunting fuck what a manager did previously, it means nothing if there is clear evidence they have lost thier touch (like was the case with enger). All I now is Allegri has lost his touch and cant buy a goal. Biggest club in Italy and thier goal scoring record is TOny Pulis under Stoke over a three year period.

Allegri in for Arteta. LOL. Some posters are lemmings

Possibly I suppose, but then again, some posters are absolutely fucking bonkers.

Where did the Allegri rant come from? Completely out of left field, because no one had been talking about Allegri, unless I missed something.

Anyway, De Zerbi is now available. 8)
The goon mentioned posters going on about inzaghi a few posts ago. I can see loads non this thread advocating him...
I actually think wilson is tom hanks on that island and has lost the plot with the ball he talks to. Which one Wilson is who knows. He aint the ticket though.

:lol: :lol:
You do remember that the ball was actually called Wilson, don’t you? If not, that’s one hell of a coincidence that you used the Hanks comparison.

That was a very peculiar rant from our Wilson.
I do hence the comment!

It's true has to be. He's somehow wired up some heath robinson coconut Internet, that's why he posts intermittently. Needs to pedal hard to get the power up and it takes it out of him so needs a rest between posts!

Still hoping the masks slips and we get a cock pussy moment.
Oh it's coming. :lol: :wink:

In my vast experience of dealing with these type of posters they all eventually reach boiling point because they cannot accept that others might disagree with their egocentric "genius level" musings. It starts with mini rants, a few accusations that other posters are mental for disagreeing with their sage pontifications and then it goes full Mad Marty "why you little cock pussy" and they get banned for abusive posts. It's all so predictable and really really tedious from a mod's perspective..... seriously fucking yawn...

:yawn: :roll:

:wink:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Nick Nack wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 2:02 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:34 am
We can waste as many posts and column inches on discussions about a new manager but in all logic ,Arteta is not leaving until he decides to go. The board ( Josh ) has bought into his project and nothing will change at the top until it's run it's course.
Has Diet Pep "earned the right to decide when he leaves " :wink: :D
I cant see the Kroenkes sacking him so it will be his decision.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

All this talk about sacking him ect. He will be Man City's top target to replace Pep. And if he goes to City, we dont compete with Arteta's Man City. We hire De Zerbi, Arteta goes to Man City..............the title talk is all over. Arteta has more chance of beating Pep over 38 games, than De Zerbi has of beating Arteta over 38 games. Why do people not see this?

It still amazes me how bad some of the takes on Arteta are. If we sacked him, he would win a league title before we would.

It is essential we tie him up, now more than ever.

augie

Post by augie »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 10:39 pm
All this talk about sacking him ect. He will be Man City's top target to replace Pep. And if he goes to City, we dont compete with Arteta's Man City. We hire De Zerbi, Arteta goes to Man City..............the title talk is all over. Arteta has more chance of beating Pep over 38 games, than De Zerbi has of beating Arteta over 38 games. Why do people not see this?

It still amazes me how bad some of the takes on Arteta are. If we sacked him, he would win a league title before we would.

You into that kinda thing ? Always knew your obsession with the cone boy bordered on a fetish, but still whatever you are into I guess :? :wink:

Btw he'll win a league before we will ? Yes at citeeh he will but then again you or I could manage a club with unlimited funds to the title :roll: It is shocking that a dogshite manager like ten haag, with a far worse team than the cone boy has, has now won more trophies in two seasons than the cone boy has in FIVE :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

To the tune of Vieira woah....

De Zerbi woah
De Zerbi woah
He came to Arsenal
Wilson went men-tal
De Zerbi woah

:lol: :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

augie wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 6:22 am
wilson2.0 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 10:39 pm

You into that kinda thing ? Always knew your obsession with the cone boy bordered on a fetish, but still whatever you are into I guess :? :wink:

Btw he'll win a league before we will ? Yes at citeeh he will but then again you or I could manage a club with unlimited funds to the title :roll: It is shocking that a dogshite manager like ten haag, with a far worse team than the cone boy has, has now won more trophies in two seasons than the cone boy has in FIVE :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:

Ahem ,2 community shields as well as 1 FA Cup

:lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨Mikel Arteta is set to become one of the highest paid managers in the Premier League, with his new deal expected to be worth more than £10million a year.

[@SamiMokbel81_DM]

Just to cheer Augie up :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 5:55 pm
🚨Mikel Arteta is set to become one of the highest paid managers in the Premier League, with his new deal expected to be worth more than £10million a year.

[@SamiMokbel81_DM]

He has one year left on his current deal I think, so if they are convinced that he is the right man for the job then they are going to have to shell out big money to keep him - I still think they are wrong but this deal dont surprise me either

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

mcdowell42 wrote:

[@SamiMokbel81_DM]

And how much would it cost us to get a manager who would win us something?

8th
8th
5th
2nd
2nd

x1 FA Cup*

x2 Community Shield

It’s hardly £10m p/a quality, is it?

*Covid paused the season

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 8:24 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

[@SamiMokbel81_DM]

8th
8th
5th
2nd
2nd

x1 FA Cup*

x2 Community Shield

*Covid paused the season
Wouldn’t matter who was manager - the biggest hurdle is we are competing with a City team that have just won an unprecedented 4 league titles in a row.
Practically any other season we win the league in the last 2 years with our points totals.

IF city get dealt with properly, ie relegated, points deducted on a large scale, transfer embargo, pep departs, we and Super Mik Arteta reign supreme.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Thu May 30, 2024 7:22 am
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 8:24 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

[@SamiMokbel81_DM]

8th
8th
5th
2nd
2nd

x1 FA Cup*

x2 Community Shield

*Covid paused the season
Wouldn’t matter who was manager - the biggest hurdle is we are competing with a City team that have just won an unprecedented 4 league titles in a row.
Practically any other season we win the league in the last 2 years with our points totals.

IF city get dealt with properly, ie relegated, points deducted on a large scale, transfer embargo, pep departs, we and Super Mik Arteta reign supreme.
That's quite an interesting way of putting it Stuart. I note one of your qualifiers there though is the bald badtard has to leave cheaty. Is that not an admission that Arteta is not good enough?

Yep I'm being a tad facetious there but you can see how it reads..... :wink:

I do agree that any manager has the bases loaded against them while 115 FC are allowed cheat and spend freely but I also believe they are beatable. Is Arteta the man to beat them? Maybe. But I'm not convinced.

If he had sent us out to look for the win against cheaty instead of the draw we'd have won the league. Yes if we'd risked it and lost we'd have been out of the running sooner but that for me was a key day where a GG or a Pre-insanity Wenger would have gone for the win.